: child door lock problem

Allan McIntosh
02-28-11, 10:42 PM
Fooled around one day with the child door lock on the left rear door. I don't think it had ever been used. Seems like something let go and now I can't get it off. I expect I'll have to get a dealer or a body shop type to remove something to fix it. Anyone have a better suggestion?

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-03-11, 01:02 PM
Dear Allan McIntosh,

I completely understand the frustration that you are having from this issue.

I recommend that the best place to seek more information about this situation would be to contact General Motors of Canada Customer Assistance Center. Their toll free telephone number is 1-800-263-3777. Their hours of operation are Monday through Friday 7:30am - 11:30pm EST and Saturda 7:30am - 6:00pm EST.

Sincerely,
Michelle P., Cadillac Customer Service (assisting Jeff Morris)

Rusty058
03-03-11, 06:07 PM
Cadillac Customer Service lurks here? Nice!

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-09-11, 01:31 PM
Ha ha ha. Yes we do. Michelle was helping me take care of the site while I was swamped with work from this and a few other sites. She is my backup for this forum. We've been working on this forum for over a year now. I'm glad to see that our presence is to your liking.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

upstater49
05-10-11, 06:43 PM
Did you get the door working? I had a guy in the back seat today and he couldn't open the door from inside. I assumed the child lock was on...but it wasn't. The position of the knob/switch had no effect. I am calling the dealer tomorrow...I only have a hundred miles left on the warranty!

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-17-11, 01:18 PM
I hope your dealership is able to take care of this for you upstater49. If you do get this resolved please let us know. Thank you.

upstater49
05-23-11, 06:52 PM
Thanks, Jeff.
I took it to the dealer as I was leaving town on a business trip (which I am always having to do) and they had it fixed in 20 minutes while I waited. I have had so much better service at the dealership with the Cadillac than I have had with any vehicle!

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-24-11, 02:14 PM
Glad to hear you got the vehicle repaired and they're taking good care of you as well!