: Is the thermostat extension tube a dealer only part?

catera00
02-26-11, 12:44 AM
While changing my thermostat I broke the bracket on the extension tube that holds it to the block. I foolishly used a pry bar on it to separate it from the old thermostat. Derp! :banghead::banghead: Anywho, I assume the bracket it there to keep the pressure from popping the tube off the thermostat right? So i better not try and drive it this way. What Im wondering is if anyone has a clue how many hundreds its gonna cost me to get one from the dealer. Too late at night to call right now. I didnt see any on ebay or google. I dont suppose anyone has an extra sittin around for a 2000 they wanna sell?

AHazzardToAll
02-26-11, 02:10 AM
Anywho, I assume the bracket it there to keep the pressure from popping the tube off the thermostat right? So i better not try and drive it this way. What Im wondering is if anyone has a clue how many hundreds its gonna cost me to get one from the dealer.

Correct. I think it was something around 90-120 when I got mine.

ThatCoolDude
02-26-11, 03:27 AM
While changing my thermostat I broke the bracket on the extension tube that holds it to the block. I foolishly used a pry bar on it to separate it from the old thermostat. Derp! :banghead::banghead: Anywho, I assume the bracket it there to keep the pressure from popping the tube off the thermostat right? So i better not try and drive it this way. What Im wondering is if anyone has a clue how many hundreds its gonna cost me to get one from the dealer. Too late at night to call right now. I didnt see any on ebay or google. I dont suppose anyone has an extra sittin around for a 2000 they wanna sell?

Just recently bought that part, don't even sweat it. It was only like $68 bucks, I was walking in to the dealership ready to pay big money for that thing, but to my surprise it was cheap. Its called a water inlet or outlet pipe. :thumbsup:

catera00
02-26-11, 03:16 PM
Just recently bought that part, don't even sweat it. It was only like $68 bucks, I was walking in to the dealership ready to pay big money for that thing, but to my surprise it was cheap. Its called a water inlet or outlet pipe. :thumbsup:
Oh thats much better than I thought it would be. A pricey mistake but not the end of the world. Thanks for the info!

hgqguy
02-26-11, 03:18 PM
try gmpartdirect.com or its a online listing very similar.. they have the parts usually 25% lower than the dealer. the dealer wanted $70 plus for my air intake hose for throttle body, and i think I paid like $56 on the website.

take a minute and do a google search.. u can save yourself some money.

RippyPartsDept
02-26-11, 03:21 PM
http://www.compnine.com/largeimg/051026OV01-002.gif
(#48)
GM# 90411629 $67.86 (list price)

i can sell to you guys for $43 + a bit of shipping

... it's in stock too! (and comes with the two orings #47)

catera00
02-26-11, 03:41 PM
(#48)
GM# 90411629 $67.86 (list price)

i can sell to you guys for $43 + a bit of shipping

... it's in stock too! (and comes with the two orings #47)

Thanks Chris! I sent you a PM

retho78
02-26-11, 04:46 PM
http://www.gmpartsgiant.com/parts/gm-pipe-90411629.html

or

http://www.gmpartscenter.net/index.php?i=2&type=parts&partnum=accept

imprezave
04-07-11, 07:22 PM
I just broke mine using the napa thermostat and housing. Had a guy weld it for $20. I guess cast parts don't usually weld very good but he was very happy with it.