02-18-11, 05:59 PM
Does anyone have a link or details on how to remove the starter?
I've removed the bolts, and wiring. It will not come out.
How can I move or remove the Engine Motor Mount? That seems to be whats holding it in. :crybaby:
02-18-11, 09:44 PM
Can't remember precisely, but I believe the shop manual states that you either need to remove the transmission, motor mount or something like that... But I'm sure it doesn't have to be that difficult. I had mine done a couple years ago and I don't think they removed my motor mount OR my transmission...
02-19-11, 12:16 AM
I'm hoping all I need to do is loosen the mount, but it's definitely blocking it in.
02-19-11, 09:25 AM
I think you have the remove the motor mount, actually just loosen the motor mount bolt and jack the engine up a little.
02-21-11, 03:42 PM
Update: Heres what I had to do to remove the Starter.
1. Disconnect battery.
2. Jack car up So I could get under it. ALWAYS USE JACK STANDS!!!
3. Disconnect all leads to starter, I needed a 14 mm socket for the Positive wire. Used a 10 mm for the negative wire. Very difficult to do this. Little space, seeing the ends is hard.
4. There are 2 parts for the engine mount. First is the rubber cushion mount.
Remove nuts from top then bottom 15 mm wrench works good for the bottom. The top is a 16 mm socket.
5. Jack the engine up. I used my floor jack, with a block of wood under the oil pan. Take it slow, watch the pan for any signs of denting or caving. While raising the engine you can see the rubber mount, raise until the bottom bolt clears the mount. From the top, remove the rubber mount.
6. Drop engine back down. Remove 4 motor mount bolts, 15 mm socket. There is a hidden bolt, its in a opening that was behind the rubber mount.
7. Once all bolts are removed, raise engine again. The motor mount should fall away.
8 Remove starter bolts 2 Star bolts. Cant remember what size they are. 10 mm?
9. Remove starter by working it back towards trunk. Its pretty small as starters go. There you go.
On a scale of 1-10 for difficulty I rate this a solid 8, pretty damn difficult.