: Help identify this noise from the clutch.

1badCTS-V
03-02-11, 10:30 PM
Just bought a 2004 V with a Monster stage 3 and lightweight flywheel... I know the shuddering is clutch chatter.... but what's that noise? Is that normal? It only happens while you're engaging the clutch.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d90/mark_woodruff/th_Clutch.jpg (http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d90/mark_woodruff/?action=view&current=Clutch.mp4)

lollygagger8
03-03-11, 09:31 AM
Lemme guess.....Stage 3?

Oh wait you already said that.

It's a puck style clutch and hard as ballz, so it squeaks/chatters. My stage 3 Monster Clutch does squeak a little sometimes when it engages as well. It doesn't do that near as bad as yours, but it was worse right after install when it was new.

It does get better over time. It's annoying/embarrassing but give it some time, and it'll get better. The only thing that sucks is you can't really beat on it for 500 miles so get ready to suck it up for awhile. :(

1badCTS-V
03-03-11, 12:30 PM
Lemme guess.....Stage 3?

Oh wait you already said that.

It's a puck style clutch and hard as ballz, so it squeaks/chatters. My stage 3 Monster Clutch does squeak a little sometimes when it engages as well. It doesn't do that near as bad as yours, but it was worse right after install when it was new.

It does get better over time. It's annoying/embarrassing but give it some time, and it'll get better. The only thing that sucks is you can't really beat on it for 500 miles so get ready to suck it up for awhile. :(

Grrr... that stinks. You're right that it's embarrassing. My wife was like, "What the h*ll was that noise, and why does this car shake every time you take off??"

I'll give it some time and hopefully you will be correct that it gets better. I'll just turn the radio up a little I guess. :nono:

heavymetals
03-03-11, 01:03 PM
I have had my Monster in for over a year and it chattered and shook (still does a bit) and it is almost (if not) impossible to "slip".

I have a Katech sitting on the floor waiting to be installed (summer project).

After driving my Z for awhile you get used to how a clutch should feel.

My V doesn't compare.

Also, the Z doesn't leave a spot on the floor where the transmission fluid has been literally "shaken out" of the trans.

lollygagger8
03-03-11, 02:01 PM
Grrr... that stinks. You're right that it's embarrassing. My wife was like, "What the h*ll was that noise, and why does this car shake every time you take off??"

I'll give it some time and hopefully you will be correct that it gets better. I'll just turn the radio up a little I guess. :nono:

Ya it sucks for awhile.....it's like you don't know how to drive a clutch or something. :nono: