: UPDATED! What do you guys think? (PIC)

ThatCoolDude
03-07-11, 08:59 PM
So recently I posted my headlight project to see what I should do and someone recommended putting an led strip like the Audi. So I did but I couldn't find one long enough and now I think it looks a little short. I was thinking about cutting the last 3 leds so it looks like it was meant to be like that but I'm thinking on just leaving it the way it is.

CaddyshackCadillac
03-07-11, 09:38 PM
Those came out kinda cool ...how much ya gonna sell.em to me for ?the only thing is they look like a bead of .lights in a headlights housing they don't look as refined as the audi

ThatCoolDude
03-07-11, 10:26 PM
Those came out kinda cool ...how much ya gonna sell.em to me for ?the only thing is they look like a bead of .lights in a headlights housing they don't look as refined as the audi

Well of course they're not going to come out as nice as the Audi headlights haha. The Audi has a nice little section for them, these were never meant to have leds. I have no idea how much I'm going to charge make me an offer.

CaddyshackCadillac
03-07-11, 10:59 PM
I woe say either stretch em to the end all the way back or cut 2 off not 3 if ya cut 3 off it woo still look of alignment and I wouldn't know what to offer but when u figure out a price I hope ya give me first chance

CateraMV6
03-07-11, 11:24 PM
Those look like HID housings? Are they really or they just halogens...

If you bothered to open them up did you modify your projector in any way.?

ThatCoolDude
03-08-11, 12:04 AM
Those look like HID housings? Are they really or they just halogens...

If you bothered to open them up did you modify your projector in any way.?

They are hid housings, they use D2S bulbs. I just painted them cleaned the plastic, redid the wiring(when I first bought them they had no wiring for the low lights), I took apart the projector and sprayed the shield metallic purple so it has a nice little purple look at the cut off line when you look at them.

ThatCoolDude
03-08-11, 12:08 AM
Which one??

CateraMV6
03-08-11, 12:30 AM
Good man!...

On the second attempt they look much better but when you install them on your car you will see that they go out too far and it looks odd... best line is to go up between the low beam and the turn signal...

Hope this picture inspires you.. .

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/2025/41/30060020300_large.jpg
http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/2025/41/30060020296_large.jpg
http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/2025/41/30060020308_large.jpg

And if you want to read about it follow this page... R8 Strip on Catera/Omega (http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3006002/2001-opel-omega/page-20)

ThatCoolDude
03-08-11, 12:49 AM
[QUOTE=CateraMV6;2519916]Good man!...

On the second attempt they look much better but when you install them on your car you will see that they go out too far and it looks odd... best line is to go up between the low beam and the turn signal...

Hope this picture inspires you.. .

And if you want to read about it follow this page...

Very nice work man, Well I haven't sealed the lights in just yet because I'm checking how they look the best but I'll test fit them to see how they look and I'll post it.

CaddyshackCadillac
03-08-11, 01:10 AM
Have u tried over the top instead of the bottom just curious the look cool tho

ThatCoolDude
03-08-11, 01:24 AM
I think over the might look a little weird but I'll do it and post it up.

hgqguy
03-08-11, 01:48 PM
I personally liked the way you did them first.. the strip at the bottow that did not go past the side signal area.
but to each their own. Im not a fan if the strip up and down.

kaustein
03-15-11, 08:44 PM
Hate to say it, but they look nice! Too bad the car is a Craptera!

libbysman
03-17-11, 01:35 AM
Those are absolutley gorgeous!! I'm sure there are lots of Cat owners who would love to have a pair of those. No matter which way you go they look a ton better than stock. If you decide to change careers there could be a market you could sell them to. ????? Cheers, Brian

ps: I don't understand why people come to this site if they have nothing but contempt for Cats or Cimms. Sell it and get another place to go.