: New Member Here

Fleet
10-02-04, 12:49 AM
Hello,

A post to introduce myself.

I've been a Cadillac fan since the mid-'70s (maybe even before). My family has had quite a few Cadillacs over the years- '54 Coupe de Ville (black), '60 Coupe de Ville (light blue), two '69 Coupe de Villes (white & brown) and '70 Coupe de Ville (brown).

Currently, I own four Cadillacs...
- '76 Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, black w/white vinyl top and black interior (leather in front and crushed velour in rear), 92,000 miles. Mine is #246 of 834 built.
- '69 Fleetwood Brougham, triple black, leather interior, 89,000 miles.
- '70 Sedan de Ville, beige, 89,000 miles.
- '71 Fleetwood Brougham, black w/green vinyl roof and interior.

My dad drives a '76 Cadillac Seville, white w/black vinyl roof and interior, about 125,000 miles.

My most recent Cadillac purchase is the '69 FB. Perhaps some of you saw it on ebay about two weeks ago. I am really enjoying this car. The '69/'70 Fleetwood Broughams are probably my all-time favorite Cadillacs (along with the '68-'76 Limousines).

Here are some photos of my '76 Limo and '69 Fleetwood Brougham:

CADDYBLACK99
10-02-04, 03:50 PM
Welcome Fleet!

You have a very nice collection of vintage caddy's. The limo is very nice but the 69' fleetwood is one of my all time favorites. Thanks for the pictures.
:welcome:
Paul

Fleet
10-02-04, 05:20 PM
Thank you, Paul.

I would agree. I like the '69 Fleetwood Brougham as much as my limo.

Here are some pics of my '70 Sedan de Ville...

Adam
10-02-04, 05:34 PM
my God!!! man those are nice! :worship: they look well taken care of, too. alright, how much you want for em? j/k (unless you'd sell them, i mean you got enough). anyway welcome to the forum and all that good stuff. :welcome: by the way, where did you get those floor mats in the last picture?

Fleet
10-02-04, 07:40 PM
Thanks, 93fleetwood!

Sorry, those Cadillacs are not for sale!

I was looking at the different areas/threads of this message board, and there is a lot of variety. Fun to read.

Regarding the floor mats in the '70, the former owner put those in. I believe he bought them at a swap meet. Since I plan to see him again (to show him the '69 FB), I'll ask him again and make sure.

Adam
10-02-04, 08:54 PM
hey you ought to check out my ride. go under the RWD Fleetwood/ 19xx-1985 Deville thread and go down to the thread that says Finally got pics of my Fleetwood. Jefferyg posted the pics for me. let me know what you think. youll have to go scroll down some though. its been a day or two since anyones seen it.

Fleet
10-03-04, 12:30 AM
Okay, I'll check it out!

bbozsik
10-03-04, 03:56 AM
My grandfather had a Fleetwood like that when I was a kid... my brother and I used to open the back doors and play "superman" and jump and slide across the seat from one side to the other... until the dummy fell out and cracked his head open on a rock. Always ruining stuff for me... punk. :rant2:

bbozsik
10-03-04, 03:58 AM
My grandfather had a Fleetwood like that when I was a kid... my brother and I used to open the back doors and play "superman" and jump and slide across the seat from one side to the other... until the dummy fell out and cracked his head open on a rock. Always ruining stuff for me... punk. :rant2:

:annoyed:

bbozsik
10-03-04, 03:59 AM
love god.

Night Wolf
10-03-04, 10:38 AM
we (well, my grand fathers bussiness) has a 1971 Fleetwood limo, and a '79 Continental custom limo...used to be used for weddings, now just sit in the garage...

the Caddy hasn't been used in years, last time it was start was probably 6 years ago...

BeelzeBob
10-03-04, 05:27 PM
Damn! What a collection! Post some pictures in our image section when you get some time. Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up!

Fleet
10-03-04, 11:15 PM
Damn! What a collection! Post some pictures in our image section when you get some time. Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up!

Hi Sal,

Glad you like the photos. I'll do that... post more pics in the image section.

majax
10-10-04, 05:18 AM
:worship: nice cars!

:welcome: to the site, so what do you driver reguraly?

Fleet
10-12-04, 11:08 PM
Thanks, majax!

The '76 Limo is the one I drive the most. The '69 Fleetwood Brougham is the Cadillac in the best condition and I want to keep the mileage down. But it still is driven at least 3 times/week. The '70 Sedan de Ville is driven only once every one or two weeks. I bought this car, then only 2 months later, found the '69 Fleetwood which is the Cadillac I was really shopping for. So the '70 is kind of like a "spare" Cadillac!

BeelzeBob
10-13-04, 02:23 AM
My Grandfather had cars like those when I was about ONE! I wish I was a Cadillac enthusiast back then...

GritMaster
10-13-04, 04:29 AM
Damn... Those are some really nicely taken care of cars :)
Wouldn't mind the 69 heh :P

Fleet
10-13-04, 07:41 PM
Damn... Those are some really nicely taken care of cars :)
Wouldn't mind the 69 heh :P

Hey, I've only owned the '69 for less than one month! After looking for just the right one for many months (even years).

Yes, they are in good condition. I change the oil myself and I'm always washing them!

Fleet
12-14-04, 02:34 AM
An update!

My '76 limo, which used to be black with a white vinyl roof is now triple black! (I had the roof dyed.)
Here it is parked behind my triple black '69 Fleetwood Brougham.
I think they look very elegant together.

CADDYBLACK99
12-14-04, 09:35 AM
Wrap them up....I'll take'em!

Very very nice!

Fleet
12-15-04, 01:27 AM
Wrap them up....I'll take'em!

Very very nice!

Well, going by your username, I kind of figured you would like that photo!
Why can't they make them like this anymore?

Sandy
12-15-04, 10:42 AM
Welcome, Fleet!
I have a Sixty Special, and my interests revolve around them. Do you, or have you ever owned one of the older ones from the 70s or 60's ??

kmhebert
12-15-04, 11:09 AM
Those Cadillacs are awesome! It's amazing they are in that good condition after all these years, it must be a blast driving them around.

Fleet
12-16-04, 01:15 AM
Welcome, Fleet!
I have a Sixty Special, and my interests revolve around them. Do you, or have you ever owned one of the older ones from the 70s or 60's ??

Hi Sandy,

The oldest Cadillac I've owned is my current 1969.
However, my parents once owned a '60 Coupe de Ville (light blue) and a '54 Coupe de Ville (black). I remember the '60, but I was not alive when my dad had the '54.

Fleet
12-16-04, 01:18 AM
Those Cadillacs are awesome! It's amazing they are in that good condition after all these years, it must be a blast driving them around.

Overall, they are in good condition, but they are not pefect. The limo has some spider-web cracks on the paint (it's the original paint) and the '69 Fleetwood has a few minor scratches on the paint. But I'm not complaining- just owning them is great!
And they do both run very well, which is probably the most important thing.

Yes, they are fun to drive around. The limo with its sheer size and super-smooth ride and the '69 FB with its more-than-ample power. It's hard not to use the power of the '69 several times when driving it!