: Just replaced OEM tires with the same

diggerdog
02-23-11, 09:55 PM
:thumbsup:Hello, My 06 had started a noticeable slight shake in the steering wheel. My quess was a bad tire (broken belt). Just got an oil change yesterday and tech confirmed, bad left front tire. Was going to go for the Mich Primacy's however, local guy sold me the Conti's (OEM) for $108 each. The pot holes are so bad this year, I went with the Conti's at the better price. I swear she rides like new so, $459 vs. $880 seems like a good deal. Even if I get 25,000 miles out of them. digger

_ike_
02-23-11, 10:17 PM
I just put Michelin Primacy MXV4 on my car. They are great tires. The Continentals that were on my CPO car were dry rotted and out of round. The car shook pretty bad. They didn't have the Continentals in stock at the tire shop. I think both those prices are pretty good deals. I paid $1200 for my michelins.

HartfordGuy
02-24-11, 07:00 AM
Sigh... I have just over 40K on my 07 DTS and am thinking tires will need replacing soon. I have the Michelins. $880-1200 !! Yikes!

Superjim
02-24-11, 10:24 AM
Sigh... I have just over 40K on my 07 DTS and am thinking tires will need replacing soon. I have the Michelins. $880-1200 !! Yikes!

I put these on my 2006 Performance Sedan last year.
I now have over 15,000 miles on them.
I like them real well.
They are SO MUCH better than the factory tires.

Mine came with BridgeSTONES on it.
They were very noisy and rode "HARD".. :)

http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?details=Ordern&cart_id=38910756.135.8516&Cookie=Shopzilla&typ=R-134104&ranzahl=4&Breite=245&Quer=50&Felge=18&weiter=0&kategorie=6&Ang_pro_Seite=15&Transport=P&dsco=135&sowigan=GAN

Texas Jim

Kenwood
02-24-11, 03:05 PM
You guys all know about Tirerack.com, right? Check their prices before you buy. I always buy my tires from Tirerack and have my mechanic mount them. Even if you don't want to go that route, take their prices to your local tire shop and have them match their prices. They may hem and haw about how shipping, mounting and such adds to the price, but you should be able to come to a reasonable agreement and save some bucks. For example, a set of 4 Michelin Primacys at Tirerack cost $656. Also, check with the guy on the phone at Tirerack, they may be able to save you a few bucks on shipping or offer some kind of rebate.

Superjim
02-24-11, 04:02 PM
You guys all know about Tirerack.com, right? Check their prices before you buy. I always buy my tires from Tirerack and have my mechanic mount them. Even if you don't want to go that route,
take their prices to your local tire shop and have them match their prices. They may hem and haw about how shipping, mounting and such adds to the price, but you should be able to come to a reasonable agreement and save some bucks. For example, a set of 4 Michelin Primacys at Tirerack cost $656. Also, check with the guy on the phone at Tirerack, they may be able to save you a few bucks on shipping or offer some kind of rebate.

I always do that.
Sometimes you can save a BUNCH that way.

Jim