: HVAC Question

BlackDeVille
02-27-11, 03:52 PM
I have a 2011 Luxury Edition SRX that I purchased in January. Is anyone else having a problem regulating the heat? Sometimes no matter what I do it only blows cool, not cold air. I've tried various settings in the HVAC menu but nothing seems to work. I also hear a clicking sound coming from under the dash but I don't know if the two are related.

Thanks.

stevec5375
02-27-11, 06:17 PM
A simple SEARCH of the forum reveals: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-second-generation-forum-2010/197109-clicking-noise-heard-cluster-dash.html#post2208418

Smokin' SRX
03-02-11, 12:42 AM
Steve is correct but my explicit response to your query is hidden on page 2 or 3, and seems irrelivant in the thread related to noise, so.............. here it is again, in case you missed it. Thx for finding it Steve.

10-09-10 01:13 PM #19 Smokin' SRX

Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
Cadillac(s) I Drive: Plat Ice 2010 Perf 3.0,AWD, 2011 GMC YukonDenali, had 04 SRX

Join Date Oct 2004
Location NY suburbs
Posts 768 Re: "Clicking Noise" Heard In Cluster & Dash?

[I]Pls recall that this sled has a great feature called "Auto-Defog" and if the climate control sensor detects high humidity, even with your AC turned Off, the AC engages to prevent fogging of windows. Air cools down! I bet the noisy actuators are also engaged and that's why you hear w/ AC Off................

You can inhibit the Auto Defog function by pressing Config, Climate Air Quality menu. Just un-check it! Some have recently complained their air vents start to blow Cold, even though the AC is Off. Now you know why........

SS

stevec5375
03-02-11, 07:56 AM
Smokin' old buddy, I hate to tell you this, but there is a bulletin for this that requires a reprogramming of the actuators in the thread I cited. Did you miss that?