: Interior light problem

pecordj
10-03-04, 06:08 PM
93 FWB RWD, interior lights stay when driving day or night and do not go off. If I open the door and then close it, it takes about 15 minutes for the interior lights to go off. I am not sure if the Twilight feature has anything to do with it, so I slid the lever to the "off" position and it still does the same thing. Has anyone seen this before..any ideas would be great. thanks.

mastertech
10-03-04, 07:31 PM
You most likely have a bad door jamb switch, the drivers door being the most likely, as it receives the most use. Easily obtainable and replaceable...cheap,too. Give that a shot first!

pecordj
10-03-04, 08:51 PM
I thought about that, but I see no mechanical (detent) switch...at least the ones I am use to. All that is in the position where I would expect a switch to be is a black circle that is almost flush with the door jam/cowl.

FASSTWOOD
10-04-04, 10:30 AM
This car doesn't have a door jam switch it is a micro switch inside of the door lock mechanism. I had the same problem it turned out to be my left front door I cleaned it and greased it. It works fine now...

pecordj
10-05-04, 09:20 AM
Thanks a bunch Fasstwood, that was the problem. The clip that holds the switch had slipped off the key lock cylinder. All is well now....you the man!!!

FASSTWOOD
10-05-04, 07:37 PM
There ya go another satisfied customer :)

GreyFox
10-06-04, 12:01 PM
I suppose that means you have to take the door apart to get to it?

FASSTWOOD
10-06-04, 12:52 PM
Yes you do. :(