: New member, no Cadillac yet

dhatcher
02-28-11, 11:45 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm Dustin and I decided to join up and see if I can learn more about the Cadillac CTS and CTS-V. My wife and I are going to be purchasing a new car (used but new to us) in the next couple of months. One of the cars I've recently learned about and started lusting after is the CTS-V.

Although, I understand a CTS-V might be a little outside our budget so I'm also considering the CTS. Our budget is going to be $15k - $20k. I've seen some CTS-V's listed on Craigslist between this price range but, I'm not sure if those should be ones to be stayed away from or not.

I'm also looking to learn about what common problems are with the CTS and CTS-V models. Also, what people generally tend to think of the quality of the car as it ages? I see some of them with close to 90k miles listed. Does the interior start to fall apart or anything?

Oh and one last thing, do the CTS-V models have a hill assist feature (similar to manual gearbox Subarus)? I do some frequent driving in San Francisco :)

orconn
02-28-11, 11:52 PM
Welcome to the Forums!

Ranger
03-01-11, 12:46 PM
:welcome:

ThumperPup
03-01-11, 03:47 PM
Welcome Dustin

billc83
03-01-11, 06:20 PM
Greetings and salutations.

You can pick up an '03 - '07 CTS in your price range all day long. Personally, though, I'd shoot for a '08+ - the interior is a vast improvement and it has nicer styling (IMO). Good luck in your search.