: Big Brother Watching

GrosvenorParkPlace
03-06-11, 10:58 AM
I receive Diagnostic Information from OnStar like oil,tires, etc.

WHAT ELSE CAN THEY DO?

Turn off equipment, track, is there a limit?

cam30era
03-06-11, 11:05 AM
I receive Diagnostic Information from OnStar like oil,tires, etc.

WHAT ELSE CAN THEY DO?

Turn off equipment, track, is there a limit?

Yes, they can track. And they can disable the vehicle and reduce the power substantially. And they can listen to conversations inside the vehicle.

stevec5375
03-06-11, 11:55 AM
I even have a gadget that plugs into my diagnostic port and reports my driving habits to my insurance company. So far I'm getting $100 off my premium as a result. I guess I'm one of those people who have nothing to hide.

Let's face it. If you are in a bad wreck and you are possibly at fault, I would suspect that the prosecutors can get a search warrant to have your car's black box admitted as evidence.

Marc NY
03-06-11, 12:05 PM
Yes, they can track. And they can disable the vehicle and reduce the power substantially. And they can listen to conversations inside the vehicle.Ah only with an official Police request can they track you and or disable your vehicle. Unless your wife calls the police and says your vehicle was stolen and she wants you tracked down... :rofl:

I even have a gadget that plugs into my diagnostic port and reports my driving habits to my insurance company. So far I'm getting $100 off my premium as a result. I guess I'm one of those people who have nothing to hide.

Let's face it. If you are in a bad wreck and you are possibly at fault, I would suspect that the prosecutors can get a search warrant to have your car's black box admitted as evidence.That is correct ... if you have nothing to hide I wouldn't worry about being able to be listen to or being able to track you down right?

BTW: There are many other ways to do that. Check your cell phone records, ping your cell phone locaton, check your EZ-PASS activity, or check your credit card transactions etc etc. Many many ways to find you out and or track you down. :canttalk:

Smokin' SRX
03-07-11, 12:42 AM
They cannot listen in unless you push the Onstar button, or deploy an airbag. Fed wiretap laws.
Now, if a Judge orders it................

They will "soon" give speeding tix based on time traveled between bridge tolls, with elec readers like "Easy Pass".............now that sucks!!

SS

PJ1520
03-07-11, 01:47 PM
They cannot listen in unless you push the Onstar button, or deploy an airbag. Fed wiretap laws.
Now, if a Judge orders it................

They will "soon" give speeding tix based on time traveled between bridge tolls, with elec readers like "Easy Pass".............now that sucks!!

SS

This could never happen with me, getting a time to distance ticket for speeding between tolls. In fact, I might even get cited for driving too slowly......due to the wife's required pit stops.

She sucks down beverages before and while we go on drives, like she is going to die of dehydration if she doesn't.......then blames matters on something else. :banghead:

PJ

tc2010
03-07-11, 03:37 PM
:suspense: Trust you really don't have a phobia about "Big Brother" :) With todays marvelous electronic age, Brother can tell where you shop; where you eat; Google Earth shows where you live; cell phones tell where you are located; etc;etc........:cop: On Star, however, might save your life......:thumbsup:

TheCaptain
03-07-11, 04:04 PM
A bigger question is, who cares if the government watches/ records? Give'em the finger and continue with your day!
:D

RippyPartsDept
03-07-11, 04:39 PM
I like to have some really weird conversations ... just in case someone's listening. That's got to be such a boring and monotonous job that I would hope that it makes their day!