: Is there any Fuel Brand that you will Avoid at all costs ?

ThumperPup
03-07-11, 10:27 PM
Just wondering if you have a specific brand fuel that you will avoid at all costs perhaps something that you hate because you don't agree with the company and the way they operate or
because you just don't like there fuel
something that there fuel may have done to your car
maybe you think they do something to the mixture that makes it burn faster
if so what is your reason what is the brand fuel
and why do you not like them for what ever reasons

For me
id have to say It would be Marathon Its just been the one fuel i have hated with a passion
not sure but i feel it burns the fastest out of any fuel i have ever used i have disliked there fuel since the 90s in my first Lincoln and have not used any fuel from a Marathon since maybe iv used fuel from someone who buys it from Marathon but i don't know without looking into depth and all about that
but i just know i dislike marathon and would rather pass them up and take the chance of running out of gas on a stretch of secluded highway then pump there burning up so fast fuel in my far
maybe its just me
or maybe other ppl feel this way also

but this is the company i hate with a passion how about you
?

drewsdeville
03-08-11, 12:26 AM
Just wondering if you have a specific brand fuel that you will avoid at all costs perhaps something that you hate because you don't agree with the company and the way they operate or
because you just don't like there fuel
something that there fuel may have done to your car
maybe you think they do something to the mixture that makes it burn faster
if so what is your reason what is the brand fuel
and why do you not like them for what ever reasons

For me
id have to say It would be Marathon Its just been the one fuel i have hated with a passion
not sure but i feel it burns the fastest out of any fuel i have ever used i have disliked there fuel since the 90s in my first Lincoln and have not used any fuel from a Marathon since maybe iv used fuel from someone who buys it from Marathon but i don't know without looking into depth and all about that
but i just know i dislike marathon and would rather pass them up and take the chance of running out of gas on a stretch of secluded highway then pump there burning up so fast fuel in my far
maybe its just me
or maybe other ppl feel this way also

but this is the company i hate with a passion how about you
?

I really don't care. It all goes down the same pipe. If I need fuel, I'll stop anywhere convenient. If I have a preference at the time, it's because the gas station has an awesome convenience store inside.

greencadillacmatt
03-08-11, 12:40 AM
Not any particular fuel that I avoid. I do try and fill up at the BP in town, since they always have the freshest gas.

Playdrv4me
03-08-11, 12:42 AM
The *ONLY* fuel brand that even REMOTELY made me think twice was Conoco, and ONLY because I was under the impression that it had something to do with Hugo Chavez in Venezuela. Well, misinformation is what you get with here-say, and when I researched further I found out that ConocoPhillips pulled out of there years ago in 2007, THEN Chavez took over their OLD plants in Venezuela.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-08-11, 12:50 AM
I typically try to shy away from the gas stations that are attached to grocery stores or big discount stores, because their gas is cheaper and doesn't have as much nitrogen in it (to keep the engine clean) as the higher priced gas stuff does. But that doesn't mean I "won't ever buy from there", I just won't make a habit of it. Because like Drew said, it doesn't vary that much from brand to brand, and for the amount of driving I do, it burns through it fast enough anyways.

I'll typically go to either a Holiday or Kwik Trip up here because they've got the best & cleanest convenience stores and the biggest selection of candy & pop.

Playdrv4me
03-08-11, 12:54 AM
I typically try to shy away from the gas stations that are attached to grocery stores or big discount stores, because their gas is cheaper and doesn't have as much nitrogen in it (to keep the engine clean) as the higher priced gas stuff does. But that doesn't mean I "won't ever buy from there", I just won't make a habit of it. Because like Drew said, it doesn't vary that much from brand to brand, and for the amount of driving I do, it burns through it fast enough anyways.

I'll typically go to either a Holiday or Kwik Trip up here because they've got the best & cleanest convenience stores and the biggest selection of candy & pop.

Not to be confused with the original, QuikTrip. :stirpot:

ThumperPup
03-08-11, 12:59 AM
there was a time where i did not like Sonoco but i still bought from them because it was on the turnpike then i was happy when i heard they where all being converted to another station named Valero but then from what i had heard valero was owned by some bad person not good with the U/S but it could never be proven to be true
now they are all over the Ohio turnpike so not sure if its true what i heard back when they switched from sonoco to valero i use them if i need it and have no other choice but try to stay away from them

getgo wich is also owned by giant eagle its the grocery store gas station
they have decent gas i filled up there a few times a year maybe 4 or 5 times a year for free when my fuel pearls add to enough for th free fuel and there fuel seems to run good in the Seville

Playdrv4me
03-08-11, 01:53 AM
there was a time where i did not like Sonoco but i still bought from them because it was on the turnpike then i was happy when i heard they where all being converted to another station named Valero but then from what i had heard valero was owned by some bad person not good with the U/S but it could never be proven to be true
now they are all over the Ohio turnpike so not sure if its true what i heard back when they switched from sonoco to valero i use them if i need it and have no other choice but try to stay away from them

getgo wich is also owned by giant eagle its the grocery store gas station
they have decent gas i filled up there a few times a year maybe 4 or 5 times a year for free when my fuel pearls add to enough for th free fuel and there fuel seems to run good in the Seville

Valero Corporation is based here in San Antonio and always has been to the best of my knowledge. Some of their former and current brands include Total and Diamond Shamrock.

77CDV
03-08-11, 02:24 AM
Years ago, I wouldn't use Mobil in my 77 because it made the car diesel. Nowadays, there's little if any difference among brands. The only thing is with the two older cars, especially the 69, I have to doctor up the gas a bit because it's so watered down with ethanol and other crap.

Aron9000
03-08-11, 02:52 AM
Thumper, all the Marathon stations around here are ethanol free, along with all Quick Sak stations. I think its the same company, because their sinage and coloring are the same.

I used to stay away from BP because of the oil spill fiasco. I started going there again when they offered a promotion to lure customers back. Fill your car up 5 times and get a $10 BP gift card. Sweet, free money:cool2: Plus the guy at the register is a big Cadillac buff and loves my car. He has an extra minty late 80's Brougham, gray on maroon leather.:drool:

I will ABSOLUTELY NEVER GO TO CITGO. That company is entirely owned by the Venezuelan government and that ******* Hugo Chavez. Buying gas there gives $$$ directly to one of America's greatest enemies. Maybe not the greatest threat to our security, but revile of his rhetoritic rivals Osama Bin Laden.

gdwriter
03-08-11, 02:53 AM
I won't buy from ExxonMobil (sorry Artie). Although all oil companies screw consumers over while making sh*tloads of money, XOM is the most egregious example.

http://www.gdwriter.com/Obscene.gif

I also won't buy Arco. They've had a reputation for crappy gas that they're now trying to counter (not convincingly) with advertising, but mostly I hate that they tack a surcharge on using your debit or credit card. Usually I fill up at Safeway in Salem, Albany or Corvallis, where I get a 3-cent Club Card discount, but if I need gas in Independence, I go to Chevron.

According to the sales literature, Betty requires premium with the 327 (10.5:1 compression vs. 9.25:1 for the 283), but I haven't had any trouble with knocking running 87. When I lived in Arizona, I would often run 89 octane in the summer to prevent knocking, but I don't have that heat issue in Oregon.

Playdrv4me
03-08-11, 03:20 AM
Thumper, all the Marathon stations around here are ethanol free, along with all Quick Sak stations. I think its the same company, because their sinage and coloring are the same.

I used to stay away from BP because of the oil spill fiasco. I started going there again when they offered a promotion to lure customers back. Fill your car up 5 times and get a $10 BP gift card. Sweet, free money:cool2: Plus the guy at the register is a big Cadillac buff and loves my car. He has an extra minty late 80's Brougham, gray on maroon leather.:drool:

I will ABSOLUTELY NEVER GO TO CITGO. That company is entirely owned by the Venezuelan government and that ******* Hugo Chavez. Buying gas there gives $$$ directly to one of America's greatest enemies. Maybe not the greatest threat to our security, but revile of his rhetoritic rivals Osama Bin Laden.

OHH That's right, it IS Citgo, NOT Conoco! I'm glad I wasn't off my rocker on that after all.

As for BP, one thing people frequently forgot when avoiding BP stations was that by doing that, the station owner that had nothing to do with BP or the oil spill suffered. For that reason I didn't avoid the BP stations if they happened to have the lowest price. In most cases though, I don't think they did.

ewill3rd
03-08-11, 09:03 AM
I stop at Shell given a choice, I get gas now at Costco because one is close and it saves me $.20 a gallon.
I won't buy gas at Exxon because their gas sucks, I can tell a difference in the way my car runs when I use it.
I used to get it because they have a deal with Upromise but my car isn't worth destroying fo cents on the hundreds.

ThumperPup
03-08-11, 09:36 AM

there where 5 bp's in the NE Ohio that i would go to even with the oil spill and all that
the only reason i would go there was because i know they where privatly owned and not corprate

the company owned ones they could lick my feet and give me free gas and i wouldnt go there lol

ThumperPup
03-08-11, 09:38 AM
i actaly have Mobile on one of my favorit lists
if there was a Mobil station and a Fuel mart across the st from each other wich are 2 of my favorits i would have to go to pick mobil first
I won't buy from ExxonMobil (sorry Artie). Although all oil companies screw consumers over while making sh*tloads of money, XOM is the most egregious example.

http://www.gdwriter.com/Obscene.gif

I also won't buy Arco. They've had a reputation for crappy gas that they're now trying to counter (not convincingly) with advertising, but mostly I hate that they tack a surcharge on using your debit or credit card. Usually I fill up at Safeway in Salem, Albany or Corvallis, where I get a 3-cent Club Card discount, but if I need gas in Independence, I go to Chevron.

According to the sales literature, Betty requires premium with the 327 (10.5:1 compression vs. 9.25:1 for the 283), but I haven't had any trouble with knocking running 87. When I lived in Arizona, I would often run 89 octane in the summer to prevent knocking, but I don't have that heat issue in Oregon.

ThumperPup
03-08-11, 09:41 AM
I stop at Shell given a choice, I get gas now at Costco because one is close and it saves me $.20 a gallon.
I won't buy gas at Exxon because their gas sucks, I can tell a difference in the way my car runs when I use it.
I used to get it because they have a deal with Upromise but my car isn't worth destroying fo cents on the hundreds.

what is teh problem with the mobil fuel
is it in the mixture
what happens how does it make your car run bad
im just wanting to know what to look for next time
i never noticed that problem when i fuel up wiith mobile it alwasy runs great and
it burns good also not fast

EcSTSatic
03-08-11, 12:28 PM
There was a Valero by my house that i avoided (now its a Phillips). I used to get hit up for gas money frequently with some hard luck stories. Three times on different occasions by the same guy! The station wouldn't do anything about it.

Stingroo
03-08-11, 12:38 PM
I avoid BP because they tack on 5 cents a gallon for credit/debit purchases in my home town, which is how I purchase my gas 99.9% of the time. I like Sunoco because it's often the cheapest near me when I'm at home, but up here at school, I always fill up at a Gate station, because there are two right near the school and that's about it. (Well, there's a Shell but it's always 3-4 cents more per gallon).

Jesda
03-08-11, 12:39 PM
I've never been approached for money more often than when I was in Atlanta and Tampa.

That's what happens when you have sunshine. The little insects come out to play.

Stingroo
03-08-11, 12:43 PM
:lol: I've only been approached for money once, and I actually gave it to the guy because I felt legitimately bad. He brought what he told me was his wife's flat tire to the gas station and realized he didn't have any quarters for the air pump so I put the 75 cents in and went about my business.

Sunshine does bring out the crazies, though.

Ranger
03-08-11, 01:11 PM
Not any particular fuel that I avoid. I do try and fill up at the BP in town, since they always have the freshest gas.

How do you know that?
What if it's not "fresh"? How would you even know?

EcSTSatic
03-08-11, 02:10 PM
How do you know that?

The gas talks back!

EcSTSatic
03-08-11, 02:14 PM
:lol: I've only been approached for money once, and I actually gave it to the guy because I felt legitimately bad. He brought what he told me was his wife's flat tire to the gas station and realized he didn't have any quarters for the air pump so I put the 75 cents in and went about my business.

Sunshine does bring out the crazies, though.

It does feel good to help someone. I actually gave the person that approached me some gas money once. After the third time i said he was stealing and I would call the police if I saw him again.

Playdrv4me
03-08-11, 04:25 PM
There was a Valero by my house that i avoided (now its a Phillips). I used to get hit up for gas money frequently with some hard luck stories. Three times on different occasions by the same guy! The station wouldn't do anything about it.

I've noticed a lot of gas stations in Wichita have been changing hands or shutting down altogether lately. The 66 or whatever it was at Central and Rock was always a favorite stop for a quick cheap touchfree car wash with my favorite machine (Laserwash), and usually had decent fuel pricing to boot... Now it's gone. There's a former BP up the road at 21st that is now just an unbranded privately owned station, and appears to have kinda gone down hill.

Submariner409
03-08-11, 07:08 PM

There are 9 gas stations in a roughly 14 mile stretch on Kent Island and east on 50. It is not uncommon to see a tanker at one or more every second or third day. Not worried about "fresh" gas here or on/near any Interstate.

............and NONE of the tankers are company specific - they're all bulk haulers out of Baltimore, MD or Wilmington, DE. There's an unbranded station on the island run by a Cambodian family - Mrs. Chhay says she buys from Mobil, Exxon, Shell, Texaco and Chevron. It all goes into the same 5,000 gallon tanks.............

Jesda
03-08-11, 09:24 PM
I'm partial to Quicktrip for their sandwich selection.

hueterm
03-08-11, 09:32 PM
You and your salmonella patties...

How have you not gotten sick from cold (hopefully) mayonnaisey slimy gas station lunch meat and/or "salad" sandwiches? I'd be in the hospital after the first one I tried...

Sevillian273
03-08-11, 09:54 PM
^ I had one of those experiences at ironically, a store that sells my preferred brand fuel, Shell.

My good gas list:
Shell
Chevron
BP

Bad gas list:
Murphy USA (walmart)
7-11 Citgo (Venezuelan fuel)
HESS

The way things are now, I'll put anything in the tank and just deal with the way it runs. My car is a woman with eternal PMS. If it doesnt get what it wants, it's a total bitch until it does. But she is a happy lady on Shell 93.

Playdrv4me
03-08-11, 09:54 PM

How have you not gotten sick from cold (hopefully) mayonnaisey slimy gas station lunch meat and/or "salad" sandwiches? I'd be in the hospital after the first one I tried...

Five Star gas stations in IL, *BEST GAS STATION SANDWICHES EVAR*. I've never had a better Egg Salad sandwich in my life.

Sevillian273
03-08-11, 09:59 PM
I seem to remember an exxon station that sold a killer rib sandwich. This thing rivaled the McRib. Of course I will probably be facing some sort of wretched colon disease because of it in my old age. But damn it was good.

Jesda
03-08-11, 09:59 PM

You will not speak ill of the QuickTrip cucumber wrap!!!

[I must have an immune system made of steel.]

ThumperPup
03-08-11, 10:04 PM
this remind me of the movie the Blind side
talking about gas station food when the foot ball coach from old miss was trying to get the guy to come there he said you can get bbq on every corner and every gas station lol

cadillac kevin
03-08-11, 11:17 PM
I never use shell. back in the 90's, my dad used shell in his apollo (250 inline 6) and the motor barely ran. changed the fuel and it ran fine. never again.
I didn't use QT in my caddy. it made the motor knock worse than normal. if you punched it, you'd be feeling (and hearing) it until you parked the car for the night or the motor cut out. I never could figure out why it didnt like QT gas and neither could my mechanic. It vapor locked twice in 2 weeks. 2 tows and $80 later, I swore off QT gas.
I try to use amoco (bp) whenever I can. I've had really good luck with their gas.

hueterm
03-08-11, 11:28 PM
I typically get gas at Sam's Club...however, Quiktrip is by far my favorite. Although, unlike Jesda, I don't even trust their cold food. I will get a hot dog there, if necessary, when traveling up and down I-44. Also, for the traveler, their restrooms are usually the least revolting...

Of the national chains, I avoid Citgo (Hugo Chavez) at all costs. I do try to frequent BP, however, when out of town, since it isn't PC and Nannybama went out of his way to vilify them. I don't think we have any BPs here.

Playdrv4me
03-08-11, 11:59 PM
Best gas station dawgs are at Love's Travel Stops by far.

Stingroo
03-09-11, 12:13 AM
I remember ages ago that a BP by our house had the BEST cheese hotdogs ever.

I want one now, damn it. :(

orconn
03-09-11, 12:17 AM
Around here BP always seems to be $.10 agallon more than the Shell station where I fill up. Also their respomsibilty to their workers and the environment seems very much lacking.

ThumperPup
03-09-11, 12:26 AM
Best gas station dawgs are at Love's Travel Stops by far.

naw i can't agree with that i think speed way has the best gas station dog's ever

Aron9000
03-09-11, 03:16 AM
Best hot dog I ever had was from a gas station ironically. It was off an exit on interstate 81 in PA somewhere south of Carsile. Little mom and pop station, very clean and immaculate. I saw them putting the hot dogs on the thingy right there for lunch and just had to get one, straight up amazing. They even had kraut!!!

If its greasy diner food you're after, T/A truck stops are the best with their Fork in the Road restraunts. When I was a teenager our late night hang out spot was the T/A truck stop, as that was the only thing that was open and it was very close. Lots of good times, we actually became pretty good friends with the waitress who worked grave yards, lol.

ben.gators
03-09-11, 05:59 AM
^
I have got to this conclusion that truck drivers know the best places for food. If I am driving in the middle of nowhere and have no idea which restaurant has the good food, I just stop at a place that has the highest number of parked trucks!

ThumperPup
03-09-11, 09:23 AM
Best hot dog I ever had was from a gas station ironically. It was off an exit on interstate 81 in PA somewhere south of Carsile. Little mom and pop station, very clean and immaculate. I saw them putting the hot dogs on the thingy right there for lunch and just had to get one, straight up amazing. They even had kraut!!!

l.

oh come one man i can see them having the best gas station hot dogs but
hands down best hot dog's in the worlds are going to be dirty water hot dog's from vendor in NYC hands down
at least for me
when i lived in Manhattan i could wake up at noon run down stairs walk to the corner and get me 2 dirty water hot dogs with kraut relish and ketchup
yummm

now those where the best hot dog's ever

Submariner409
03-09-11, 11:15 AM
That unbranded station I posted - the one run by the Cambodians - they brought a family over from Hong Kong to run their carry-out Chinese food business. Damn, it's good food. A big mix-and-match steam table with a stack of plastic 3-compartment covered trays. It's all sold by weight.

The Shell/Citi card I have still gives me 5% off on every gallon, so I tend to burn exclusively Shell gas........and I absolutely refuse to buy anything from a CITGO station.

Thursdays is 5 cents a gallon off on Shell, so if 87 octane is $3.60 on Wednesday, it goes down to $3.55 tomorrow, and I get $0.18 off that, so I'll "save" $0.23/gallon tomorrow.

Jesda
03-09-11, 11:59 AM
Gas station hot dogs have upset my stomach, but the cold sandwiches, miraculously, haven't. The hot dogs seem warm enough for bacteria to grow (like milk left out on the counter) but not hot enough to kill them. The refrigerated sandwiches seem to keep the bad stuff from growing.

ThumperPup
03-09-11, 12:31 PM
the tuna sandwitches at the locale speed way taste great

gdwriter
03-09-11, 05:31 PM
I don't think I've ever bought any food other than a candy bar or soda at a gas station.

gary88
03-09-11, 05:48 PM
I don't have a problem with any other gas station, but I will only fill my tank with Shell.

greencadillacmatt
03-09-11, 07:09 PM
How do you know that?

Haha, suprised that nobody said anything earlier. I heard from one of my auto teachers that it's "30 day" gas at BP stations (and one or two others that I can't remember.) Then there is "90 day" and "180 day". Supposedly this measure of time is how long it's been since it was refined. That, and the BP in town has a Circle K store attached that has icees with the perfect consistency of syrup to ice. :P

Ranger
03-09-11, 10:22 PM
Hmm, that don't sound right, but I don't know enough about it to raise the BS flag.

greencadillacmatt
03-09-11, 10:51 PM
Hmm, that don't sound right, but I don't know enough about it to raise the BS flag.

I've thought that since hearing it, and I like the BP station in town. :P

Aron9000
03-10-11, 02:20 AM
oh come one man i can see them having the best gas station hot dogs but
hands down best hot dog's in the worlds are going to be dirty water hot dog's from vendor in NYC hands down
at least for me
when i lived in Manhattan i could wake up at noon run down stairs walk to the corner and get me 2 dirty water hot dogs with kraut relish and ketchup
yummm

now those where the best hot dog's ever

Okay, maybe that gas station dog was the 2nd best hot dog ever. I had a "chicago style" dog at a little sidewalk cafe in Chicago, was kind of across the street from Buckingham fountain. That was an epic hotdog right there, and it should be as it was like almost $20 by the time I tipped the waitress, had a side order of fries and a beer.

As for the gas station, for the past couple of months I've been going to this one particular shell. Cheapest price anywhere in town, plus they let you use your Kroger plus $0.10 discount there(spend $100 in grocieries, get $0.10 off your next gas purchase at a shell or kroger gas station). The icing on the cake is that they have Coke in the glass bottle, packed in a chest of ice.:drink2:

ewill3rd
03-10-11, 09:07 AM
Someone asked me about this earlier, I don't know what the actual difference in the fuel is from Exxon, but as a tech I notice things most other people do not. My car doesn't run the same on it, and it uses more fuel. When I quit using it those problems went away. I have no idea why but I just don't buy it unless I coast into a station and then probably just enough to get to another place.

OffThaHorseCEO
03-10-11, 02:31 PM
i thought i was the only person who did this.

Ill pump 5 bucks here to get me to work and the shell gas station

Playdrv4me
03-10-11, 05:23 PM
Hmm... never had a problem with Exxon fuel, and i pay anally close attention to what my car is doing. For that matter I don't actually recall having trouble with any fuel though... even those creepy side of the highway stations that don't take cards and use 30 year old pumps.

Ranger
03-10-11, 10:34 PM
Same here. Gas is gas.

Jesda
03-10-11, 10:55 PM
There are two Phillips stations near me that make an awful creaking sound when you run the pumps and they're slow, suggesting age and possible sludging. On top of that, the exteriors are rusty.

As soon as I finish off a tank of that crap and top off with anything from a nicer station, performance is noticeably better.

orconn
03-11-11, 12:33 AM
! have also noticed poor performance from our Northstars after filling up with Exxon in both Northern Virginia and in Central Virginia. For this reason I avoid Exxon gas stations. I also can't come up with a reason for the difference in performance of my cars fueled with Sell and other brands and Exxon, but I do notice the difference.

drewsdeville
03-11-11, 12:36 AM
Gas is gas.
:thumbsup:

/thread

greencadillacmatt
03-11-11, 12:42 AM
I will say that on my trip to Florida last year, the further south I went, the more PILOT gas stations I came across. These were VERY cool gas stations, as they usually had a McDonalds or Subway attached, and had a HUGE store. They were big truck stops, with showers for truckers and everything. They had racks and racks of DVDs for sale, and even had chrome semi parts and CB radios for sale. It was a cool place to just wander around after you fill up. Their selection of roadtrip snacks and drinks was amazing. :thumbsup:

Aron9000
03-11-11, 07:09 AM
I will say that on my trip to Florida last year, the further south I went, the more PILOT gas stations I came across. These were VERY cool gas stations, as they usually had a McDonalds or Subway attached, and had a HUGE store. They were big truck stops, with showers for truckers and everything. They had racks and racks of DVDs for sale, and even had chrome semi parts and CB radios for sale. It was a cool place to just wander around after you fill up. Their selection of roadtrip snacks and drinks was amazing. :thumbsup:

Bill Haslam(of the billionaire Haslam family who owns pilot oil) is now the governor of Tennessee. That company is based out of Knoxville and that family basically runs that town. Bill was mayor of Knoxville before being elected governor last year.

That being said, I will never buy shitty Pilot gas. My sister kept filling her little Acura RSX up with that stuff, said it ran like crap, hesitation, rough idle, etc. Took it to the dealer, before they even took it in the service writer asked what sort of gas she was using. He sold her a bottle of fuel injection cleaner, told her to start using shell. BAM, car ran better on the next fill up, dealer knew it was damn shitty gas.

Playdrv4me
03-11-11, 03:44 PM
Bill Haslam(of the billionaire Haslam family who owns pilot oil) is now the governor of Tennessee. That company is based out of Knoxville and that family basically runs that town. Bill was mayor of Knoxville before being elected governor last year.

That being said, I will never buy shitty Pilot gas. My sister kept filling her little Acura RSX up with that stuff, said it ran like crap, hesitation, rough idle, etc. Took it to the dealer, before they even took it in the service writer asked what sort of gas she was using. He sold her a bottle of fuel injection cleaner, told her to start using shell. BAM, car ran better on the next fill up, dealer knew it was damn shitty gas.

If I'm not mistaken, Pilot and Love's merged recently too. In many cases they are right across the highway from eachother.

Again though, never had a problem with gas from either one.

ThumperPup
03-11-11, 04:02 PM
Not sure why but i just never liked stoping at a PIlot loves T/A or one of those big travel centers unless they had a sighn up like saying they where shell or BP or something

sheets i used to go to it was decent but i heard alot of ppl tell me they didnt like there fuel i stoped going there when the one i pass every week stoped using points and they changed the points you did earn at first to expire after a few months and not stay for ever like they used to