: OnStar: Phone Not Available message

Brad1970
03-05-11, 02:56 AM
New to the site, V owner for 3 days now. I've searched the archives & google for an answer, but nothing really direct. except the possibility of my module being bad.

So this is what's happening... I hear the message "Phone Not Available" when I unlock the car & even after I've closed & (I think) locked it. Not sure if it just keeps on all the time or what...

According to the car service history at the Dealership it has had the digital upgrade to the OnStar system (Not sure this has anything to do with it).

Should I unplug & replug the system back in to see if this clears the issue or do I have a bad VCIM?

D3l7a3ch0
03-05-11, 03:17 AM
Good luck, wish I could help. I wonder if this is something that happened when a previous owner installed an iphone or audio interface through onstar.

getting eyes on the module doesn't sound like a bad idea. have you tried calling onstar? you get a 3 month free trial as a new owner.

//somewhat related story//

my buddy with a Camaro SS received a call from a 'wrong number', and when they called him again, he said "you know you're calling a Camaro?"

mstrjon32
03-05-11, 10:16 AM
I have an OnStar communications module from a 2005 Monte Carlo. I have no idea if it works in the V, or if you could make it work, but if you want it, it's yours free.

Brad1970
03-05-11, 03:08 PM
Guys thanks for your response...

D3l7a3ch0... I'm not sure about what they may have tried to hook up, but I can't connect to OnStar thru the car itself. It has a red light on next to it. When I turn it on, I get the error message. Are you saying call them the old fashion way (from a phone)?

MstrJon32... I may take you up on your offer once I have it looked at to make sure my unit is faulty, thank you VERY much for that. I really appreciate it. i'll try the unhooking & plugging the unit back up & a phone call to OnStar & see what that does, if you don't mind, would you go ahead & get a quote for shipping to 72116? USPS might be the cheapest in one of there "if it fits, it ships" boxes...

Thanks!!!!