: I just need your opinion, so I know if I'm crazy or not.

Ive's V
02-26-11, 03:50 PM
Hello guys. Just give me your opinion on the way your V rides compared to my description. My 04, has 26000 miles. As soon as I bought it at 10000 miles, the runflats were toast. I replaced them with non runflat Eagle F1s. The tire balancer that I had access to left the car with a little balance vibration. I calibrated the equipment and the car was a ton better, but not perfect. I just used the balancer at another facility and found 3 of the wheels out of balance by a little. Now I do not have any true tire vibration, but I feel the road through the car. Not a shake, just the quality of the road surface. I don't know if this should be better or if this is normal. Here are my two factors that could be making this a little more noticable. I have the inserts in my rear cradle that naturally will take some of the cushion away and I'm running my tires at about 37 psi, so I can get that handling advantage that the runflats gave me along with my Hotchkiss sway bars. The car just seems to be sensitive to the road surface, it is a thousand times better since I balanced the tires a few days ago. I just want to know if your cars are glass of water smooth or if you feel the road as I do. Thanks, as always for your throughts.

Ivan

D3l7a3ch0
02-26-11, 06:52 PM
i'd say it's normal for having your tires at 37 psi cold. what do they get to hot? my tires will go from 28 psi to 38 psi in ten minutes, i'd imagine starting at 37 would give you a rough ride.

PISNUOFF
02-26-11, 07:12 PM
That is a very accurate description of the ride, especially with the cradle bushing inserts and sway bars.

Ive's V
02-26-11, 08:08 PM
Thank you, the tires are set at 34 psi or so cold, so when they get hot, they expand to 39 psi. If I go too much higher cold, they hit 42 psi hot and set off my tire pressure warning message

Ive's V
02-26-11, 08:10 PM
Thank you for helping. I have the tires set at 34 psi cold, so they expand to 39 psi hot. I try to keep them less than 40 psi, since the warning message comes on at 42 psi (sorry for the repeat post the system bugged out when I tried to respond)

Stepside
02-26-11, 11:59 PM
:hmm: Hmmm, I've hit 44psi & no alarm. :shhh:

Now, I wonder how soft the ride would be with 245/50/18 tires on. :bouncy:

Considerably more sidewall would translate to a softer ride. :lawl:

:vulcan: