: Deer Totaled My Cadillac

Slick Black Cadillac
10-02-04, 02:47 PM
Well, it may be over. This is my second Cadillac to succumb to the forces of nature. Once again our white-tailed friends have found themselves in a suicide path with my car. Last estimate I recieved was over 6k minus a engine knock. As it sits now I would be very happy to meet Mother Nature in an alley after a hard night of drinking this one off.

Ralph
10-02-04, 02:57 PM
Sorry to hear it! At least you're ok right? Have you ever considered those "deer whistles" on your car? Who knows if they even work, but I have a neighbour that swears by them on his cars, and the trick is to mount them somewhere so they don't look stupid.

What details can you give us, for example, how fast were you going, did the deer go over the hood, was the car still driveable?

Mother nature is a mad scientist. :suspense:

majax
10-02-04, 03:56 PM
That really stinks you must of really nailed the thing just right. My Uncle hit one last year just took out the hood, fender and light. I think it all ran about $1,000 on his brand new Park Avenue.

Vesicant
10-02-04, 04:10 PM
What is it with animals and Cadillacs?!

ShadowLvr's was first , now this... both totalled :want:

Stoneage_Caddy
10-02-04, 04:26 PM
ive had waaay to many close calls at dusk and after dark with dear this year , seen 12 total and damn near got 3 , one of which im am positive was a disgrtuntled twin sister to bambi ..didnt think florida had this many ...

perhaps your next deville should have night vision ?

Deer wistles have been proven worthless by sevreal colleges across the US .....And as fast as these things move there is nothing one can really do ....

You all havent lived till youve had run in with moose , i remeber watching in horror as a girl in a miata hit one at 70 mph , she died instanly ......the moose walked away (well limped away).....

illumina
10-03-04, 12:11 AM
you see, this is why i like inner-city living: no big animals to get in the way.

BTW, sorry to hear about your car man.

RBraczyk
10-03-04, 02:19 AM
PIcs of the carnage? Sry had to ask.

tru504187211
10-03-04, 11:44 AM
Damn Wisconsin. Yea, it's been a while since I've seen a deer right here in the city...is a move in the works, possibly? Sorry to hear about it.

68CoupeDeVille
10-04-04, 10:31 AM
$6K in damage?!? Are you sure you hit a white-tail and not a buffalo??

RBraczyk
10-04-04, 11:38 AM
6k adds up fast, the apprasial on my car was over 7k.

Rolex
10-04-04, 11:22 PM
I feel your pain man! I hit 5 deer the during the last two years of undergraduate school (which put me on a first-name basis with my insurance man). I had four of those silly deer whistles on the front of my truck and they never helped. Sorry to hear you ride got roughed up. :want:

SupaFly
10-05-04, 10:35 AM
I've hit two of them. One was with a rented car. After getting scared I became so angry that I would've probably hit it again. Another time I ran one over; it was sitting on the Thruway.

Mind you, I live in Brooklyn. Here we don't have animals running in front of us, but people probably looking for another source of income.

juiceE
10-05-04, 01:43 PM
you see, this is why i like inner-city living: no big animals to get in the way.

lol, u sure bout that :suspense: