: 2011 Ford Edge Limited AWD Model vs. 2010 Cadillac SRX Performance 3.0 AWD Model

dsy@cox.net
02-22-11, 06:11 PM
I owned a 2010 Cadillac SRX from Dec 2009 to just last week. Traded it in for a 2011 Ford Edge Limited, Silver with the 20" Chrome Clad Rims. Absolutely love it so far. The 2011 Ford Edge rides like a Cadillac should ride. My reason for saying this? I had tried for the past year to have my front struts replaced via warranty from GM/Cadillac. They replaced the struts twice and and both times the SRX rode really rough (with 20" rims) and thr struts made noises and thumping which was very irritating. I finally gave up on GM/Cadillac to make it right and was intrigued by the 2011 Ford Edge and think I will be very happy with my choice. Bye Bye Cadillac!!!

doctormstein1
02-22-11, 06:51 PM
Sorry you had those problems but my SRX is wonderful with non of the problems you mentioned. I wouldn't trade it for anything. Anyways, good luck.

greyghost04
02-22-11, 07:28 PM
I drove the '11 Lincoln MKX (Ford Edge). The standard 3.7 engine is so capable where the SRX 3.0 is not. If you compare them feature by feature they are about identical. For 2012 the SRX gets the engine it should have had (thanks Obama), the 3.6. The reason I went Cadillac and switched from getting the SRX to CTS Coupe was the lease deal was incredible. No money down, all in,$51k MSRP for $630/month. Ford was not even close. All foreign cars were above $700, some way above. For quality and value you can't beat Cadillac.

dsy@cox.net
02-22-11, 07:41 PM
Thank You

GMJim
02-22-11, 08:40 PM
Bye Bye Cadillac!!!

Sorry you had issues, but Bye Bye dsy.

You should probally post your gloating on a Edge forum, if there is such a thing.

concorso
02-22-11, 09:00 PM
The new Ford Edge is a nice vehicle. Im surprised you didnt go for the Lincoln, tho, as its a much nicer vehicle.

Ponyman
02-22-11, 09:28 PM
The Edge is ok, I drove one for two weeks, but I'll take the Caddy any day.

tc2010
02-22-11, 09:41 PM
I drove the Lincoln model, but preferred the look and feel of the SRX....:cool2:
Enjoy your new ride

dsy@cox.net
02-23-11, 10:35 AM
GM Jim: If I recall about a year ago you told me to be patient and GM/Cadillac would find a resolution to the strut issues and you were all sympathetic to my strut problems. One year later....GM/Cadillac has replaced the struts twice and still had the clunking, thumping and creaking noises! So don't be a JackAss with your wise ass comments! I still own a CTS which I am very happy with. Bye Bye GMJim!!

GMJim
02-23-11, 11:14 AM
As I said previously, sorry you had issues, and bye bye from this forum, since you don't own a SRX anymore.

As I said previously, go gloat elsewhere.

Mr. Jack Ass to you.

dsy@cox.net
02-23-11, 12:44 PM
Real Mature

MarioA
02-23-11, 01:44 PM
Ford Edge is a nice vehicle, but how can you compare the styling and class of the SRX to the Edge? I guess personal preference may come into play - but there is no one I talk to who even compares the two.
The SRX is a head turner, the Edge is a 'nice' vehicle.

I have had no problems with struts or ride and the turbo engine and drive-train is absolutely phenomenal. In fact the majority of the issues I hear of here I haven't had (crossing fingers). Judging by the sales numbers published, the negative posts are an incredible minority to the satisfied customers.

To each their own I guess - but its important to note that the SRX is a great success for GM (especially considering the Edge has had many years to mature).

PJ1520
02-23-11, 05:39 PM
If you want a tad more room and a lot more scoot, the Lincoln MKT is worth a look. The optional 3.5L with twin turbos puts 355hp on tap.

PJ

Rolex
02-23-11, 08:25 PM
GM Jim: If I recall about a year ago you told me to be patient and GM/Cadillac would find a resolution to the strut issues and you were all sympathetic to my strut problems. One year later....GM/Cadillac has replaced the struts twice and still had the clunking, thumping and creaking noises! So don't be a JackAss with your wise ass comments! I still own a CTS which I am very happy with. Bye Bye GMJim!!

We don't tolerate name calling here bud. I'm issuing you an infraction.

If you remain here only to nana boo boo at the other members then it's time for you to gtfo.