: Cam Cover Colors

Racer704
03-03-11, 12:16 PM
This may have been asked already so forgive me as I didnt find it in a search. Why is one valve cover differant color then the other on N* motors?:hmm:

mhamilton
03-03-11, 12:57 PM
I have not seen this question asked on here before, but my guess has always been that it's purely for cosmetics. If both were painted silver then the causal owner would see how truly shoe-horned that engine is under the hood.

That, or it was black so it wouldn't look as dirty and cluttered back when the coil packs were mounted on top of it.

stoveguyy
03-05-11, 11:35 AM
i know but i will not tell you unless you put the purpose of your question in the header of your thread. i think all vague titled threads should be deleted

Racer704
03-05-11, 11:42 AM
Well then i will retract the question as it was just that a simple question....it didnt know it was a matter of national security....

Ranger
03-05-11, 12:48 PM
i know but i will not tell you unless you put the purpose of your question in the header of your thread. i think all vague titled threads should be deleted

I tend to agree so I changed the title to make it more informative.

stoveguyy
03-06-11, 11:58 AM
sounds like he is miffed. i wonder if he will continue to post vague comments on this and other websites. we can only hope he learned something today.

mhamilton
03-06-11, 01:40 PM
sounds like he is miffed. i wonder if he will continue to post vague comments on this and other websites. we can only hope he learned something today.

Well I'm still interested to know... am I correct in thinking it was purely for aesthetics?

Ranger
03-06-11, 02:09 PM
That would be my guess.

Submariner409
03-06-11, 02:20 PM
Well, let's see........silver reflects heat and black absorbs it..........so the rear cam cover absorbs the exhaust heat from the Y-pipe and cat, transfers it to the front cam cover which shoots the heat waves out the front of the car, decreasing air density, thus giving you a full 0.00034 second per 1/4 ?

Pete1996
03-07-11, 01:09 PM
Different colors so that they are not mixed up when both are taken off - guessing here.

mhamilton
03-07-11, 01:23 PM
Well, let's see........silver reflects heat and black absorbs it..........so the rear cam cover absorbs the exhaust heat from the Y-pipe and cat, transfers it to the front cam cover which shoots the heat waves out the front of the car, decreasing air density, thus giving you a full 0.00034 second per 1/4 ?

:lildevil: of course, and then the same company had the Y-pipe welded with 1" of pipe blocking the flow...

Racer704
03-07-11, 03:12 PM

Far from miffed sir,and what other websites are you talking about?:D
Have a great day Stove

Sub ,will this work on all engines Sir? :yup: