: Like it or not... you can't deny...

stevebaker
02-19-11, 08:52 PM
I love it! I hate it! I have squeaks! I'm rattle free! How do I upgrade the lights? How do I get rid of the thud in the front suspension?

OK... whether you truly love your SRX or you are frustrated, you can't deny it's one of the best looking and unique cars on the road. We had a break in the California rain and the sun was hitting my car just right. It wasn't the cleanest but something about that moment just struck me. Thought I would share it.

Yes I have a few annoyances but I still love the looks...
~Steve

GMJim
02-20-11, 09:20 AM
:cheers:

Ponyman
02-20-11, 10:20 AM
Yeah, no doubt it is the best looking crossover out there. Cadillac cetainly hit the mark a few years ago when they came out with the edgy look, instead of the more rounded approach most companies have taken.

Max405
02-20-11, 11:11 AM
I agree. Its one of the best looking cars on the road period. It has such a majestic stance. Just lie the Cadillacs my grandfather use to drive. I love the fact that they put REAL wood in it. That was a big dissapointment with my old Escalade. Maybe they ran out of of those Plastic trees in Detroit...

Joe D.

coolbeans
02-20-11, 04:35 PM
stevebaker: thats a nice looking car!
Yes they look hot!! The only thing that bothers me is it gets a lot of condensation/exhaust build-up at the tips, I am constantly cleaning them off, as after a run, there is about a quarter inch wide black strip on the outside bottoms of each. Maybe that just happens in the winter, or while breaking in, I dont know.

stevec5375
02-20-11, 04:58 PM
I agree. Its one of the best looking cars on the road period. It has such a majestic stance. Just lie the Cadillacs my grandfather use to drive. I love the fact that they put REAL wood in it. That was a big dissapointment with my old Escalade. Maybe they ran out of of those Plastic trees in Detroit...

Joe D.

Before I discovered the new SRX, I was looking at an Acura MDX. One thing I didn't like about the MDX was the simulated wood trim. The pattern repeated so evenly that it made it look like the artificial wood it was. I think the real wood in the SRX is definitely a big improvement. However, part of me feels a bit guilty for the trees that have to be destroyed in order to get this wood when it is purely for aesthetic pleasure and serves no other purpose. If someone could produce synthetic wood that didn't look fake, that would be the way to go. :)

Smokin' SRX
02-21-11, 12:29 AM
go to your newspaper on-line instead of paper and save a tree! Works for me LOL

SS

TheCaptain
02-21-11, 08:09 PM
stevebaker: thats a nice looking car!
Yes they look hot!! The only thing that bothers me is it gets a lot of condensation/exhaust build-up at the tips, I am constantly cleaning them off, as after a run, there is about a quarter inch wide black strip on the outside bottoms of each. Maybe that just happens in the winter, or while breaking in, I dont know.

The exhaust tips get black on them from carbon. It happens with all cars, all engines, anything that burns a fossil fuel.
It's just more pronounced on the SRX because the tips stop short of the body adornments that look like tips. Keep a cloth handy. :)

The SRX looks soooo good it doesn't matter what angle you see it from!
:D
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5259/5392064756_30367dabba_b.jpg