: Got a new remote

_ike_
02-28-11, 05:08 PM
I just received and programmed my new style remote(not smart key) on my '07 DTS. Ordered on Friday from Ebay and it arrived just now and it took less than 30 seconds to program to the car.

In my searces of the forums there were some questions asked regarding this new style remote and the 06-07 cars. From what I can see they just changed the design of the remote, it works just like the original one.

If any of you want to do this I will give the name of the seller via PM as I do not know the rules about endorsing sellers on here.

I am not affiliated with the ebay seller just a buyer.

Lev Blekher
03-09-11, 05:33 AM
Are you talking about the rectangular remote?

HartfordGuy
03-09-11, 09:17 PM
I wonder if the new square remote will work on my 2007 DTS? I don't have the memory seats, but I do have the remote start. Oh Mr. Rippy? What do you think?

Rusty058
03-09-11, 10:19 PM
I wonder if the new square remote will work on my 2007 DTS? I don't have the memory seats, but I do have the remote start. Oh Mr. Rippy? What do you think?
I was wondering the same for my 2006,awaiting Mr Rippy........................

_ike_
03-10-11, 01:29 AM
Yeah, it is the rectangle remote with the crest on the back. I got mine for $25 on ebay, it is NOT the smart key, just a remote. Basically they made the same remote in a nicer looking package. I programmed it using the learn remote function on the dash menu.

HartfordGuy
03-10-11, 06:54 AM
Yeah, it is the rectangle remote with the crest on the back. I got mine for $25 on ebay, it is NOT the smart key, just a remote. Basically they made the same remote in a nicer looking package. I programmed it using the learn remote function on the dash menu.

_ike_ can you pm me the seller info so I can look into it?