: Rear Turn Signal not working -1 week old

jbsharpe
02-23-11, 01:57 AM
Well, Looks like I've got to take my Brand New 2011 SRX to get serviced. 1 week old! Right Turn signal doesn't work 80% of the time. Because it's very intermittent must be a loose wire on the right rear. Replaced the bulb and jiggled the wires but to no avail. Funny it works when I start it up, and head out, but after a mile or so, stops working. Weird.

I'm nervous that they're going to rip the thing apart from back to front to replace a wire or something.

Everything else is ticking right along fine and I'm very pleased. But disappointed I've got to take it back to the dealer this week.

jcarlilesiu
02-23-11, 09:47 AM
Ouch, that stinks. I hope the find the cause of the issue without having to take it all apart. I bought a mitsubishi eclipse ft brand new in 2001, and the gear selector light in the dash wasn't working when I pulled off the lot. The next day, the car was in a million piece with the dashboard laying all over the service room floor. No fun.

Sent on tapatalk for Android

jbsharpe
03-01-11, 10:45 PM
:bouncy: :bouncy:Happy now that they fixed the issue (I hope). Sounds like they had a fun time troubleshooting. The root cause was one of pins in the rear turn signal was loose and caused fluctuations in the current back to the "BCM" module. They fixed the pins and replaced the module and it seems to be working fine now.

I really like the dealer's service department (not the same dealer as I bought the car from). Clean, friendly, let me drive off with a brand new CTS for rental for two days, and when I arrived to pick the car up, they had the car washed, cleaned (and it was pouring down rain outside) and even had two hot cookies for me.

Happy Caddy customer!

GeeVee
03-02-11, 01:12 AM
Happy to hear you got your car fixxed in an orderly way and great to hear some car dealers know how to look after their customers!

Cadillacyakyak
03-02-11, 05:53 PM
Replaced the bulb and jiggled the wires but to no avail.

What bulb did you replace, aren't the turn signals LEDs?

TheCaptain
03-02-11, 06:38 PM
Nope, only the taillights, running lights (park lights), and front corner markers (which do not flash) are LEDs. Everything else is incandescent, or HID (AFL equipped models).

smiley47
03-03-11, 11:14 AM
Nope, only the taillights, running lights (park lights), and front corner markers (which do not flash) are LEDs. Everything else is incandescent, or HID (AFL equipped models).

Captain, you have a PM.