: Extended warranties

alarmu12
02-26-11, 07:54 PM
Something to keep in mind about the GMPP extended warranties is that it must be purchased before two months before the existing warranty expires or 2,000 miles before the 50,000 miles.
I have read on previous postings about all different prices for the same GMPP warranty, but I have not found that. They go by today's date, the mileage on your car, the year of your car and how many months you want to extend it and what deductible you want and how many miles you want. The most months I could get was 48.
If you do not get it in time, you are in the danger zone and taking your life in your hands.

alarmu12
03-11-11, 05:25 PM
I finally bought gmpp 48 months 40,000 miles for $3200,which was $700 lower than the other quotes. You can also have it taken out of your visa for either 12 or 18 months at 0% interest. You can only get 24 months if you buy it when the car is new.

NightshiftHD
05-20-11, 01:06 AM
Something to keep in mind about the GMPP extended warranties is that it must be purchased before two months before the existing warranty expires or 2,000 miles before the 50,000 miles.
I have read on previous postings about all different prices for the same GMPP warranty, but I have not found that. They go by today's date, the mileage on your car, the year of your car and how many months you want to extend it and what deductible you want and how many miles you want. The most months I could get was 48.
If you do not get it in time, you are in the danger zone and taking your life in your hands.
Thanks for posting. I did not know this! I've been thinking about getting a GMPP extended warranty for my 08 V if they don't come out with a new one next year ... which they probably won't. My in-service date was very late (Aug 1/08) so my time will run out first next year on Jul 31/12 ... which was the date in my head to get the extension done. I'm very happy you mentioned this so I can put my reminder up prior to May 2012. Cheers, Bill

alarmu12
05-22-11, 07:02 PM
I missed something when I bought my extended warranty. The loaner car price they gave me was $35 per day and $175 total per repair. The car I get cost $47 per day and my car has been in there for weeks at a time. This could add up.