: new tires and problems??

DSM CTS-V
03-09-11, 07:52 PM
ok so yesterday i put on my summer tires and now im having some issues. first off 1 of my tpms sensors is reading 0 psi. i tried the relearn at my work the sensor responds but reads 0 psi??? the second is now i cant go into comp mode. the traction control still works and the stability control works. when i hit the tc button it just turns off then hit it again within the 2 seconds it just turns right back on..
the tires are uniroyal gtz 275/40/18 rear and 245/45/18 front

any help would be nice

thanks

Brad1970
03-09-11, 09:18 PM
If I understand the TPMS, if those sensors are not correct or malfunctioning, you can't go into the comp mode. I'm having an issue with my sensor as well, but won't hi-jack your thread

50 4Ever
03-09-11, 10:06 PM
You can't go into comp mode because the computer thinks one tire is flat. I've never had this particular problem but I suspect that the sensor in question is bad. If the battery was bad and was not transmitting your DIC would show "--", but some how the sensor is transmitting "0".

Let us know what the fix is...

mberisha
03-10-11, 02:24 AM
ok so yesterday i put on my summer tires and now im having some issues. first off 1 of my tpms sensors is reading 0 psi. i tried the relearn at my work the sensor responds but reads 0 psi??? the second is now i cant go into comp mode. the traction control still works and the stability control works. when i hit the tc button it just turns off then hit it again within the 2 seconds it just turns right back on..
the tires are uniroyal gtz 275/40/18 rear and 245/45/18 front

any help would be nice

thanks

How many miles have you put on your V since you changed the tires? I had the same issue...went on a 50 mile drive and the sensors reset themselves somehow and I haven't had an issue since.

And yes...if sensors are not displaying proper psi...comp mode will not work.

DSM CTS-V
03-10-11, 01:03 PM
How many miles have you put on your V since you changed the tires? I had the same issue...went on a 50 mile drive and the sensors reset themselves somehow and I haven't had an issue since.

And yes...if sensors are not displaying proper psi...comp mode will not work.

ive driven about 15-20 miles with them still same problem.. im going to try and just replace the sensor..

thanks for the help guys

mberisha
03-10-11, 02:02 PM
I had the issue on short drives too w/o reset....may want to just go on a cruise and see what happens....50 miles seemed to be the magic # for me...you never know....