: New to the board

mike frederick
02-21-11, 07:26 PM
Hello everybody..I've been reading almost all the threads I possible can about the Cts-V and am currently shopping for one ( 04 - 07)

I cannot wait to get my mits on one,though Im taking this process slow as the whole dif. replacement issue has scared me away from one of them due to when it was rebuilt/replaced...Replaced in 05.

Anyway,I got my eyes on another in the K.C. area that needs some exterior help (04) at a price I know I could get lowered.It bothers me cause it looks as if it was rarely in a garage.Plus the dealer exposes no Carfax on the internet.Raises some flags but I like a challenge.

If I can find one at a good/resonable price I would jump.With a reserve of 3 grand for mods within the month after purchase.Not looking to run this beast in the ground,just miss having a car that is actually enjoyable to drive.

Here's the VIN 1G6DN57S740180013.Sorry if this is not the right spot for a post of this nature.Just looking for info.

rand49er
02-21-11, 10:05 PM
The diff thing is a bit overblown. Get a car with a 3rd (like mine) or a 4th gen diff, and you needn't worry too much. Allocate a portion of that $3k you're putting toward mods to getting aftermarket axles, and POOF! ... no diff worries at all.

Can I ask if you've driven a V?

BTW, what's your name?

mmayzak
02-22-11, 08:57 AM
I shopped all over the country looking for one, I looked in KS and OK and all over... ended up finding one in Denver. It's a 2006, and it's AWESOME! My best advice, get pre-qualfied on the loan becuase the 'good ones' last a day.

If this KS dealer isn't completely forthcoming with an internet buyer then MOVE ON... my 2006 had the rear end replaced (newest Gen), plus it's a 6.0L vs. the 5.7 - which I liked. I would rate it 95/100... probably more like 90/100, but I love this car.

Best decision I EVER made! I used Interstate Ford in Dacono, CO... Stacia was freakin' wonderful. Call and give her the specs you are looking for, she can comb the area for you and find one if there is one in Denver.

Good Luck, but if the deal feels bad - MOVE ON.

perfect
02-22-11, 10:12 AM
Are you from KC? I'm in KC and would happy to help you if you need any assistance.

Good luck with your purchase. I waited a few months and had to drive 4 hours away to Omaha to buy mine in Spring of 2008

mike frederick
02-22-11, 06:02 PM
Thanks Rand,no I havn't driven a V.A few cts' but no V.Is there something I need to be aware of when testing one out??Any info would be appreciated.

mike frederick
02-22-11, 06:06 PM
Hi perfect.Im living in Independence.Rt.291 by the mall.Hope you dont mind me bugging you with questions.

Got the feeling that Texas has all the V's nowadays.Big percentage of the searches keep turning up there.

rand49er
02-22-11, 06:51 PM
Thanks Rand,no I havn't driven a V.A few cts' but no V.Is there something I need to be aware of when testing one out??Any info would be appreciated.It's just that if you drive one, you won't be able to stop thinking about it you'll want one so bad.

mberisha
02-23-11, 03:08 AM
Hi perfect.Im living in Independence.Rt.291 by the mall.Hope you dont mind me bugging you with questions.

Got the feeling that Texas has all the V's nowadays.Big percentage of the searches keep turning up there.

Just my luck....I leave Warrensburg...and then there's another soon to be V owner in my old back yard...

Good luck hunting....and take Perfect up on his offer...stand-up guy and knows his stuff...

BTW....once you get your V...make sure you do the loop around Jacoma Lake....super fun for that area!