: The Hard luck dating thread

Stoneage_Caddy
10-02-04, 03:50 PM
As requested by ralphie here it is :

"The stupid things
guys do to scare women away. :shhh:"

Now this can be taken 2 ways , either intentional scaring away (5 yard penalty 1rst down) , or unintentional schmuckisim (15 yard penalty repeat the down)...

I got tons of these storys so im gonna wait and see what kind of vibe this thread takes on .... :drinker

Ralph
10-02-04, 04:02 PM
Never pick your nose in front of her. :yup:

Never hit on her best friend :helpless:

NEVER and I mean NEVER say "you're as pretty as that girl over there.." :(

Most girls don't like to talk about cars. Maybe it's better to talk about movies, careers, etc?

I made mistakes and I wonder about giving red roses on a first or second date? Maybe white is better. Red might scare them away because they mean committment.

Many friends I know try too hard and end up looking like a fool. You got to be cool I think because nowadays the girls should be able to ask the guy out IMO! Hell, don't think I had a date all through HS! :crying:

Arrg, I gotta see what others say too.

Stoneage_Caddy
10-02-04, 04:12 PM
Most girls don't like to talk about cars. Maybe it's better to talk about movies, careers, etc?

why is this ? ive noted the same problem over the years , bad part is what i want almost as bad as a good relationship is for her to be as much into cars as i am .....

Never eat 3 bean burritos the day of a date , esp when you go out with her and your freinds and your a damn good amature comedian(im braggin again) , for some reason farts become uncontrollable when laughter is present , there timing is always perfect , just when the laugher starts to die off ......
:bonkers:
If she says "I love you" this isnt what you think it means , this is how they say goodnight or goodbye for the day , you have a good shot to get a second date but DO NOT return the "i love you" line , give her a firm hug(not loose nor bear hug). :sneaky:

If she holds a pretty little hand out kiss her hand this is not for a handshake like when you got that set of vortec heads from someone for 50 bucks .if you get this far your in good standing esp when she doesnt want to relese the hand (known in my language as a slow drag out of your hand , very very slow)...I shook a girls hand when i encouterd this phenona for the first time , you should have seen the look (i give a good firm handhake none of that loose crap) :bighead:

Ralph
10-02-04, 04:20 PM
why is this ? ive noted the same problem over the years , bad part is what i want almost as bad as a good relationship is for her to be as much into cars as i am .....

Never eat 3 bean burritos the day of a date , esp when you go out with her and your freinds and your a damn good amature comedian(im braggin again) , for some reason farts become uncontrollable when laughter is present , there timing is always perfect , just when the laugher starts to die off ......
:bonkers:
If she says "I love you" this isnt what you think it means , this is how they say goodnight or goodbye for the day , you have a good shot to get a second date but DO NOT return the "i love you" line , give her a firm hug(not loose nor bear hug). :sneaky:

If she holds a pretty little hand out kiss her hand this is not for a handshake like when you got that set of vortec heads from someone for 50 bucks .if you get this far your in good standing esp when she doesnt want to relese the hand (known in my language as a slow drag out of your hand , very very slow)...I shook a gril hand when i encouterd this phenona for the first time , you should have seen the look (i give a good firm handhake none of that loose crap)

My girlfriend 10 years ago and I loved talking about cars! She knew more than me but alas, she was a Ford girl because of her dad. (that's not why we drifted apart though) It's terrific when you can find one like that. I'm thinking more like on the first date or so they probably don't care about cars. If they love their car, then you know you found something special I think.

You are right about the "I love you" I think it's their way of sometimes saying I've had a great time with you and I don't want it to end, etc. Perhaps that is a mistake for them because it scares a lot of guys and implies instant commitment. (much like red roses)

You mean we're not supposed to just shake hands after the first date. :confused: :crying:

Sandy
10-02-04, 04:31 PM
Never read things into something, and worry about it all. My wife & I have been married now for 21 years. Our first date? HA!
I took her to see a live play. All the way in the car she didn't speak to me. I thought that was odd. During the play...nothing. After the play & we walked to the car (my drop dead georgious 1974 Imperial LeBaron Coupe, triple black), I asked her if she'd like to go for a bite to eat, or coffee. The reply was "NO"! So, I asked if she'd like to just go for a ride & open the sun roof (it was early October), and the answer was, "NO"!! So, finally I asked her if she'd like to stop off at my place, and again the answer was "NO"!! The rest of the way, she didn't speak to me. Finally, driving, I asked her is she'd like me to take her home? **YES** was the answer. I was shocked when we got there and she asked me to come in. I did and she sat me down, and brought me a soda. She sat next to me and explained, that she didn't wanna cry in public, but that her Father was in the hospital, dying, and there was absolutly no hope and he was in a coma. She had wanted to go out with me for a while, and could not bear to turn me down, so she accepted, but could not bear to utter the words, "My Father is dying" ~ I stayed the night with her, and we stayed up all night -- talking. 90 days later I moved in with her and 90 days after that - we were married.
So, give them the benefit of any doubt, if they don't live up to you expectations on the 1st date. You never know what's going on in their life!!
October 18th will be 22 years & still happy and "doin' "it" :p :D :bouncy: :thumbsup: :spin: ;)

Stoneage_Caddy
10-02-04, 04:34 PM
Now thats a damn good story ......Definatly changed my ideas on trying to figure out my date and what shes thinking ....

Perhaps i need to procure a Imperial of 1975 vintage ......triple black you say ?

Ralph
10-02-04, 04:38 PM
Never read things into something, and worry about it all. My wife & I have been married now for 21 years. Our first date? HA!
I took her to see a live play. All the way in the car she didn't speak to me. I thought that was odd. During the play...nothing. After the play & we walked to the car (my drop dead georgious 1975 Imperial LeBaron Coupe, triple black), I asked her if she'd like to go for a bite to eat, or coffee. The reply was "NO"! So, I asked if she'd like to just go for a ride & open the sun roof (it was early October), and the answer was, "NO"!! So, finally I asked her if she'd like to stop off at my place, and again the answer was "NO"!! The rest of the way, she didn't speak to me. Finally, driving, I asked her is she'd like me to take her home? **YES** was the answer. I was shocked when we got there and she asked me to come in. I did and she sat me down, and brought me a soda. She sat next to me and explained, that she didn't wanna cry in public, but that her Father was in the hospital, dying, and there was absolutly no hope and he was in a coma. She had wanted to go out with me for a while, and could not bear to turn me down, so she accepted, but could not bear to utter the words, "My Father is dying" ~ I stayed the night with her, and we stayed up all night -- talking. 90 days later I moved in with her and 90 days after that - we were married.
So, give them the benefit of any doubt, if they don't live up to you expectations on the 1st date. You never know what's going on in their life!!
October 18th will be 22 years & still happy and "doin' "it" :p :D :bouncy: :thumbsup: :spin: ;)

WOW! I was going to say "she sure gave you mixed signals" until I read the whole thing.

Maybe we can convince Kismet (Supafly) to visit this thread and provide some doos and don'ts that guys could watch out for. :thumbsup:

Sandy
10-02-04, 07:46 PM
Now thats a damn good story ......Definatly changed my ideas on trying to figure out my date and what shes thinking ....

Perhaps i need to procure a Imperial of 1975 vintage ......triple black you say ?

http://www.imperialclub.com/Articles/74-75WPC/74b.jpg

RBraczyk
10-02-04, 07:53 PM
THat is a nice car sandy im impressed

Sandy
10-02-04, 09:33 PM
'Ya, I really loved it. Never shoulda sold it! Weak moment & stupidity! The interior was to die for! It was ribbed black velour, trimmed in black leather, and a real rich redwood trim with chrome accents. I bought it on a whim, and sold it on a whim. I don't usually do things like that. It developed a Hmmmmmmmmm in the rear differential and I got "upset" and dumped it.

Ralph
10-02-04, 10:10 PM
'Ya, I really loved it. Never shoulda sold it! Weak moment & stupidity! The interior was to die for! It was ribbed black velour, trimmed in black leather, and a real rich redwood trim with chrome accents. I bought it on a whim, and sold it on a whim. I don't usually do things like that. It developed a Hmmmmmmmmm in the rear differential and I got "upset" and dumped it.

Just think, you could have bought a 1974 SD 455 (last year for them) back then and that would impress the gals. Just think how collectable it would be now?! Now if I could build that time machine and go back to 1970 for a hemi challenger. :yup:

Hmmmm, cars that impress women :hmm:

majax
10-02-04, 10:21 PM
Last girl I dated loved motor bikes, could almost care less about cars. Of course is a woman really likes you she wont care to much talking about what you like.

illumina
10-02-04, 10:30 PM
probably not a good idea to sleep with anyone after the first date. this can lead to problems down the road. i won't even delve into this one.

not a real good idea to take them to see a comedy movie either. you have to wait until the 2nd or maybe even the 3rd date until you know their style of humor. i took a girl to see "lady killers" with tom hanks. the movie consists of a lot of foul words (unbeknownst to me). she didn't like the humor of the movie, and it somehow soured her perception of me!

stoney..you're right; no freakin' beans before any date!

stay away from those "classy sophisticates". bad bad bad :helpless: .

Sandy
10-02-04, 11:11 PM
Best date is a lite bite date at an off hour when the eateries are near empty, so you can talk and get to know one & other. A movie stinks, you sit in the dark do not converse, can see no facial expessions. It's a waste of time. Since you probably don't know her diet restrictions or food likes, keep it plain old American food, like burgers, salads, tuna, pizza, soup, that kinda stuff.
You talk 35% and let her talk 65%, and you'll learn 65% more about her and she'll think you are a great listener. All women like that!! :) (Unless her Father is dying........) What are THOSE chances?? Only me :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Stoneage_Caddy
10-03-04, 12:57 AM
here we go !

i got the best one , in my case just being alive is enough to drive away any female in existance .....go figure i would think i would ever stand a chance of ever haveing any kind of relationship my whole life ......

i got a worse record than the buccaneers or devil rays ....0 for 57...oh wait 58 er no 59

yes ill die a lonely old man , but ill have a damn caddy and a crapload of toys !!!!!!!

my bitterness grows .....

Sandy
10-03-04, 01:31 AM
StoneAge, you gotta be kidding! Sheeech~ :helpless: You are only 23 (so it says). I didn't get married until I was 36 ! Stop living do or die and when the right one presents herself......you'll know. Relax. Spend your spendable $$ on YOU, have fun, don't take it all too seriously. I was hanging out at the single's "processing mills" every night after selling cars. Never met anyone worth my time. One day, when I least expected it, this woman comes in to look at a car. She's in the other bedroom, sleeping now! It happens suddenly, like that, many times.

Night Wolf
10-03-04, 01:34 AM
eh... I have honestly never even been on a real date... *I* am the pathetic one... I liked this girl for 5 years..... 5 years... finally when I opened up to her, she said she didn't feel the same way about me.... that was last year... well, last school year, eariler this year...

this other girl who I liked, I kinda asked out... althogh I asked her firend (who i wasn't interested in) to see if her, and her friend (the one i liked) wanted to hang out later that night (simply becuase i never got a chance to ask her in class)

So I picked them up, and we went to the movies... we saw 50 first dates...

but, the local theater has local advertisments....

... one was for a law firm

the guys first name was Ivan...

So I was like, heh, imagine having the name Ivan...

so (the girl I liked) goes, well, my brothers name is Ivan....

... I said oh (in my head I was saying F***, F***, F***)

Then she said and my sisters name is Ivon...

... (still saying in my head F***, F***, F***) I said, well, I mean Ivan is a cool name

she goes, you don't have to say that....

... ugh... that kinda ruined the night... although we enjoyed the movie... that was the last time I asked her to anything... she is in my grade, we say Hi and stuff, but nothing more... that's ok though....

... when I picked them up though, she wanted to sit in the back (it was winter time, I was driving the Olds) and her friend sat int he passenger seat... ugh... even coming back... so I just chalk it up to a learning experience, and know not to say anything about names anymore...

Stoneage_Caddy
10-03-04, 01:34 AM
Sandy i respect you very much , and from all my experence i know your right (with other people) .....If you knew the whole story you might say diffrently....

sorry if i sound brash with the previous post but i was cast aside for her to go home with a freind of mine , a ........ freind , i feel so bad ..............

Ralph
10-03-04, 01:52 AM
eh... I have honestly never even been on a real date... *I* am the pathetic one...

Don't feel bad, you are very young. I didn't ever really date until after HS! I was too embarrassed to go to the Prom, but I just didn't really care either. I went to the ceremonies though. In University I met a lot of girls but they never amounted to much.

I think a nice walk in the park is a good way to get to know a girl. It's not threatening because there are open spaces where she can run to if she becomes scared :shhh: and sometimes there are free bands playing there too, etc. Ice cream stands, etc.

Ever notice how when you are talking to a girl you don't really care about your speech is fine, but talk to a girl you got a serious crush on and you can't almost put two words together LOL!

bbozsik
10-03-04, 02:32 AM
As soon as you stop looking, that's when she finds you... and that's exactly how it happens, too. A man may think that he was the ever-intrepid pursuer, the guy who wouldn't give up, the man who wouldn't take no for answer... she pulled the strings the whole time, sorry.

I'm 25 and I got hitched almost 8 months ago. To a girl that I met exactly 8 months before that. And while the marriage is still young, well I don't need to get sappy. I don't even play that game with my wife. There are guys who will apologize just to smooth things over and get laid. I'm the guy that will sleep on the couch for a week until SHE admits that she was wrong. When I'm wrong, I admit it... but I sure as hell don't apologize for it unless it was a mistake of mine.

And that's the kind of guy that my wife fell in love with. She didn't see it happening, either. In fact, she had a boyfriend when we first met, and I had just purchased 1800 plane tickets for my pal and me to go to Europe and chase tail in 5 cities. She walks into my restaurant, I say hi... bing bang boom. The rest is history.

I guess what I can offer, is that you not only have to be able to love for this horrible dating curse to disappear, but you have to be comfortable with who you are. There used to be this story I'd tell... When I was younger, after the whole just finished partying and I got 2 hours of sleep, woke up smelling like booze, and with a few minutes to get to work... I'd do the shite, shower, and shave, (and sometimes yak, but that doesn't rhyme) and stroll into work 15 minutes late and looking like I slept in a Waste Management truck outside the place. When asked what happened by some of my female colleagues, I'd just laugh and wouldn't say anything. It was days like that I said, "Damn! I'm glad I'm bbozsik"

That's what too many guys miss. You've gotta look in the mirror in the morning and say, "Damn.. what an ugly mug. But I kick ass!" And you have to mean it. I may not be Brad Pitt, I may not have the brains of Stephen Hawking, but dammit, I rule my small universe, and that's enough to make me smile. That's what attracted my wife to me. It wasn't that I seeked attention, but attention followed me. Her words, not mine.

Trust me, I've lusted after many a fine young slab of venison, and I've gotten denied, slapped, punched, yelled at, cried to, and blown off... just like the rest of us. The key is to keep being yourself. And confidence in who you are. If you're not confident in who you are... then fix it. If it's looks, get one of the buddies to backhand you. Ain't no man supposed to wax his frikkin' eyebrows and apply body spray where bodyspray does not belong. There's a reason why a lot of beautiful women are a bag of neuroses waiting to be untied... I've dated my share. If you think you're ugly. Fine, suck it up and live with it. Somewhere out there is a chick who will think you're hot, even if you've got a face like Snuffelupagus.

There are women that like John Kerry, there are women that like George Bush. If you don't have the looks, rico suave, or money of Kerry, then be like George Bush, dammit. And remember... John Kerrys get the Teresa Heinz of the world, and Bushies get the Laura's.

And don't be metrosexual.

So with this, a picture of my wife and I... and you won't hear me apologizing for it being unflattering. Cameras weren't invented for people to gawk at themselves.

Sandy
10-03-04, 09:08 AM
Sandy i respect you very much , and from all my experence i know your right (with other people) .....If you knew the whole story you might say diffrently....

sorry if i sound brash with the previous post but i was cast aside for her to go home with a freind of mine , a married freind , i feel so bad for his wife .......

Okay, she goes home with a friend of yours, who just happens to be MARRIED. Exactly WHAT did you lose?? She displayed to you her "True Colors". She'd do the SAME to you, if you 2 got married. She did you a big favor. Zebras don't change their stripes. RUN.

Stoneage_Caddy
10-03-04, 10:28 AM
point taken sandy ...esp after a good nights sleep , i feel tons beatter about the deal ....

And really in the end life will take care of those two , has a funny way of doing that....

I wanna hear more of those storys like sandys and bosizks , keep em coming ....

Time for me to get started on that carberator rebuild .....

tru504187211
10-03-04, 10:49 AM
A while back, I was seeing my guy's sister...BUT she decided to go back to the man she had her child with as he just got out of jail. Just stopped at her mom's place the other day and she was there and her mother told me that she told her mother that she regretting going back to him instead of me basically because...One day I show up to their house and I completely layed her flat on her back because of all the improvements that I've made since she last saw me...new, well paying job, graduated college, started business, drives a nice big car, and a new hair style!! Well, at least the guy she is with still doesn't cheat on her, oh wait, well at least he doesn't do/ sell drugs anymore, oh wait, maybe he has some money, ehh nope, well at least he has a job and a car, oh wait...he doesn't.

Stoneage_Caddy
10-03-04, 11:14 AM
from what ive learned over the past 2 months this ex con you talk about is great in bed for her ...from what i have learned out there sex is the baisis for everything , relationships are apprently based completly off it ....i think it only pertains to my generation , something happend 25-30 years ago.....

I see alot of that no job no car no money no nothing crap , they just got something in bed we dont

tru504187211
10-03-04, 11:39 AM
That and one other small reason...

this guy is the only one she's had ever...been with him on and off but mostly on since 14!!

Stoneage_Caddy
10-03-04, 03:50 PM
Also dont go out to clubs with people you work with ,unless its a mechanics type shop , office people are scary ......I miss my wrenches ....

man things are going to be awkward for the next few weeks till i get that county job finalized and move to my new workplace , but im sure glad i put those wheels in motion last monday ...

Gonna be a welcome change while i quit smoking for good and quit drinking anything alcoholic (well maybe a glass of wine every now and then )..At a new job where i know i can make a diffrence in veterans lives .....

D148L0
10-03-04, 03:56 PM
A while back, I was seeing my guy's sister...BUT she decided to go back to the man she had her child with as he just got out of jail. Just stopped at her mom's place the other day and she was there and her mother told me that she told her mother that she regretting going back to him instead of me basically because...One day I show up to their house and I completely layed her flat on her back because of all the improvements that I've made since she last saw me...new, well paying job, graduated college, started business, drives a nice big car, and a new hair style!! Well, at least the guy she is with still doesn't cheat on her, oh wait, well at least he doesn't do/ sell drugs anymore, oh wait, maybe he has some money, ehh nope, well at least he has a job and a car, oh wait...he doesn't.
You just stoleD this one from the Simpsons'... ;)
(sorry for the D mistake, had to edit)

tru504187211
10-03-04, 10:26 PM
and to top of the story....my 'friend' is really my ex-friend...he fell in love and never looked back to his family or friends again...

Ralph
10-03-04, 10:30 PM
he fell in love and never looked back to his family or friends again...

That's bad when that happens. He'll be sorry one day. I don't think any girl is worth trading in your family for.

Ralph
10-04-04, 03:16 PM
From experience, I know a way to get women interested or at least feel "non-threatened" by you. Wear a wedding ring! LOL! Seriously, back in college, I always sat with my buddy in this one class and we'd go early to "check out the action" have a seat and wait for everyone to arrive, etc. Well, girls ALWAYS sat on HIS side and NEVER mine! I didn't have any girlfriend at that time and could not figure it out??!! He even joked about lending me his ring! He basically implied that you are not "on the prowl" when you got that ring on so you are more approachable, etc.

The problem is once you get to know her, how do you explain wearing the ring in the first place?!

Another thing is where do all these women come from when you get engaged??!! Do they have some sort of radar that they sense they can talk to you and not feel threatened as opposed to when you were not involved? :hmm:

D148L0
10-04-04, 03:31 PM
From experience, I know a way to get women interested or at least feel "non-threatened" by you. Wear a wedding ring! LOL!...
Another thing is where do all these women come from when you get engaged??!! Do they have some sort of radar that they sense they can talk to you and not feel threatened as opposed to when you were not involved? :hmm:
Hehe... you know it, huh? I agree. I have a couple of wedding rings, and used to wear one whenever I wanted to get a one night stand. IT WORKS.
I once read (no link/text at hand, sorry) that it probably: a) makes them feel less threatened (as Ralph said), and/or b) awakens their rivalry instincts (Elimidate, anyone?). Let's see what the female members have to say...

Stoneage_Caddy
10-04-04, 09:36 PM
From experience, I know a way to get women interested or at least feel "non-threatened" by you. Wear a wedding ring! LOL! Seriously, back in college, I always sat with my buddy in this one class and we'd go early to "check out the action" have a seat and wait for everyone to arrive, etc. Well, girls ALWAYS sat on HIS side and NEVER mine! I didn't have any girlfriend at that time and could not figure it out??!! He even joked about lending me his ring! He basically implied that you are not "on the prowl" when you got that ring on so you are more approachable, etc.

The problem is once you get to know her, how do you explain wearing the ring in the first place?!

this is why i wont go anywhere with one of my freinds , i got too jelous of him , between the fact hes a tom cruise lookin basturd and that damned ring the girls go over to him and never realize i exist . One time he tried to hook one girl up with me and she looked at me and then said "no way in hell " and insisted on takeing him home with her . I got up with my beer and got right next to her and wispered in her ear "if you dont leave im gonna soak your home wrecking fat arse " she gave me some dirty look and started talking smack i just told her "at least your talking to the type of guy that might think about taking you home after 12 beers"...too bad i was the one that got soaked with a beverage , man she was fast..... :histeric:

Ralph
10-05-04, 01:22 AM
this is why i wont go anywhere with one of my freinds , i got too jelous of him , between the fact hes a tom cruise lookin basturd and that damned ring the girls go over to him and never realize i exist . One time he tried to hook one girl up with me and she looked at me and then said "no way in hell " and insisted on takeing him home with her . I got up with my beer and got right next to her and wispered in her ear "if you dont leave im gonna soak your home wrecking fat arse " she gave me some dirty look and started talking smack i just told her "at least your talking to the type of guy that might think about taking you home after 12 beers"...too bad i was the one that got soaked with a beverage , man she was fast..... :histeric:

LOL! poor Stoney. :histeric: I know what you can do, the next girl you meet say to her "I got engaged a while back, but I'm having doubts about her. I bet a date with you would boost my ego?" (Maybe this would make things worse LOL?) More beer in the face. :yup:

I have a buddy that will never get married. His philosophy is "why buy the cow if you can get the milk for free?" So far it's worked for him! :rolleyes2

Stoneage_Caddy
10-05-04, 09:29 AM
LOL! poor Stoney. :histeric: I know what you can do, the next girl you meet say to her "I got engaged a while back, but I'm having doubts about her. I bet a date with you would boost my ego?" (Maybe this would make things worse LOL?) More beer in the face. :yup:

I have a buddy that will never get married. His philosophy is "why buy the cow if you can get the milk for free?" So far it's worked for him! :rolleyes2

really there is no way things can get worse on this subject , i shall give it a try :histeric:

Ralph
07-09-05, 12:22 AM
"Personally I think women can look hot even in an old beat up pickup truck with rust, or an old Chevy Nova with a door mising, but THEY look to see what WE drive because it might be an indicator of financial status.

I should put this in Stoney's "Hard Luck Dating" thread!"

(There, I keep my promises and had to add it.) :shhh:

Playdrv4me
07-09-05, 01:43 AM
As requested by ralphie here it is :

"The stupid things
guys do to scare women away. :shhh:"

Heh... thats easy...

Be me.

Ralph
07-09-05, 01:46 AM
Heh... thats easy...

Be me.

If you kept your LS430 you might be married by now!!! ;)

JimHare
07-09-05, 08:53 AM
I've been interacting on a physical and emotional level with members of the opposite sex for approximately 34 years now, and I am no closer to understanding them than I was when I was 10. :confused:

(Young) Guys, ya gotta remember this: Women are not just other guys in dresses and frilly undies. They are wired completely differently inside, and things that YOU think are important are trivial to them, and vice versa.

They generally don't get all worked up over cars and automotive discussions, any more that we sit there and compare notes on tampon absorbency. (Same thing kinda goes for computers and guns, with some exceptions..)

They generally don't care for "slaughter all the commies" video games, and would rather you don't play them 25 freakin hours a day.

They generally don't care for the Three Stooges. No matter how classic.

With women, the little things count. You could go to work one day, develop a cure for cancer, feed the world, end the war in Iraq, and invent a free energy device that uses spit as fuel, and when you get home and walk in the door, she says, "You didn't take the trash out this morning. Don't you care anymore?.." :D

The things that impress you, don't impress her. And vice versa. So if you want to impress women, do the things that YOU don't think are such a big deal. Tell her when you're gonna be late. Ask her opinion. All that little dinky stuff. Trust me, the less it means to you, the more it means to them...

And remember - not dating is a hell of a lot less expensive than two divorces.. :histeric:

Ralph
07-09-05, 04:53 PM
I've been interacting on a physical and emotional level with members of the opposite sex for approximately 34 years now, and I am no closer to understanding them than I was when I was 10. :confused:

(Young) Guys, ya gotta remember this: Women are not just other guys in dresses and frilly undies. They are wired completely differently inside, and things that YOU think are important are trivial to them, and vice versa.

They generally don't get all worked up over cars and automotive discussions, any more that we sit there and compare notes on tampon absorbency. (Same thing kinda goes for computers and guns, with some exceptions..)

They generally don't care for "slaughter all the commies" video games, and would rather you don't play them 25 freakin hours a day.

They generally don't care for the Three Stooges. No matter how classic.

With women, the little things count. You could go to work one day, develop a cure for cancer, feed the world, end the war in Iraq, and invent a free energy device that uses spit as fuel, and when you get home and walk in the door, she says, "You didn't take the trash out this morning. Don't you care anymore?.." :D

The things that impress you, don't impress her. And vice versa. So if you want to impress women, do the things that YOU don't think are such a big deal. Tell her when you're gonna be late. Ask her opinion. All that little dinky stuff. Trust me, the less it means to you, the more it means to them...

And remember - not dating is a hell of a lot less expensive than two divorces.. :histeric:

LOL, you sound as though this come from experience. :shhh: :( You pretty much pegged it I think.

Now if I could only find Jeanna from a decade ago........that girl could talk cars for HOURS!!! In fact one time we did at a little coffee shop!!!! :crying:

Stoneage_Caddy
07-09-05, 05:19 PM
and it comes back to life .....

deskjockey
07-20-05, 04:13 PM
Well I gotta pipe up, I think bbobsik is the only one on it.

All the self doubt and tricks are an absolute repellent for the right one. If your just looking for a night of fun, your just giving up to fast. I met my wife while in the reckless abandon mode and I was a phsyco, no doubt. Fightin, partyin', going state to state, cops, drugs, you name it. I'm not saying that's he ticket, I just didn't care what anybody's opinion was, women least of all. And I have to tell you, the girl I am married to is the deal. She gorgeous, funny likes to learn about cars and is one classy lady at the same time. Bbobsik nailed when he said, in a different way than I would choose, but still right on it. You don't grovel and beg, if your wrong say you are if your not, wait it out. LEAD MEN! DO NOT FOLLOW!

I truly believe if you will take your woman on an adventure and not make her the adventure, if you will lead from the fromt and not negate your manhood and emasculate yourself she will either be your completer or she will not.

Find a better one.

addison_ii
07-20-05, 06:51 PM
Women sometimes can be unstable.When in unstable mode: Do the opposite of what they say they want and you will be ok I met this girl while in high school. When I met her I couldn't stand her.She got on my damn nerves. After graduation I didn't see her again until I went to a church service with my cousin. Still didn't like her. She was bossy and stuck up in my opinion. One night my cousin asked me to go a party with him. At first I said no, then later retracted that statement and went anyway. Well guess whose party it was? The same girl mentioned before. Anyway my cuz stayed the night because him and the party girl's roomate got it on and I had to stay as well. Well in the morning as we were leaving I told the girl bye and have a nice day and she looked at me like I smelled like bat sh*t. Needless to say it's 4 years later and my wife and I have been married for 3 years now.
Interesting huh!