: Re-Pad/Replace seats?

_ike_
02-22-11, 07:51 PM
I just bought a CPO '07 DTS. The drivers seat is weakened on the left side but is fine on the right side. So when I am sitting in it it flattens out on the left and the right stays nice and firm and pushes me over. This gets to be quite uncomfortable on long drives. The salesmen was going to have it fixed for me but he is no longer there.

I know some seats can have the foam replaced in them but with this having the heaters and cooling hardware in them I don't know if it can be done.

I have also found used seats from a '10 in nice shape but am not sure if they will work in my car.

Have any of you dealt with this issue?

Thanks

Superjim
02-22-11, 11:08 PM
If it is CPO... the warranty should cover it.

But if not...Any good upholstery shop can redo the padding.
They just slip the leather off of the seat bottom... removed the worn padding and replace with new padding.
It isn't a big deal at all...
I would guess probably 150/200 bucks or so.

As far as the 2010 seats... I see no reason they would not be a direct bolt in.
The DTS hasn't really changed since 2006.

Texas Jim

_ike_
02-22-11, 11:48 PM
I talked to a different dealer about the seat and warranty. They are saying that if the foam is worn from normal wear and not collapsed from a defect the warranty will not cover it. I am meeting with the selling dealer's manager to go over some other things that the salesman was supposed to have fixed and will bring this up to them. I'm hoping they can work something out where the warranty or dealer will cover it.

There is an upholstery shop I used to put leather seats in another vehicle. I plan on having them look at it too. I worry about getting it all back together properly. The passenger side has the plastic base coming loose and it rattles. I do not want this same problem on the drivers as well.

Thanks

_ike_
02-24-11, 11:45 PM
The dealer I bought it from is replacing the bottom cushions for me. The warranty doesn't cover it but they are since I just bought it. They will not cover and of the other things the salesman promised to fix though. They basically told me, You bought a used car it will have problems. I've never had another dealer have this attitude with a CPO car.

Superjim
02-25-11, 09:44 AM
The dealer I bought it from is replacing the bottom cushions for me. The warranty doesn't cover it but they are since I just bought it. They will not cover and of the other things the salesman promised to fix though.
They basically told me, You bought a used car it will have problems.
I've never had another dealer have this attitude with a CPO car.

That's BS... :(
What other problems do you have with it... besides the drivers seat??

Jim

_ike_
02-25-11, 09:08 PM
The main issues were the seat and there are bubbles in the paint that the salesman promised to have fixed. There was a bad vibration that turned out to be dry rotted hard tires that couldn't be balanced. The front brakes need changing, there was a bad speaker that warranty replaced and a couple of interior trim pieces that need to be replaced.

The service manager was using this car for a while and he told me he knew about some of the problems. If he knew about them whey weren't they fixed before it was sold as a certified car? And the used car sales manager's attitude is also unacceptable to me. I will be meeting with the management of the dealership to discuss these things with them.

I've had two other CPO cars. One from Honda and one from BMW. These had all maintenance done and new tires and brakes all around before the car could be certified. I expected this from Cadillac as well. Also they could not be certified with parts missing, even cosmetic, and with known issues. I don't understand how GM expects to compete if their standards are this low. I hope it is just this dealer and not a company as a whole.

I learned today from another dealer that I was supposed to get paperwork stating that it was certified and outlining what that means. I did not receive this either.

Rusty058
02-25-11, 11:47 PM
It's pretty apparent this dealer is a shyster,sorry you have to deal with this sh!t