: Xm?

Ponyman
03-08-11, 07:54 PM
Anyone gotten any good discounts at XM radio recently. I called about renewing the Cadillac in a couple of weeks and they said the $77 plus royalty was no longer available. I didn't push them to the cancellation department. Thought I would see what everyone else is running into before I went that far. I did get the cheap rate for the other two cars back in December. Thanks

sube5186
03-09-11, 01:22 PM
The $77 deal doesn't have to still be on for you to get it. I renewed a few weeks ago and got it for the second time. After the first person told me they couldn't give it to me, I immediately asked for the cancellation dept. I told them I don't drive the car enough to justify paying full price and that if they can't give me the $77 rate I'll have to permanently cancel my account. They gave it to me with no haggling. Make sure you tell them to "invoice" you. Don't give them a credit card no. Also, you have to call again before your subscription expires and automatically renews AT THEIR REGULAR RATE.

They'd rather lose some money and keep a customer, then to permanently lose a regular account. Trust me. These people are hurting. With free internet radio stations like Pandora and Slacker, XM is struggling to keep their heads above water. They'll take whatever they can get.

Sube

Chuck777
03-09-11, 01:42 PM
I got it also from the cancellation department on 3/6/11

ATC
03-09-11, 02:15 PM
I also got the $77 from the cancellation dept. about two weeks ago.

Smokin' SRX
03-11-11, 11:59 PM
I must be a soft touch! I just renewed for $98 when they asked for $144 and I said too much. Never take the first price. Remember Kramer and the free lattee's ? They were gonna give him $50,000 !!

LOL

SS

Ponyman
03-12-11, 09:25 AM
Just an update. I did call back and got the $77 plus royalty fees. Had to go to the cancellation department, and even then they played hardball. Got right down to the point that I said cancel, and then they relented and gave me the good deal. They would get a lot more loyalty from me if they didn't play games, but then thanks to our good old U. S. government they are a monoply and the only game in town. I may have to buy an I-Pod, and learn how to use that gigantic hard drive the SRX has. If I drove it more than once every three or four weeks I would. Just hasn't been worth my time since the wife drives ti all the time, and I get behind the wheel so rarely.

jpcork40
03-12-11, 11:11 AM
How many months does the $77 deal cover?

Ponyman
03-12-11, 06:39 PM
One year. It is $77 plus royalty fee, which brings it to around $88. You really have to push them to get it, and get transfered to their cancellation dept and then push some more. They DON'T want to see you cancel, because more than likely you will never come back.