: Direct Buy warranty

prospec636
02-26-11, 12:39 PM
Has anyone ever heard of/or used Direct Buy warranty? Tough to find info online because every warranty company gets bashed. I just picked up a Platinum Elite policy, 4yr, 100,000 miles, 0 deductable, that covers everything except normal wear and tear items/maintenence/cosmetic/exhaust systems for 2769. I am aware of what the BBB says and I take that with a grain of salt. Looking for actual experiences. 2005 CTS-V w/ 50261 miles. Open to recommendations.

D3l7a3ch0
02-26-11, 12:54 PM
worth it in the event of a catastrophic event, but is the likelihood of one worth spending the extra 2-3G's? I think no.

my used car dealership asked me if I wanted one, and this is exact quotes,"no thanks, I used to be a mechanic, and it's a GM--I'm not afraid of it." salesman,"ok, that's cool. if anything comes up just come back and we can backdate a policy for you--just pay in cash."

prospec636
03-17-11, 03:52 PM
So as a followup to this Direct Buy warranty, I decided against it due to much of the negative info on the internet and a gut feeling. As per policy, you get a full refund if canceled within 30 days. So I agreed on the 24th of Feb - cancelled on the 3rd of March - again by policy - filling out the form and faxing it to them, and well within the 30 day timeframe. Here it is, the 17th of March and I still have yet to see my deposit of 275.00. I have followed their procedure and have been told things like it will be there in 2 to 3 days, then I was told that their "gateway" was down and they could not process it. Then i was told another 2-3 days....you see the pattern. Today I was told it was processed on the 14th and that I would see it in 3 to 5 days....These people appear to be scamming and it looks as though my instinct was correct. Do not deal with this "company" - you may come to regret it.

Andringa
03-18-11, 12:31 PM
Sounds like this company would have been an absolute pain in the ass to deal with if you actually needed to use the warranty. I think that putting the $2769 in an interest bearing account and just sitting on the money until you need to fix something will put you farther ahead in the long run.

The hardest part about setting the money aside is having it there and not spending it.