: Standing water on the floor of the backseat?

nerdifiedgeek
03-08-11, 11:55 PM
I just noticed recently with all the rain we have been getting there is a puddle on the floor in my back seat. There are no visible signs of a leak through the roof or door that I can see. Anyone know where it might be coming from? It's only on the drivers side

caddyfat2
03-09-11, 10:44 PM
If you have a sunroof it could be that the sunroof drains are clogged.

CaddyshackCadillac
03-09-11, 10:53 PM
Check your door seals it could be running down thru the door jam this not revealing any visible leak have someone sit inside while u hose the car maybe u can see it then

Black02SLPSS
03-11-11, 07:05 PM
It may sound weird, but pull that plastic shroud at the base of the windshield off, its where you go to access your cabin air filter. At the bottom of that area there will be a rubber grommet used as a drain. If that gets clogged then it will pool up in that area and overflow through the part that holds in your cabin air filter and will eventually make it into the cabin.

nerdifiedgeek
03-13-11, 12:03 PM
ok so I cleaned out the area with the air filter as suggested, and it was kind of blocked up I think. I then cleaned out all the water in the back seat. Well this morning I went out, and the water is back! It hasn't rained since Thursday....

DrBubba
06-02-11, 05:40 PM
I think I can totally help you with this! :bouncy:

It has happened to me twice. The first time it was a mystery that I had to live with for months. The second time, I resolved it immediately because I finally knew the cause!

Open your hood.

Remove the portion of the plastic cover at the base of the windshield on the passenger side.

Unbolt and remove the cabin air filter housing to get it out of the way. This is a pain in the ass to get out, at least it is on my Catera.

By this point you should be seeing lots of water!

Reach down into the murky depths and aim toward the front of the car and you'll find gunk and leaves and pine needles or whatever. Pull that out and if you need to, jiggle/jam your finger toward the front of the car and suddenly, alllll the water will gush out of the drain hole that's been clogged up with stuff!

Basically, what happens is that the hole gets plugged and the water fills up that cavity and every time you accelerate or turn, the water sloshes up through the ventilation system and pours into your passenger floorboard and eventually comes to rest in the rear passenger footwell.

I sure hope this solves your problem because it annoyed the heck out of me for the longest time. I went to 6 places and none of them had any idea where to even start looking.