: Stabilitrak?

JPahl77ta
02-20-11, 03:36 PM
Hey guys, new to the forum, just bought a 05 CTS-V. It's the 6 Spd , LS6. My question is how to turn off the STABILITRAK? I've read the manual and tried everything but cannot seem to get it to turn off. I have the T/C button on the wheel and in the glove but I never get a message on the DIC (STABILITRAK OFF)? I press it twice within 5 seconds but all I get is my little T/C light going on and off? no DIC message on the screen? What am I doing wrong? or is there an active code that is disabling it? I dont have a MIL or any warnings. Thanks Jeremy

kevm14
02-20-11, 03:50 PM
Are all of your tire pressures reported or are some tires "--"?

boosted353
02-20-11, 04:00 PM
Pressing the TC button twice puts the car in competitive driving mode, holding it for 5 seconds or so turns stability control completely off.

mberisha
02-20-11, 04:04 PM
Are all of your tire pressures reported or are some tires "--"?

Ditto....I hate when one TPS goes --- .......arghhh....

JPahl77ta
02-20-11, 08:10 PM
My front Right Tire pressure sensor is out, Just reads --- . Would that disable the option to turn the STABILITRAK off?

mberisha
02-20-11, 08:19 PM
My front Right Tire pressure sensor is out, Just reads --- . Would that disable the option to turn the STABILITRAK off?

It sure will....is your TPS intermittent....or has it never worked?

My driver's side front displays --- if I drive at sustained high speeds....however it resets itself when I turn the car off and it sits overnite.

JPahl77ta
02-20-11, 08:56 PM
Yeah it has never worked. If it reads nothing is it dead or is there a way to fix it or test it some how?

MikeV
02-20-11, 09:23 PM
If your radio has ever been replaced they probably programmed it for a standard CTS. They have to go in with a tech II scanner and set it for CTS-V otherwise competitive mode won't activate. Correct sequence is...

Start up both systems on
One press traction control off, stabilitrak on
Second press in 5sec, competitive driving mode, traction off, stabilitrak less intrusive
Hold down for 5sec, both systems off