: New from Ohio

jason0423
03-04-11, 11:29 AM
hello,
I'm kinda new here. Been on here a little bit, but haven't posted much. I just got my second Caddy, so I figured I'd do an intro.
First one I had was a '98 Deville D'Elegance, black on black with 154k. Great car, and I loved it for the 6 miles I was able to drive it before it overheated. Got AAA to tow it home, and there it sat in my driveway, looking all clean and shiny, while I found this site, discovered the obvious problem, considered dumping it on an unsuspecting craigslister like had been done to me, remembered I had a conscience, and dumped it for scrap value. This was about 4 months ago. I then bought a Chevy Impala, which, while roomy and comfortable wasn't anywhere near the car the deville was. even with its problems, it still stayed in my mind. I totaled the Impala a couple of weeks ago, and as luck would have it, I have a friend who works at a Lexus dealership. Now I have an '02 Deville with half the mileage, and no issues (so far) with overheating or anything at all.
I miss the fact that this one doesn't have the REAL caddy horn, but other than that, it's great.

STSS
03-04-11, 12:36 PM
:welcome: What part of Ohio are you from?

Do some searching about adding 2 more horns to your Deville - it will sound like a Cadillac should!

Florian
03-04-11, 12:54 PM
Grafton, not too far from me.... :>

F

STSS
03-04-11, 01:27 PM
Right down the road...

jason0423
03-04-11, 03:27 PM
I'm in Columbus. I've seen some stuff showing where you can add two more horns, like a C and D, but it seems like they're kinda hard to come by, and you have to basically rewire the whole thing?

Ranger
03-04-11, 03:46 PM
:welcome:

Yup, the missing horn notes can be added. Mine now sounds like a Cadillac should. All I did was mount the two new horns and wire them into the existing horns.

jason0423
03-04-11, 04:05 PM
I kinda wish I had just kept the horns from my '98 Deville. It had the good horns. Any suggestions on good online sources to find these missing horns?

Submariner409
03-04-11, 04:18 PM
www.car-part.com ??

Jesda
03-04-11, 05:49 PM
Hello!

ThumperPup
03-04-11, 08:07 PM
Welcome Aboard you in Columbus
im in Cleveland more then a few of us in the Ohio area

hmm whats this business with hornes ?
i have never heard anyone say the old cadillac horn and the new one before
what is the difrance wich one do i have in my 2000 sevillle would a real cadillac horn sound loader or something ?

jason0423
03-04-11, 10:20 PM
Welcome Aboard you in Columbus
im in Cleveland more then a few of us in the Ohio area

hmm whats this business with hornes ?
i have never heard anyone say the old cadillac horn and the new one before
what is the difrance wich one do i have in my 2000 sevillle would a real cadillac horn sound loader or something ?

My girlfriend and daughter are in Cleveland, actually. I'll be there Sunday, too. :)

IDK, how to describe it, but the 4 note horn just sounds more, well, attention getting. It sounds like only a Cadillac sounds.

Playdrv4me
03-04-11, 10:22 PM
Or you could just go with GizmoQ's solution... Train horns.

/thread

Ranger
03-04-11, 10:28 PM
I got mine online from a salvage yard. Don't recall which one, but you might try LKQ or Yancy. Yancy is where I got my DTS console.

Or you could just go with GizmoQ's solution... Train horns.
Those things can make a diesel locomotive blush with shame.

Playdrv4me
03-04-11, 10:33 PM
I got mine online from a salvage yard. Don't recall which one, but you might try LKQ or Yancy. Yancy is where I got my DTS console.

Those things can make a diesel locomotive blush with shame.

Boy you're tellin' me. I drove under a train overpass the other night and a BNSF train was passing overhead, when he hit his horns (which still sounded somewhat old and crusty) I STILL jumped in my seat a little, and I SAW the train up there. I can not imagine having the balls to actually use those things on the street for fear of giving someone a heart attack and being responsible for the aftermath!

billc83
03-04-11, 10:33 PM
Greetings and salutations.

ThumperPup
03-04-11, 11:11 PM
well i know one thing if i put air horn or trian horns on my car id have to not let the horn beep when locking the car lol at nite