: Still Showing Edited by in my Posts But it should not ?

ThumperPup
03-01-11, 09:20 AM
Hey to the Mods or Sal and the Admins

When i post it is still showing Edited by
but as a sporting member shouldn't that go away it was not doing it for a few weeks but just showed up again yesterday

Thanks

thebigjimsho
03-01-11, 09:33 AM
Nope, if someone posts after that post, it will always show. As it will if you edit it for a prolonged period of time after. :sneaky:

ThumperPup
03-01-11, 02:26 PM
yeah but for me it always says it i can edit this and it will say edited by

ThumperPup
03-01-11, 03:13 PM
Blank

JimmyH
03-01-11, 03:21 PM
If you edit within the first few minutes (maybe 5, I don't know) it will not show edited by. After that, it will show edited by. I know it says in supporting member benefits, that you will not see edited by. But I don't think that has ever been the case. I don't see what difference it makes. After about 45 minutes or so, you are unable to edit posts anyway.

ThumperPup
03-01-11, 03:28 PM
Guess the difrance it makes is the fact if you are paying or donating for something and are supposed to get something in return then you get what you pay for right ? other wise its just no point and your just giving money away

ThumperPup
03-01-11, 03:30 PM
If you edit within the first few minutes (maybe 5, I don't know) it will not show edited by. After that, it will show edited by. I know it says in supporting member benefits, that you will not see edited by. But I don't think that has ever been the case. I don't see what difference it makes. After about 45 minutes or so, you are unable to edit posts anyway.

wow if thats the case then something is funky in the coding right now cause
i can go back and edit the first post i made at like 9:45 this morning and that was about 6 hours ago and i can still edit that

RippyPartsDept
03-01-11, 03:57 PM
Supporting members can edit their posts for a longer period of time ... i think jimmyH was referencing the non supporter time frame

Stingroo
03-01-11, 04:03 PM
Okay. Serious. In all honesty, does it matter? Obviously you edit your own posts, so what's the big deal?

And the point of being a supporting member isn't to milk the site for more features, it's to, you know - support it.

:nuffsaid:

JimmyH
03-01-11, 05:43 PM
Okay. Serious. In all honesty, does it matter? Obviously you edit your own posts, so what's the big deal?

And the point of being a supporting member isn't to milk the site for more features, it's to, you know - support it.

:nuffsaid:

Exactly. Well said roo.

As for the time frame, it used to be the same for all members, regardless of whether or not you support. It must have changed. I didn't notice because I have never needed to go back and edit my own posts. Besides, I can edit everyone's posts as far back as I want :D

Submariner409
03-01-11, 05:44 PM
:banghead:..........it feels so good when you stop.

Stingroo
03-01-11, 05:52 PM
Yeah the timeframes have changed. I believe now everyone can edit their own posts for 24 hours.

ThumperPup
03-01-11, 06:50 PM
well also if you guys go back and start reading some of my posts over the past few weeks you will see that the ones that are edited are mostly edited for reasons i go back and go threw them with spell check if i forget to do it before
i think y'all might have noticed over the last few weeks
that it is sometime much easier to read and understand what im writing and all

Stingroo
03-01-11, 07:27 PM
So then what does it matter if it tells us if it's edited or not?

JimmyH
03-01-11, 07:44 PM
Long story short, it is however it is, and that is the way it is going to stay. Sal has a whole list of things more important than whether or not "edited" shows up under your post.

ThumperPup
03-01-11, 09:03 PM
Long story short, it is however it is, and that is the way it is going to stay. Sal has a whole list of things more important than whether or not "edited" shows up under your post.

i know sal's got a lot going on and thats why im not bugging him decided to post it in here

just noticed that it started saying that a few hours before i mentioned it other then that i had not noticed it all month

thebigjimsho
03-03-11, 01:31 PM
i go back and go threw them with spell check

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jne9t8sHpUc

drewsdeville
03-04-11, 12:27 AM
Since every word in the quote has correct spelling (even though the incorrect word is used), I fail to see the irony :P

Like you, Alanis didn't understand irony either. And no, that isn't ironic either, it's merely coincidence.

thebigjimsho
03-04-11, 12:41 PM
Since every word in the quote has correct spelling (even though the incorrect word is used), I fail to see the irony :P

Like you, Alanis didn't understand irony either. And no, that isn't ironic either, it's merely coincidence.
See, you're smarter than I thought. That was a complex, dual level implication and you got it...

JimmyH
03-04-11, 05:00 PM
I didn't. But then, I kind of ignored it.

thebigjimsho
03-06-11, 12:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQUEdm-82NE

RippyPartsDept
03-06-11, 08:05 PM
i just watched that movie (again) the other day...

JimmyH
03-06-11, 09:46 PM
I kinda miss that avatar james.

thebigjimsho
03-06-11, 10:30 PM
If I could get avatards back, maybe I'd bring it back. Call boombotz...