: 2011 SRX w/NAV & Hard Drive loses favorites & playlists

js615
02-21-11, 12:21 PM
I have a new 2011 SRX with Nav & Hard Drive system. I currently have about 10Gig of DRM free MP3 loaded. I have created favorites for playlists and artists that keep disapeering. I'll re-create them, all will be good for a few weeks, then one day I'll get into the car, start it up, and they are all gone again. Irony is that the XM & FM favorites remain, but all the HD-based favoites are gone and the music begin playing from the first alphabeticallu sorted MP3 song title.

Have any other 2nd gen SRX owners experienced this? If so, did you find a resolution?

sube5186
02-21-11, 12:44 PM
This has happened to a few others. A reprogramming of the radio fixes it. You'll have to take it back to the dealer and have them reinstall the software.

Sube

js615
02-21-11, 01:46 PM
Thx sube.

mouaz
02-17-12, 02:10 AM
This has happened to a few others. A reprogramming of the radio fixes it. You'll have to take it back to the dealer and have them reinstall the software.

Sube well i have exactly the same problems and have to take the car twice to the dealer.
However during the last visit ,after a new rebooting or software upgraded by the dealer, the car lost the use of the back up camera and the dealer could not bring back the use of the camera and now he wants to replace the whole radio.
my new problem now is how to download the 1,200 songs saved in the hard drive before a new radio or system will be installed.
GM should have a software to allow the hard drive to be downloaded (since we can upload..songs..) but the dealer tech. job is to change the system or upload upgrades directly from GM, but lacks a software to download the hard drive.
The software system upgrade is done directly by GM tech. from the dealer garage and I still have to get a response from the GM tech.

what is the hard drive (40GB) brand used in the SRX 2011?
Any help will greatly be appreciated.
mouaz