: Need Help with grounding points

ItsJasonThomas
02-24-11, 02:02 PM
just did my 418 swap w a friend and last thing to do is find where some of the grounding points go. hes not here to help so hopefully someone else can. I need to know where the ground off the negative battery cable goes, and if the others just goto the back of the heads or not? Its an 07

CancerJCC
02-24-11, 03:59 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/150519-damn-high-oil-temp-alarms-here-11.html

Check out that thread. I posted a bunch of pictures in there of where my 04' grounds but I'm sure yours is the same. The (-) terminal itself is once on the hood prop and once on the passenger side head (side facing fender and not rear of head). G/L

ItsJasonThomas
02-25-11, 01:03 AM
Yeah, once i noticed the chassis was already grounded i slapped the other on the head, got it started and damn does she sound nice, thanks for the help.

CancerJCC
02-25-11, 01:50 PM
Yeah, once i noticed the chassis was already grounded i slapped the other on the head, got it started and damn does she sound nice, thanks for the help.

N/P post up a thread with some pics etc! This site gets boring with all the same old noob questions, LS3 swaps peek my interest!

Kfix74
04-22-14, 02:52 PM
Hey I'm new to a cadillac I have a 2004 cts-v everything was fine and I was driving And all sudden my abs, traction control light and on my display screen it said service steering system and then battery saver mode kicked on and this was out of no where can anybody please help ?? Thank y'all I appreciate it ..

darkman
04-22-14, 03:58 PM
See attached. Assuming this issue is not a by product of a bad battery as discussed your other thread, this issue can be caused by one of several sensors, including the wheel position sensor or any one of four wheel speed sensors. I would check the power steering fluid level, but I doubt that is the problem. Throwing parts at the problem could be an expensive and not necessarily successful proposition. I would take it to a shop.