: blown headgasket

Lon
08-10-03, 07:12 PM
I'm looking for help on repairs needed for a '97 SLS with a Northstar?
Hubacher Cadillac repaired a leaky radiator and sent me back out with a broken nipple on the overflow jug. Now it has a blown headgasket!

elwesso
08-10-03, 09:31 PM
Talk to the service manager.... If they dont offer to fix the car for free, or at least a very discounted price, then talk to the regional manager...... Someone will help you......

Was the broken nipple the cause of the head gasket failure???

Also, welcome to the forums.... Thanks for signingn up :wave:

Lon
08-11-03, 01:49 PM
Talk to the service manager.... If they dont offer to fix the car for free, or at least a very discounted price, then talk to the regional manager...... Someone will help you......

Was the broken nipple the cause of the head gasket failure???

Also, welcome to the forums.... Thanks for signingn up :wave:

Wave:
Thanks for the reply. I originally took the car in for a leaky radiator. They fixed the radiator and called to tell me the water pump was leaking too. I authorized its repair. Then, after driving the car for a couple days it showed low fluid and overheated again. This time they discoved a broken nipple on the reserve bottle?? The only thing I can figure is that they broke it when it was in the shop. It would be awfully coincidental if it just cracked two days after being in the shop! I would say the broken reserve bottle (allowing it to overheat again) caused the head gasket problem! Hubacher Cadillac in Sacramento is not assuming any responsibility at all for it. Do you know if they take the radiator out toward the front of the car...or tilt it back toward the engine to remove it?
Thanks for the help.

elwesso
08-11-03, 05:11 PM
Talk to the regional managers...... I bet it is something the dealer caused..... its all too conicidental...... I bet its a tech just going too fast because of pressure to get done as much as possible.........

AirJigga25
08-11-03, 05:52 PM
I'm looking for help on repairs needed for a '97 SLS with a Northstar?
Hubacher Cadillac repaired a leaky radiator and sent me back out with a broken nipple on the overflow jug. Now it has a blown headgasket!

that really sucks. I hope they pay for the repair for you but it won't be easy.