: Newbie and lovin' it

Cdaddy
03-09-11, 10:54 AM
I am not sure I am posting in the right place, but i just wanted to introduce myself. I am new to the forums(and GM), I bought my 05 Raven V on Christmas '10..yup

I came from a 95 supra (yes fast and furious), I have a little boy so I needed something with go and a back seat.. I have been all smiles since.

I would love to mod it if i had time, but that's what brought me to buy a V, it's balls out right out of the box!

If anyone is from the Dayton, OH area on here PM me, I have some questions..

V-Guy
03-09-11, 11:08 AM
I'm in Indy - just a short hop from Dayton on I-70. In that regard, you might want to drive over for our "Indy V Meet" on April 16, 2011. Check out the thread here about it - we'd love to have you! We're looking at having over 20 Vs there -with many different variations of mods!

Welcome!!

Guy

CadzillaTN
03-09-11, 11:18 AM
Welcome.

I drove my friend's mom's tt supra back in 95 when it was brand new. Incredible car... Silver exterior, black leather, targa top. Felt and sounded like a lear jet... True effortless acceleration.

Most of them are molested now, and the low mileage untouched versions are easily 30-50k... :(

Cdaddy
03-09-11, 03:05 PM
Yep, I had a TT on the highway it was a rocket ship. The V is a different animal though, and truthfully much better handling!

JD03Cobra
03-09-11, 03:24 PM
Congrats and welcome! Post up some pics

Cdaddy
03-09-11, 05:30 PM
I'm in Indy - just a short hop from Dayton on I-70. In that regard, you might want to drive over for our "Indy V Meet" on April 16, 2011. Check out the thread here about it - we'd love to have you! We're looking at having over 20 Vs there -with many different variations of mods!

Welcome!!

Guy

I am scheduling this now!

V-Guy
03-09-11, 07:17 PM
I am scheduling this now!

Fantastic!! I'll add you to the list in the other thread!! I think that puts us at 21 Vs!! (Now that's a parking lot full of some serious HP.)

By the way, Cobrahunter is also driving over from Dayton.

rand49er
03-09-11, 07:27 PM
Welcome!

20? ... did you say 20 Vs?

You guys might beat that Texas bunch a year or so ago.

V-Guy
03-09-11, 07:30 PM
Welcome!

Actually, we're at 22, with over a month to recruit more!

CadzillaTN
03-09-11, 09:06 PM
Yep, I had a TT on the highway it was a rocket ship. The V is a different animal though, and truthfully much better handling!

Interesting.. I must be too scared or too old then, because in stock form that car felt like it was superglued to the road compared to the V..

JimmyH
03-09-11, 09:36 PM
Welcome!

god I hope so. it is tiring hearing how "cool" texas V meets are.

welcome cdaddy.

JimmyH
03-09-11, 09:38 PM
Interesting.. I must be too scared or too old then, because in stock form that car felt like it was superglued to the road compared to the V..

I still think it's hilarious how after the 2nd or 3rd year of production, they cut the base price in half :lol: I knew a guy who was on a Supra forum, and the backlash was worse than you could imagine.

Mystical_Ice
03-10-11, 02:54 AM
god I hope so. it is tiring hearing how "cool" texas V meets are.

welcome cdaddy.

the only 'cool' texas meets are the ones in Dallas.

Here in Houston I think the most we ever got was like 5

JimmyH
03-10-11, 11:53 AM
probably because of the smell