: 1 Big Thing About the Gen 2 SRX Bugs Me Compared to Gen 1

b4z
02-20-11, 05:07 PM
Less rear seat legroom!
I know GM had to make decisions to make the SRX popular and profitable but
1 of the main reasons I bought my 3 Gen 1 SRXs was the 116" wheelbase and excellent rear seat legroom.

There are also two minor negatives for me 1. FWD, which I guess I can live with and
2. It's somewhat female targeted. I can live with that also, by changing to a performance look 5 spoke wheel and possibly a different grille.

Just wish they had given the nex SRX about 2 more inches of rear legroom.

Cant wait for the 3.6L.

sube5186
02-20-11, 05:48 PM
Just wish they had given the next SRX about 2 more inches of rear legroom.

I wholeheartedly agree!!!

However, I don't see why people say the SRX is targeted toward women. I just don't see it. I get compliments from men and women from 18-70 YOA and even little kids. Nothing on the SRX says feminine specific.

Sube

GeeVee
02-20-11, 07:51 PM
I second your motion Sube. Most guys consider the SRX styling and interior looks to be on the aggressive side. I have also heard in my travels that a lot of women like the Lexus RX350 for it`s "softer" style inside and out. To each our own I guess......

Smokin' SRX
02-20-11, 11:08 PM
In Black it says GUY. In White (Plat Ice) a bit of feminista shines thru, IMHO.

Yes I too miss the rear seat room from my '04. Always recline the rear seats a bit to help folks fit better.

My MAIN gripe is that when it's parked in driveway, I go out to get something from rear doors, they're locked, and the damned unlock button is on the center console instead of the front doors!! Now I gotta lean all the way in to reach. With dirty work pants/hands.....not good.

Yes I know you can set ALL doors (instead of just drivers) to unlock on parking, automatically, but I consider that a security risk at malls etc. Small issue relatively but I hate it!! LOL

Good luck!

SS

Nancy116
02-21-11, 12:03 AM
I think in black with 20" chrome wheels, the SRX is very aggressive and masculine-looking, which is why that's what I want (I'm female). My friend was trying to talk me into the Lexus RX350, which is what she has and loves it. I told her I wanted 20" wheels and the Lexus doesn't offer them. She was trying to convince me that her 19's were fine and that everyone comments on them. (Maybe fine for her, but not for me...I want what I want.) I finally told her the car is just not aggressive-looking enough for me. Actually, I don't think I have ever seen a male driving one.

Oh and PS: My BMW 335i has the same door-lock situation, and the door unlock button is above the radio....yes, it's a pain.

b4z
02-21-11, 08:00 AM
I think in black with 20" chrome wheels, the SRX is very aggressive and masculine-looking, which is why that's what I want (I'm female). My friend was trying to talk me into the Lexus RX350, which is what she has and loves it. I told her I wanted 20" wheels and the Lexus doesn't offer them. She was trying to convince me that her 19's were fine and that everyone comments on them. (Maybe fine for her, but not for me...I want what I want.) I finally told her the car is just not aggressive-looking enough for me. Actually, I don't think I have ever seen a male driving one.

Oh and PS: My BMW 335i has the same door-lock situation, and the door unlock button is above the radio....yes, it's a pain.

The SRX is definitely more agressive looking than the RX.
I think with FWD you get that big front overhang that the first gen didn't have at all. It's definitely a sporty looking CUV I would just prefer a more raked back look with less thickness in front of the windshield. Impossible to do with FWD.
overall I far prefer the SRX to the RX.

Smokin' SRX
02-21-11, 07:05 PM
I've known 2 Nancys in my life. Both were cool gals! LOL
Glad you went SRX. Lexi are for dweebs. :lildevil:

SS

TheCaptain
02-21-11, 07:15 PM
Glad you went SRX. Lexi are for dweebs. :lildevil:

SS

:D
:cheers::cheers::yeah::woot4:

PJ1520
02-22-11, 12:52 PM
My 2 cents.........coming, going, from a side view, or from any quarter view, you can pick the SRX out in a large crowd of CUVs and SUVs that all look too much the same for my tastes.

PJ

Razorecko
02-22-11, 11:28 PM

I looked at the 350 with my wife. I can't believe they went from a touchscreen nav to some busted joystick controller with the screen 4 feet into the dash. It felt chintzier than the old 330's and it felt like it was made for someone in their 60's

Smokin' SRX
02-24-11, 11:28 AM
Another Toyota/Lexus recall this morning! That marque has a lot of tarnish.......and blood on it, in last 2 years. 50 deaths (at least ) attributed to the "sticking gas pedal". Very sad. Hope they fix before any more folks are hurt.

We don't even know how many "recalls" were done silently, since it leaked out that Toyota/Lexus fixed them during oil/maintenace service, without telling the owners that they did it! That's one way to get a better Consumer Report score!

SS