: Hello Brethren!

HITMONEY
10-01-04, 11:20 PM
Hi all,

New here.. as you can plainly see.

I am Cadillac's marketing dream catch. 34 year old male proffesional (ok, not so proffesional) with money to spend on luxury vehicles.

But I am not new to Caddy's. Parents had a '78 Fleetwood when I was a kid. I loved that car, and I guess I never forgot about playing with hood ornament crest while the car was in the garage and my dad wasn't looking.

My first Cadillac was a 1993 Eldo. I bought it in '97. I loved it, but I wanted a newer one with the molded bumpers and sleeker styling so I bought a '97 ETC.
Kept that for a while. My next was my first brand new car purchase in my life, a 2002 Black AWD Escalade which I still have and love.

Just 3 days ago.. the day after our fouth hurricane... I was cruising the town because I had no electricity at home or at my business. I ended up passing my Cadillac dealership and decided to stop in and order some new center caps for my chrome Escalade factory rims because mine were pitted from sprinkler water. On my way in I saw it.... a shiney black low mile 2002 DTS with tinted windows and chrome rims. It has every option available in 02. It was mine within the hour. :)

And this is how I found these boards, searching for performance parts for my DTS. I am looking to get the Corsa exhaust and 1 inch Eibach lowering springs for a squattier look and better handling. Anyone have any experience with this?

Also found a Car and Driver article about comedian Tim Allen's DTS rocketship.
I am sure you have all seen it, but if not you can see it HERE. (http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=26&article_id=3639&page_number=1) I would LOVE to get my hands on those rocker panels!

Well, thats my story... thanks for all the info I have found thus far on your site.

:worship:

Stoneage_Caddy
10-01-04, 11:32 PM
the revrend welcomes our new brother hit ........

i must see pics of this DTS ....testemony ! testemony !!!!

HITMONEY
10-02-04, 03:57 AM
Yes, pictures will be forthcoming.

I dunno what it is about this car I love so much, I find myself just staring at it after I park it.

Oh, and tonight I found a good use for the night vision... I can now tell how fresh roadkill is on the road by wether or not it is still giving off any body heat or not.

:vomit:

:histeric:

BTW.. I am in the Tampa area as well, so if you see a black DTS either going like a bat outta hell or pulled over on the side of 275 or I-4 by local law enforcement..... that would be me.

CADDYBLACK99
10-02-04, 02:39 PM
Welcome Brother Hit!

Thanks for joining the forum! The DTS sounds very nice. We sill be standing by for pictures (maybe a picture of both 02's side by side). Good luck.
:welcome:
Paul

Ralph
10-02-04, 04:43 PM
:welcome: Ya those DTS's are nice. My Dad ordered a 2003 in White Diamond and he loves it! Doesn't drive it much, but loves it. :D

Adam
10-02-04, 04:54 PM
hey, welcome to the forum. congratulations on the purchase. good luck with the car and :welcome: