: Pre-93 vs. Late Fleetwood advice needed

Broughamadrosis
10-02-04, 03:15 PM
Hi Guys,
My trusty 92 Brougham has reached that point where the cost of repairs/refurbishment will far exceed it's value... time for a new (to me) Caddy.
I'm really in love with the old-school looks/styling of my Brougham, and am looking for a low(er) mileage, non-rusty replacement. But at the same time I "lust-for-the-thrust" of the LT1.
My 92 has the tilt-tele wheel and the all-way power adj seat with power recline. I don't know whether I fit the seat or the seat fits me - but due to the adjustability, the fit is akin to a baby being cradled in his mothers arms... I have never been as comfy in any other car. Part of this is the telescopic wheel - it plops right into my lap. I'm 6'3" and the seat is ALL the way back.
I have never even sat in a 94-96 Fleetwood - and from what I gather, the tele wheel is not available in that model. And I am also not clear if power recline is fitted - either standard or as an option.
So my question to those of you who have owned/driven both is this:
Will a guy who has sat in the same seat for over 200K mi. be happy in the newer model?

brougham
10-02-04, 03:42 PM
I like the 1991-92s better then the newer ones. I'd get another one and keep the one you have now for parts if you can't sell it for a good price or keep using it :)

I think the seats recline in the newer ones too.

Adam
10-02-04, 04:09 PM
yeah it has power recline seats. if im not mistaken the 93-96 has more interior room. im not sure what a tele wheel is though :hmm: someone care to fill me in?

Broughamadrosis
10-02-04, 04:31 PM
im not sure what a tele wheel is though, someone care to fill me in?

Telescopic steering column - steering wheel is adjustable in-and-out (fore-and-aft) as well as up-and-down.

I assume this feature disappeared due to the airbag...

Adam
10-02-04, 04:40 PM
ooohhhh. okay. yeah, guess it did. i have a 93 and i love it. my friend has a 91 and he wants to trade me for my 93 but i love the 93-96 models. if i were you, id get whatever you like the most and feel more comfortable with. oh wait, youve never been in a 93-96 model, test them out and see which you like better.

JAKE91
10-05-04, 02:18 PM
ooohhhh. okay. yeah, guess it did. i have a 93 and i love it. my friend has a 91 and he wants to trade me for my 93 but i love the 93-96 models. if i were you, id get whatever you like the most and feel more comfortable with. oh wait, youve never been in a 93-96 model, test them out and see which you like better.

93, I FINALLY GOT MY "CHANGE OIL" LIGHT TO GO OUT. :bouncy:
AFTER PLACING THE IGNITION TO "ON", I PRESSED THE GAS PEDDLE 3 TIMES IN SUCCESSION (within 5 seconds). I PRESSED DOWN HARDER THAN I TRIED THE FIRST TIME, AND THIS TIME IT WENT OUT.
TRY IT, AND LET ME KNOW HOW YOU MADE OUT. :rolleyes2

FASSTWOOD
10-05-04, 07:33 PM
I guess the fisrt step is to find one to test drive even if its not exactly what your looking for. Thats the only way your gonna know for sure what you want to do. Check your local paper or look around at a few dealers I'm sure you'll find one locally to check out. Where do you live maybe you can get together with another forum member, I would glad to show you my car I'm sure you might someone else that would also. Good luck...