: What is this box under my seat?

jimmydean
02-27-11, 02:23 PM
This is the passenger seat. I know the top one is for ABS, the lower right looks like part of the heat/cool. But what is the box on the lower left with 3 harnesses plugged into it?

[

The seats are out of a 2007 DTS with heat/cool/lumbar/message. I am trying to retain the seat and lumbar controls, but I am not using the heat/cool/message or ABS, nor will I be using memory. I was told these seat didn't have memory.

If anyone has a good wiring diagram they can point me to or share, that would be great.

jimmydean
02-28-11, 12:49 PM
Does anyone know where I can find a parts fiche or something that shows what each thing is? I tried looking up the part number, but that didn't seem to help.

ltdltc
02-28-11, 03:47 PM
Try here (www.gmpartsgiant.com) and take a look at the parts diagrams.

jimmydean
02-28-11, 03:57 PM
Awesome, thanks. I was trying to find a parts view like that. According to that picture, it looks like it is the control module for the heat/cool for both sides. I haven't flipped the driver seat over yet (too busy fitting it in my truck). Thanks for the help, now to chase down these wires.

ltdltc
02-28-11, 04:06 PM
The wires for the motor? Here's a wiring diagram from a 2006 for the drivers seat ...

http://i.imgur.com/p7mPd.jpg

If it has heated and cooled seats it more then likely has memory but that functionality is probably stored at the BCM or something else.

Good luck.

jimmydean
02-28-11, 04:19 PM
So it looks like I need the Tan/Yellow for power to switches, RD/PK (red/pink?) for power, Gray/Black for lumbar power. The rest I will sort out when I get home and look at the seat. Would be great to get these wired up tonight.

jimmydean
03-07-11, 06:55 PM
OK, so it looks like the drivers seat gets power to the memory module under the seat to power the switches and motors. But where does the passenger seat get it's power from? Anyone have the passenger seat wiring diagram for the position controls? Thanks.