: 425 needed

77-79 Cadillac
03-02-11, 04:08 PM
On this wed site at the top of the page, if you go to cadillac parts then to crate engines by size , has any one purchased a long block from them? Are they any good or to good to be true? It sounds like a good deal. John

deVille33
03-03-11, 09:37 AM
You should call the advertized phone # and ask them for prices and shipping. I noticed prices were set in December 2004. Seven years / 100,000 mi. guarantee, is reasonable. You could go a step further and ask about the products they use for rebuild. There are different manufacturers of products with varying stanards of quality. The problem is, you would have to be aware of these manufacturers and have the experience to judge. Where are you located? You didn't fill out your profile.

77-79 Cadillac
03-03-11, 10:32 AM
I updated my profile, I called last year, there price for a long block is 1800 - 1900 and a 400 for a core. If look around on there wed page you can find a updated price list. What I need to know if someone has used them and they are a reputable company. I don't want to give a local machanic $3000- $4000 and not have a guaranty. John

deVille33
03-04-11, 08:22 AM
I know what you mean. A lot of mechanics have experience with building one generic engine (Chevy) (Ford) and assume they are experts. The large journal GM engines are quite another beast and can bite you big time if you aren't aware of some of the particulars of those engines.