: Cant get in the car

Morgan26
02-19-11, 07:21 PM
The key will not open the door sometimes,and the keyless entry will not work,any help would be great

hgqguy
02-19-11, 07:28 PM
cylinder is frozen.. hot water. cause u have an alarm prolly and you HAVE to use the remote or key. In the winter my cylinder gets frozen after I wash it and its cold out.. get a pitcher of hot water and pour it lil at a sime till thaws out.. then to prevent.. take vasoline and smere it over key slot.

Im assuming its frozen.

Morgan26
02-21-11, 09:35 AM
thanks,but this thing was HARD to turn key and it wasnt cold out,key would try and open but didnt

elvin315
02-21-11, 10:44 AM
I've used the thin red tube to inject WD40 into the keyhole. It displaces water and flushes out gunk. Heat the key with a lighter and insert it into the lock. If there is ice the heat will melt it. Not too hot or it will damage the key transponder.

Will the key fob open the trunk? I haven't tried it but it may be possible to enter through the rear bulkhead's pass-through opening. If the center armrest is unlocked you might be able to unlatch the rear seatbacks and crawl inside. Lots of ifs I know but desperate times call for desperate measures. It's that or bust a window.

hgqguy
02-21-11, 11:04 AM
I have noticed that after mine was froze up and then freed up I had to play witht he ket to get it to work.. I think it all has to do with water in the key lock.. After i freed it up I smeered vasoline over it.. I have not had a single problem since..

I think I know what you mean about the key being hard to turn.. seems alsmost like there is something misalligned inside right??

libbysman
02-22-11, 01:24 AM
Hello all, if I might add my 2 cents. I wouldn't recommend you put any spray in your locks unless it's just graphite. Oils and liquids attract dirt and crud. Also, the shop manual and owners book recommend you use the key on the door lock every so often so it won't sieze due to lack of use. Good Luck, Brian