: scuff marks on interior doors and speakers...how to clean it!

caddydaddy2005
02-23-11, 02:34 PM
just curious to know if anyone had a good idea or product that will get the " scuff" marks off the interior door, and speaker due to being hit by shoes......my lil guy is the culprit..lol
thanks,

stevec5375
02-23-11, 03:54 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-second-generation-forum-2010/187689-how-clean.html#post2095574

PJ1520
02-23-11, 05:27 PM
caddydaddy............join the club. Only my culprits are the little grandchildren. I suggested to my wife that the little ones be required to remove their shoes before entering the SRX and her response was: "If you take them off you have to put them back on." Did it once and that was the end of that idea.

Thanks Steve and Sube for the tip about the magic eraser!

PJ

Cooper10
02-23-11, 07:38 PM
Go to the supermarket and a purchase a bottle of Soft Scrub with lemon. A small amount on a damp sponge will clean the speaker housing and door sill. Thats how I clean those areas when my black shoes scuff the speaker and sill.

stevec5375
02-24-11, 08:53 AM
FYI... I've also used TurtleWax Ice Interior Cleaner and it seems to work to remove shoe black marks too.

sube5186
02-25-11, 11:27 AM
Mr. Clean Magic Eraser leaves no residue. It even works on leather seats. I had a friend get into my car with a cheap leather coat on. The brown dye actually rubbed off on my Shale seats. I tried everything to remove it. I didn't want to use anything too harsh or abrasive. A gentle swipe with Mr. Clean was all it took. Presto! The seat is as good as new. I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!

P.S. Get the heavy duty version. They're a little more expensive, but hold up much better.

Sube