: Jibber Jabber about CTS

USSBlackPearlUSMC
02-25-11, 05:35 PM
Wrong forum, I know, but Im not a CTS guy and dont want them to get all jumpy in their pants BUT

after careful thought I figured something out...

The CTS Coupe is well, worded incorrectly.

It should be CTC....

Devile Touring Sedan, Seville Touring Sedan, Eldorado Touring Coupe, and um,
C....what was the C for again?

c5 rv
02-25-11, 07:13 PM
You are correct. GM said that the "C" was their designation for the body size. However, embossed on the back side of my original CTS grille, lies the real answer: Cough, Catera, Cough.

RicktheRealtor
02-25-11, 10:25 PM
That's funny!

USSBlackPearlUSMC
02-26-11, 02:30 AM
Catera! Thank you! It was on the tip of my tongue and just couldnt remember

c5 rv
02-26-11, 06:50 AM
I was happy with the letters and names for the DeVille Touring Sedan, DeVille High (luxury) Sedan, Seville Touring Sedan, Seville Luxury Sedan, and Eldorado Touring Coupe. But when the Catera earned such a bad reputation, GM threw away the baby with the bath water and changed everything to letters only starting with the CTS. Then they sealed their letters-only fate with SRX and XTS.

BlackRavenDTS
02-26-11, 10:10 AM
Wrong forum, I know, but Im not a CTS guy and dont want them to get all jumpy in their pants BUT

after careful thought I figured something out...

The CTS Coupe is well, worded incorrectly.

It should be CTC....

Devile Touring Sedan, Seville Touring Sedan, Eldorado Touring Coupe, and um,
C....what was the C for again?

YES YES YES!!!!! I SAID THE SAME THING TO MY FATHER!!!! CTC makes more sense.

OffThaHorseCEO
02-26-11, 05:19 PM
it does make more sense but i think GM bet on the popularity of the CTS name to sell the Coupe.

If they just said "Announcing the new Cadillac CTC!!!", some might think it was an entirely new line, versus a coupe version of the well known CTS.

Its still WRONG but i assume thats the logic

RippyPartsDept
02-26-11, 05:38 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/47236-what-does-cts-stand.html#post395740

technically it is now

C-series Touring sedan

Others:
STS---S-series Touring Sedan
XLR---X-series Luxury Roadster
SRX---S-Series Reconfigurable Xrossover--yes crossover starts with a c, but isnt x just cooler
DTS---D-Series Touring Sedan
DHS---D-series High Luxury Sedan

the escalade does not really follow.

Now what it was originally was catera touring sedan, no matter what anyone says, mainly because some of the parts on '03's were stamped Catera....as i recall the underside of the front bumper has catera on it