: Got it!

mhemsley
03-09-11, 03:03 PM
WoWoWoW! Thanks to the forum and the classifieds, I found my car - 2006, silver, 57K miles with Luxury Warranty good for the next 18 months or to 100,000 miles. It was in Orlando, and after considerable issues with finance companies and title releases on his end, I picked it up last Thursday night. It had serious window tint (to much for Mississippi), so he found a place that removes tint - Flying Window Tint in Orlando did it in an hour for $50. FYI - if you have to have tint removed, find a place that has a steamer. Other methods that involve razor blades will probably wreck the rear window defogger.

I had a previous experience with buying a car in Florida and bringing it back to Mississippi. That time, I listened to a clerk at the tag office, paid tax (to be sent to Mississippi), and drove back with a temp tag. There's no agreement between MS and FL, so I paid tax a second time when I got home. This time I drove home with NO tag and no problems.

I'm loving this car - it is just so nice to drive, comfortable, and fun. And it sounds SOOOOOOOOOOOO good!

I've had many Alfa Romeos, so I love the fact that it's a V, which on Alfas stands for Veloce = fast!

Ciao,

Mike

V-Guy
03-09-11, 03:13 PM
Congrats!!! Now post some pics!!

mhemsley
03-09-11, 03:24 PM
Until I get a chance to take some, I'll cheat and post the link to the pics the previous owner took:

http://s877.photobucket.com/albums/ab334/razlbucket/2006%20CTSV/?start=all

Schedule is pretty ugly right now and includes a quick trip to MD from MS this weekend, so it will be next week before I can take some pics of the car with the Mississippi Sound in the background.

Mike

CadzillaTN
03-09-11, 06:10 PM
Where in MS are you? There's a guy on ls1tech down in Brandon I believe.

JimmyH
03-09-11, 08:33 PM
Congrats and welcome to the forums. Make sure you pay attention to her, or she'll bite you :D