: Noisy center console?

ndcts1
03-06-11, 08:56 PM
Has anyone had issues with a noisy center console? Mine makes an annoying squeaking sound. Something to do with the plastice latch I want to think

sube5186
03-07-11, 10:46 AM
No noise from my center console, but I do have an annoying rattle in the area near the rear passenger door. First attempt to fix it was unsuccessful. I plan to have it addressed during my next service visit.

I've bought new cars before, driven off of the lot and never had any rattles, squeaks, etc. during the life of the car. I don't know if it's a quality control issue, or merely the luck of the draw. Fortunately, most noises can easily be corrected by simply adding some insulation to that area. Where it becomes tricky is when they can't pinpoint exactly where the noise is emanating from.

All of the various noises people are experiencing ARE NOT NORMAL, and don't let anyone try to tell you that they are. Don't be afraid to bring this up to your service department. A lot of people feel this type of thing is considered petty and don't want to be a nuisance. I say BS. If it's affecting your enjoyment of the car, get it fixed. No defect is too minor when it comes to a new car.

Sube