: Drivers seat (bottom cushion part) broken ?

mbnv992
03-09-11, 09:03 PM
Good day all,
Do these cars have a common issue of having the drivers seat (the cushion part) come loose ? On my mom's new (2005) STS, when she first got the car, the side panel where you adjust the seat positions was popped off (hanging off, but still working). She took it back, and they replaced the side panel with a new one. Now, whenever she gets out of the car, the entire set cushion rocks back and fourth. I saw this myself as well. Even if you just rock it a little with your hand (nasty jokes aside here lol), it will wiggle from side to side.

Any idea if they can replace the just the bottom seat cushion (and how much would that probably cost ?), or will they have to replace the entire seat ?

Opinions welcome ! My guess is the previous owner of this car had to be VERY large in order to break the seat cushion. When you get in/out of the car you can hear it go "creeeeak" lol

1BadCadSTS
03-09-11, 09:07 PM
Theres a TSB out on this they repair it with some fuel line.

DitkaFan
03-09-11, 10:13 PM
Do you know the tsb#. I have the same issue with my 08!

EChas3
03-09-11, 10:36 PM
It in the Stickey thread, above.

chazglenn3
03-09-11, 11:47 PM
I would like to know what the dealer charges to complete this TSB. After spending three hours today just replacing the small bulbs in my headlights, I'm not too excited about undergoing the seat repair myself.

mbnv992
03-10-11, 09:05 AM
Well, thanks everyone ! That's exactly the info. I was looking for !

I had no clue there was a TSB about that. (Seems that there were a LOT of TSB's on these cars, and all the TSB's so far are all the issues my mothers car had, the peeling/chipped start button, etc.).

I printed out the TSB, and we'll be going BACK again to the dealer.

I hope they would still cover that under warrenty.

DitkaFan
03-10-11, 10:19 AM
It in the Stickey thread, above.

Its seems according to the sticky, that the TSB is only for 05-07s, but my 08 definately has this issue...

1BadCadSTS
03-10-11, 12:13 PM
Its an 07 TSB, it probably is updated to include all models at this point.

mbnv992
03-10-11, 12:24 PM
Now, here's another question, (I'll find this out when I call the dealership anyway in a little bit), but will they cover a TSB even though the car is not under warranty ? So, even though a TSB was issued, is there a certian time that you have to have to get the issue fixed, or will they fix it anyway even though the TSB was over like 3-4 years ago ?

1BadCadSTS
03-10-11, 01:02 PM
No
A TSB is not a recall its an advisor for dealers so they know its a common problem and a GM solution to it. Only your 4/50K will cover TSBs.

EChas3
03-10-11, 09:05 PM
CPO will, too.