: Outside Temperature Display Disappeared

Chuck777
03-09-11, 01:19 PM
The outside (ambient) temperature display that was on the upper right hand corner (next to the time) of my nav screen just disappeared after a recent update at my dealership. The update was to fix the issue of the nav and radio not storing the last settings after the car was turned off. The time display is controlled by a setting in the time screen but no one can find out why the outside temperature disappeared. The tech center is researching the issue.

Anyone else have any experience with this issue? My car is a 2010 SRX Performance AWD.

Thanks

TheCaptain
03-09-11, 01:46 PM
Mine disappeared a couple of times before. It showed up on the next startup though.

Chuck777
03-09-11, 01:54 PM
I was hoping for the same. Mine's been gone a week today. Really miss it.

Ponyman
03-10-11, 10:36 AM
Same as the Captain. Ours disapeared once, but after shutting the car off and rrestarting it reappeared.

TheCaptain
03-10-11, 02:28 PM
Yea man, if its gone a week, there's a glitch with the sensor or programming.

Who the heck does GM get their electrical from? Delphi?

ickday1
03-10-11, 05:39 PM
"Who the heck does GM get their electrical from? Delphi?"

I believe it is from Pedro's Lektric Parts in Tijuana.

saugusta
11-21-11, 10:50 AM
Chuck777 - Did your temp display ever come back? I just had the software "update" done to my 2010 SRX and it's not displaying the outside temp anymore.

Marc NY
11-21-11, 11:47 AM
Same as the Captain. Ours disapeared once, but after shutting the car off and rrestarting it reappeared.If I am correct I believe your problem lies in the fact that your NAV was reprogramed and that will cause the clock to reset to the original default setting of "OFF". You have to go back into the config menu and you must reselect "ON" for your clock to appear on the NAV screen once again.

FYI: I noticed that on my new 2012 my default setting was set to "OFF" so I had to go in and select my clock to "ON" in order for it to be viewable.

stevec5375
11-21-11, 05:15 PM
If I am correct I believe your problem lies in the fact that your NAV was reprogramed and that will cause the clock to reset to the original default setting of "OFF". You have to go back into the config menu and you must reselect "ON" for your clock to appear on the NAV screen once again.

FYI: I noticed that on my new 2012 my default setting was set to "OFF" so I had to go in and select my clock to "ON" in order for it to be viewable.

I've never understood why they would default features to "OFF" and have the customer wonder why something isn't working. Better to turn it all on and let them selectively turn off what they don't want to see. I say this because MOST people refuse to RTFM. :)

Bejay
11-21-11, 10:52 PM
Mine disappeared the other day and I pushed the radio on/off button and it came back on. I have done that a few times.

saugusta
11-28-11, 04:12 PM
I have the clock in the Nav displayed, and have tried turning the radio on and off, but still don't have any outside temperature display. My dealer has no clue what is wrong. In fact, the dealer's customer service rep has a 2010 SRX with the "Washington, DC" problem on the Nav. She wasn't even aware there was a TSB on it...and she works there!