: How to Remove Makeup from Headliner

Wannago
02-21-11, 01:45 PM
When I bought my (used) V last fall, I noticed that the previous owner's wife / girlfriend was "less than careful" when applying makeup while riding in the car, and there appears to be makeup (incl lipstick) stains on the passenger's side headliner / visor.:mad:

Anyone have any advice or tips / tricks on how to properly clean this without damaging the material? I do have a handheld steamer, but I'm not sure if that is what I should use on this?

Thanks

OffThaHorseCEO
02-21-11, 01:52 PM
haha, maybe it wasnt that she wasnt careful, maybe her significant other was very creative and the results are on your visor and headliner

Submariner409
02-21-11, 02:02 PM
Anyone have any advice or tips / tricks on how to properly clean this without damaging the material?

You might try a home dry cleaning kit - supermarket - I think it's called Dryel.

Test an inconspicuous patch before the main act.............

Ranger
02-21-11, 02:33 PM
I'd spray a little Brakleen on a rag and wipe it. I'd bet that will clean it. That's what I used to clean the glue residue when I removed those hideous yellow air bag safety stickers on the visors. Can't even tell they where ever on there now.

C&C
02-21-11, 03:21 PM
I've had very good luck with a product called "BlueMagic Carpet Stain and Spot Lifter".

orconn
02-21-11, 03:26 PM
Given the costof a new visor cum mirror, I would consult an upholstery shop that specializes in interior restorations.

OffThaHorseCEO
02-21-11, 04:01 PM
Given the costof a new visor cum mirror, I would consult an upholstery shop that specializes in interior restorations.

AWW SKEET SKEET SKEET

lipstick is bad enough, i dont think he wants a bill clinton mirror

ben.gators
02-21-11, 05:54 PM
ha ha ha, the content of this thread reminds me an episode of two and a half men: Charlie lent his brand new Mercedes Benz to his mother, and after her mother returned back the car he found a bra in the rear seat plus a footprint on the headliner... Long story short, he traded in his brand new Mercedes Benz and purchased another one! :D

PinkLisa
02-22-11, 08:02 PM
When I bought my (used) V last fall, I noticed that the previous owner's wife / girlfriend was "less than careful" when applying makeup while riding in the car, and there appears to be makeup (incl lipstick) stains on the passenger's side headliner / visor.:mad:

Anyone have any advice or tips / tricks on how to properly clean this without damaging the material? I do have a handheld steamer, but I'm not sure if that is what I should use on this?

Thanks

If it is dark (brown or black) it is probably mascara, and that comes off easily. I got it off with just water and a cloth rag. For the pink/red stains that is most likely lipstick and is a little tougher, since they are usually oil-based. So, I would try a little glass cleaner on a paper towel (the ammonia in the glass cleaner is a degreaser). If those don't work try some (non-moisturizing) eye makeup remover.

;)

Jesda
02-23-11, 12:54 AM
I'm a huge fan of Folex but it seems hard to find.

Stingroo
02-23-11, 12:59 AM
AWW SKEET SKEET SKEET

lipstick is bad enough, i dont think he wants a bill clinton mirror

:histeric: You get another gold star.