: I have some great news! :)

BlackRavenDTS
02-23-11, 11:07 PM
On March the 7th My DTS is going in to the Doctors to have the front heated seats fixed and Flickering HID lights fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

A close friend of my father is going to work on this and not over charge me for the job. :P

Lev Blekher
02-24-11, 12:56 AM
Good luck and a speedy recovery. Many miles of Cadillac cruisin' to you!

madusk
03-01-11, 09:50 AM
Good luck with the heated seat repair. My 06 DTS heated/cooled seats stopped working. Took it to a dealer and they told me the module is burnt out. They removed it and showed me the burnt contacts. A new module at the dealer is $907 plus tax and installation. I found a new one in the internet for $320. If your problem is the module, don't buy it from the dealer. Contact the folks at 877-498-7278. Give then the VIN and they will tell you if they have the part.

Superjim
03-01-11, 10:20 AM
On March the 7th My DTS is going in to the Doctors to have the front heated seats fixed and Flickering HID lights fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

A close friend of my father is going to work on this and not over charge me for the job. :P

Do both of your HID's flicker or just one of them.
Dealer installed a new BALLAST on one of mine that was flickering.
So far ... so good.
If you need the part number for the ballast .. it is...10391611
It can be replaced "WITHOUT" removing the front bumper.
It is on the BOTTOM of the headlight assembly.

Texas Jim

BlackRavenDTS
03-01-11, 09:45 PM
Good luck with the heated seat repair. My 06 DTS heated/cooled seats stopped working. Took it to a dealer and they told me the module is burnt out. They removed it and showed me the burnt contacts. A new module at the dealer is $907 plus tax and installation. I found a new one in the internet for $320. If your problem is the module, don't buy it from the dealer. Contact the folks at 877-498-7278. Give then the VIN and they will tell you if they have the part.

Thanks for the heads up. Fortunately I am taking my car to a private mechanic in a small town. He wont over charge me for it :)

BlackRavenDTS
03-01-11, 09:50 PM
Do both of your HID's flicker or just one of them.
Dealer installed a new BALLAST on one of mine that was flickering.
So far ... so good.
If you need the part number for the ballast .. it is...10391611
It can be replaced "WITHOUT" removing the front bumper.
It is on the BOTTOM of the headlight assembly.

Texas Jim

The right hand side flickers the most
The left hand side flickers the lease
They have both been acting normal for a few weeks now, but i know it will happen again as they are inconsistently doing this.

As stated above, I am taking my DTS to a small town private mechanic who will research this issue and fix it for a low fee if he can. He has worked on my Bonneville a lot when i had it. So now i hope he can pull through on my DTS.

I will live if he tells me to fix both head lamp ballast and both sides of my heated front seats will be about $1500... But that is me thinking worst case idea.:p

Playdrv4me
03-13-11, 04:55 AM

This is apparently a COMMON problem with the heated and cooled seats and happens all the time with the Escalade. I found the burnt connector pin-socket a couple of nights ago and it did *NOT* require replacing ANYTHING. I found that because of the melted/charred area it wasn't making good contact. So I simply bent the pin on the connector end so it would hopefully make better contact and it worked. This particular problem can happen at the module connection, and at a few other interlinks along the chain. It is really ridiculous that GM made such a huge stink over the possibility of engine fires with the heated windshield washer module, and nothing has been done about this overheating problem with the heated and cooled seats. To the best of my knowledge the problem hasn't been rectified so putting in a new module and cabling will result in the same behavior later on.