: What did you do to your car today?

Aron9000
02-18-11, 02:47 PM
Lets keep this a continuing, never gonna die thread.

For the Toyota truck, I changed the plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, and changed the oil in it this morning. Also ran a can of seafoam through it before I changed the plugs, gotta love that huge cloud of smoke. Love how stupid easy the 22R-E is to work on. Runs a lot smoother now, and fixed my rough idle problem.

Tomorrow I'm going to wax and detail the Cadillac. Gonna be a long ass day.

Rolex
02-18-11, 03:02 PM
Nothing....it's been parked at Tulsa airport for a week.

Submariner409
02-18-11, 03:15 PM
68 degrees here. Got underway at 1:30 and drove down to the tip of Kent Island and back - 17 miles - to warm it up. Front end up on jackstands in the garage, change oil and filter. Check underneath for this and that. (garage concrete floor is COLD). Pour in 7.5 quarts of Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30 and a prefilled WIX 51522 filter. Check for leaks and check all fluids. AOK.

Drain oil was clear dark amber. 4,500 miles. Used 20 oz. of oil over that mileage which works out to about 1 quart/6,000 miles - 11.5 months (it's been a quiet year). Took used oil up to Charlie's for his shop furnace.

billc83
02-18-11, 03:32 PM
Sweet. I just got done working on the Bricklin for the day, only to find this thread.

Today, I:

1) Installed replacement alternator.
2) Installed new thermostat.
3) All but finished the pneumatic plumbing! I now have working doors, hatch, and headlights! The air is now running on the onboard compressor and not the home compressor. The only thing left to hook up are the air latches and one regulator to keep the headlights from snapping up so violently.

The only snag came near the end of the work day - I was letting the compressor do its thing and one of the air line ruptured! I'm assuming it's only because of a wrongly installed pressure switch - the compressor should have cut off at 120 psi and the lines are rated for 150! Scared the crap out of me.

Today I probably made the most progress on the car (in one day) that I can remember. I'm back into the fray tomorrow...

gary88
02-18-11, 03:57 PM
Nothing....it's been parked at Tulsa airport for a week.

This. Except replace Tulsa airport with garage and week with 2.5 months.

Jesda
02-18-11, 04:40 PM
Last night, in the dark, I sloppily applied Back To Black on the trim pieces. Now it looks like it was driven through a pool of bacon grease.

drewsdeville
02-18-11, 05:33 PM
Drove it.

OffThaHorseCEO
02-18-11, 05:44 PM
nothing today but, yesterday i had the Allante's 20's Road Force balanced

if i feel motivated enough, tonight i will finish making transmission lines for the saturn and finish putting the new radiator in.

ThumperPup
02-18-11, 06:41 PM
woke up ran a few erands Stoped for car wash cleaned out car inside checked oil added half a qt went to gas station filled her up then home

Stingroo
02-18-11, 07:44 PM
Looked at it, smelled it (doesn't everybody?)... checked my oil, put the windows down, music on blast, and drove to work with the windows down. :)

Also got a compliment from a campus security officer on my smoothie hubcaps. :thumbsup:

mhamilton
02-18-11, 07:46 PM
I discovered that my water pump cover gasket is leaking... thought I smelled coolant when I got home the other day. NAPA should have my new FelPro gasket tomorrow morning, so that will be my project.

Playdrv4me
02-18-11, 08:16 PM
Checked on the repair of one, and started shopping around for replacements of the other.

Rusty058
02-18-11, 10:26 PM
I put my 2 hands on her steering wheel and told her how much I loved her!! LMAO!

ryannel2003
02-19-11, 12:20 AM
I drove it and realized how quickly it's falling apart.

DouglasJRizzo
02-19-11, 07:53 AM
At 8am on a windy cold sat morn, I've done nothing to any of them. However, Monday I intend to get the 75 hearse running and put it in the garage. Was teh 04 cavalier daily driver, and prep the 76 hearse for the road.

ThumperPup
02-19-11, 08:32 AM
today 2-19-11

not a damm things just freaking woke up lol

how ever i am getting ready to take it out on a 400 miles run
going to detroit to visit friends then heading back to cleveland tonight

might fuel it up again depending on if i can get up to 400 miles with highway driving as long as i can disaplin myself to not race it and floor it on this trip

oh also going to pack it with 2 girls tonight head to a party in detroit

um lets see what els try to avoide pot holes
blast the radio ones i get on the highway

not sure what els

ejguillot
02-19-11, 09:00 PM
Wash and claybar last night, took some time this afternoon to touch up all the nicks and scratches with some leftover paint. (I had traded some computer work with a client for getting my left doors and bumpers repainted. Couldn't do anything else to fix flaking clearcoat.) Going shopping for a set of used rear F45 shocks with low miles.

billc83
02-19-11, 09:27 PM
Replaced the batteries on both the Allante and the Bricklin.
Troubleshot the pneumatics on the Bricklin; I need a more powerful air compressor (d'oh!).
Changed the oil on the Allante, took it for a drive.
Noticed a headlight was out, bought a replacement.

ben.gators
02-19-11, 10:35 PM
Left it to sleep in parking lot and enjoy her lazy weekend! :D

gdwriter
02-20-11, 04:09 PM
Nothing. Sabrina has been sitting in my girlfriend's driveway in Portland since Thursday night while I'm as the Chicago meet. Don't plan on driving her until tomorrow morning when I drive the 88 miles to Corvallis for the start of another work week.

But I did get her oil changed last Saturday.

orconn
02-20-11, 04:31 PM
Well, I drove the "Grey Wolf" to church this morning where she could commune with all the other old, but nice Cadillacs in the parking lot!

I lied, I drove her on her usual weekly 10 mile jaunt of twisties and freeway and it was back in the garage for her.

ThumperPup
02-20-11, 04:48 PM
drove back from warren Mi to Cleveland 192 miles left at 11:30 pm got home at 5am
because on my way back i saw this guy swirving slowing speeding up slowing back down fluctuation around 30-80 mph speraticly blinker on hole time in and out of his lane but never one lane for meo then 20 seconds
i got his plate number

slowed down to 15 mph to stay far behind and away got on the skirt sholder of the highway
pulled up the city i was in with the navi unit hten rmmebr you can dial *990 from cell phone and it will link you with police and emergency on highway turnpike in ohio so did that
told them i think someone is driving drunk
they asked me to stop at the next rest area or highway skirt engine break area wich ever came first and wait for a office to come to me
they did then i fallow him to where they pulled this guy over wanted me to witness that this one what i saw
they had him blow and he had enought liquire in his system to make a dog run away from his breath they said lol
how ever not even a thank you from the troopers after it wall all said an doen no apreciation at all

thats what i did with the caddy today

Stingroo
02-20-11, 07:59 PM
Drove to work. Also bought new plugs and wires. A tune up is in order!

gdwriter
02-23-11, 01:48 AM
Spent $110 having the upper radiator hose replaced.

When I pulled into the garage Sunday night after driving in from Portland after the Chicago meet, I saw steam coming out the front of my car. Not a good sign. Too dark to really see anything, so I drove Betty to work yesterday and called my mechanic to see about bringing Sabrina in today. The temperature gauge hadn't budged from top dead center, there was still coolant in the tank and only a few drops of coolant on the garage floor.

When I arrived at my mechanic's, the steam was coming out again, so I opened the hood, and the problem became immediately obvious: the upper radiator hose was rubbing up against a pulley on the left side of the engine, and the wear had finally created a hole from which coolant was spraying.

After installing the new hose, my mechanic also used a couple of zip ties to prevent the hose from rubbing on the pulley. So any Northstar drivers, you might want to check yours.

Stingroo
02-23-11, 07:49 AM
Installed a new steering wheel!

Also a really clean set of junkyard rear cargo light lenses. I'm pleased with the results. Vacuuming the beast out today or tomorrow and will have pics.

johnny kannapo
02-23-11, 09:45 AM
Today I will clear the snow off & around and the Eldorado & run it for a while at an elevated idle. It will be too sloppy to take it out for a run. Its been sitting there covered for over a month.

http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz183/billytheshoe/web%20pictures/68a487d1.jpg

Stingroo
02-23-11, 09:48 AM
That really sucks. What's your winter beater Johnny?

Submariner409
02-23-11, 10:43 AM
After installing the new hose, my mechanic also used a couple of zip ties to prevent the hose from rubbing on the pulley. So any Northstar drivers, you might want to check yours.

Gary, open the hood and reach your fingers around behind and under the plastic radiator sight shield (cover) - there's a molded-in channel that the top radiator hose clips into for just that ^^^ purpose.

The truck: This AM - warmed it up, did the lazy thing and took it to Western Auto - oil & filter, rotate tires, new Exide 84 month battery. (Too damn cold on the garage floor at 28 degrees this morning.)

slk230mb
02-23-11, 11:05 AM
Dropped the STS-V off at the dealership for a check engine light. None of the gauges were reporting anything out of the ordinary, waiting for the diagnosis now. First mechanic visit since I got it last August.

johnny kannapo
02-23-11, 11:20 AM
That really sucks. What's your winter beater Johnny?The Eldo is the beater. Its never been driven in snow or salt, coming from Sun City, AZ. in 07' it never has seen much rain. The battery tray has the only minor corroison.

I can get away with driving a 15 yr old car, she can not. In mid January the loyal & trustworthy 03' Caravan started exhibiting transmission problems that require near total value repairs & traded it info this 2010 Ford Fusion SEL never titled by anyone but Ford manufacturing as a fleet vehicle with low miles. 17,500mi. We paid over $11,000 less than the sticker price of $28,700- W/trade in drove it out minus $16,954.16

We had to join the 32 mpg club.

Its a very nice car with NAV, SYNC, back-up camera, blind spot radar, leather, moon, heated seats, handling pkg, 84 mo. Ford ESP warranty. It has everything with the exceptions of remote start & the V6 or hybird -a Ford/Mazda built in Mexico. 175hp 2.5 I4 was the reasonable choice with plenty of power although it just seems like a mistake not to get the 240hp V6. Its a good cruising & handling car with good leg room & a huge trunk. Its getting 24-25mpg around town compared to the Caravan 17-18mpg city.

http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz183/billytheshoe/web%20pictures/a563b2f5.jpghttp://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz183/billytheshoe/ba304944.jpghttp://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz183/billytheshoe/e529f788.jpg

slk230mb
02-23-11, 11:29 AM
Dropped the STS-V off at the dealership for a check engine light. None of the gauges were reporting anything out of the ordinary, waiting for the diagnosis now. First mechanic visit since I got it last August.

Bad PCM, thank you warranty!

OffThaHorseCEO
02-23-11, 11:32 AM
dropped it off for an alignment.

Stingroo
02-23-11, 12:11 PM
The front end of those is very appealing, but I never did like the rear styling. Not bad though. :)

Back to the thread:

After classes today, running by Advance Auto to get my battery tested. I think its on its way out. Took about 5 seconds of cranking to get the wagon to start yesterday, plus this battery has been killed 4 times in the last 3 months from stupid crap from my friends. No biggie, I got it for free from a nice guy at my dad's job.

gdwriter
02-23-11, 12:36 PM
Gary, open the hood and reach your fingers around behind and under the plastic radiator sight shield (cover) - there's a molded-in channel that the top radiator hose clips into for just that ^^^ purpose.I looked when I picked the car up, and the hose is behind that clip.

Which made me just realize, this is likely my own damn fault. I changed out the headlights a couple of months ago, and you have to remove that cover to get to the headlight assemblies. So when I put it back on, I must not have put the hose behind the clip. :doh:

Yet another reason why I shouldn't work on my cars myself. It always comes back to bite me in the ass. :dammit:

Submariner409
02-23-11, 01:30 PM
:sneaky: You need to buy a Service Manual for Hoover - he'll keep you out of trouble.

Sevillian273
02-23-11, 02:03 PM
The MPG makeover:

Switched from 19lb to 16lb injectors http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m280/merc892003/100_1089-1.jpg

180deg back to 195 thermostat

Tires: 225/60s (4% too small), back to 215/70s

MMO piston soak (google it): Removed carbon build up caused by the large injectors = No more spark knock!

Dremel wheel to the distributor contacts. The MSD 6A totally rapes distributor caps. But it s good for 1mpg calculated

Dash mounted vacuum gauge (helps to lighten my lead foot...)

Re-enabled the viscous converter clutch. Might be good for 1mpg? Certainly is annoying though...

Previuosly 15mpg, hoping to get 18 again at least!

The car is absolutely no fun to drive anymore.... :crying:

Sevillian273
02-23-11, 02:18 PM
Took about 5 seconds of cranking to get the wagon to start yesterday,

Battery is fine if you can crank for 5 seconds. Fuel or spark issue.

thebigjimsho
02-23-11, 04:11 PM
Put it up for sale on Autotrader...

drewsdeville
02-23-11, 04:17 PM
The MPG makeover:
Re-enabled the viscous converter clutch. Might be good for 1mpg? Certainly is annoying though...
:

Oh? I never knew you disabled it. It should be nearly undetectable if everything is working properly. As far as mpg's, it's worth quite a bit if you consistently cruise 40mph or above - more than 1mpg in my experiences.

What are those 16 #'ers out of?

Sevillian273
02-23-11, 04:22 PM
I dont like the feeling when it engages. It's very subtle but Im sensitive. It feels like Im suddenly towing something out of nowhere. I put a switch in between it and the ECM.

The feeling is similar to the way a Ford AOD takes forever to downshift... Hard to explain..

The injectors are out of early 90's BMW M series. 16.7 lb/hr

drewsdeville
02-23-11, 04:30 PM
The feeling is similar to the way a Ford AOD takes forever to downshift... Hard to explain..

Yeah, I know that feeling very well (I hate the AOD). I think I know what you mean. Doesn't sound like typical behavior for these cars though.

ThumperPup
02-23-11, 04:32 PM
Took the Caddy For a Car Wash then went threw the drive up ATM
then back home

Sevillian273
02-23-11, 04:32 PM
Its not nearly as pronounced as the AOD. Lol, not even close!

Stingroo
02-23-11, 07:13 PM
Battery is fine if you can crank for 5 seconds. Fuel or spark issue.

Yeah. I'm leaning toward spark. Battery tested good at 786 CCA. Bought a cap and rotor today, and new wiper blades (it's so nice to be able to SEE in the rain!). Dad bought me plugs and wires over Christmas, but we never got around to installing them, so he's mailing them to me so I can do the whole shebang. Should be good for my gas mileage too.

Also, @Sevillian: Poor you. I get better gas mileage in my mondo-wagon. lol Hope your tune up is as successful as you hope. :)

thebigjimsho
02-23-11, 07:25 PM
Took the Caddy For a Car Wash then went threw the drive up ATM
then back home
through!

ThumperPup
02-23-11, 07:30 PM
through!

yeah if thats how you wat to spell it ok but im not getting into this
man why you got to SH## on another thread man your crazy

you know my spelling isn't great and i try spell check but it doesn't always help so i put threw and naught through lol
and you also should know by now that if your making fun of someone with a disability then you must have one of your own that your ashamed of lol

thebigjimsho
02-23-11, 07:34 PM
yeah if thats how you wat to spell it ok but im not getting into this
man why you got to SH## on another thread man your crazy

you know my spelling isn't great and i try spell check but it doesn't always help so i put threw and naught through lol
and you also should know by now that if your making fun of someone with a disability then you must have one of your own that your ashamed of lol
You can try playing victim all you want, but I have done it for everyone. If anything, be grateful that I don't hold back for gimps.

cadillac kevin
02-23-11, 07:42 PM
can you two take your pissing match somewhere else? this shits getting old.

ga_etc
02-23-11, 07:45 PM
I suggest Canada.

gdwriter
02-23-11, 07:53 PM
I suggest Canada.:histeric: :histeric: :histeric:

TBJS is correct, however. The correct word in this context is through. You go through a car wash; you threw a hissy fit. Trust me, I'm a professional. 23 years as a marketing copywriter.

Instead of getting all defensive and throwing a hissy fit, take it as constructive criticism. TBJS is not making fun of your dyslexia; he's pointing out the right word.

Speaking of the right word, it's you're when you are crazy about your Seville.

Class dismissed. :lol:

thebigjimsho
02-23-11, 07:53 PM
it's the lounge. where do you want it to go?

Sevillian273
02-23-11, 08:21 PM
Yeah, lets go ahead and shit on this thread too. Lets see how many locked threads we can make in a one week period over a trivial subject like improper grammar. Who cares?

ANYWAY:

Yeah. I'm leaning toward spark. Battery tested good at 786 CCA. Bought a cap and rotor today, and new wiper blades (it's so nice to be able to SEE in the rain!). Dad bought me plugs and wires over Christmas, but we never got around to installing them, so he's mailing them to me so I can do the whole shebang. Should be good for my gas mileage too.

Also, @Sevillian: Poor you. I get better gas mileage in my mondo-wagon. lol Hope your tune up is as successful as you hope. :)

Actually, I had it set up that way on purpose. It was faster and much more fun to drive. Just expensive.. required a bottle of octane boost per tank and a thorough seafoam treatment before every oil change. Now that work is slow, as it is every year at this time, I need to save money. :crying:

Your extended cranking might be fuel pressure related. Try turning the key 5 seconds on, 5 seconds off three times in a row before starting. This will ensure full pressure on startup... Just a thought

ThumperPup
02-23-11, 08:25 PM
its no0t me in the pissing match seems like he wants to fallow me around constantly almost like stalking i wonder if this is actualy considered stalking

dude just lay off it im sick of it and eveyrone els is sick of it i have asked you time and time again to leave me alone and you don't

ThumperPup
02-23-11, 08:25 PM
I suggest Canada.

i was thinkign GA :)

Rolex
02-23-11, 08:31 PM

The point being that everybody here is growing weary of the pissing matches and bickering nonsense. Mods are getting tired of all the thread locks and reported posts too. Grow up and knock off the :bs: pretty please.

ga_etc
02-23-11, 08:38 PM
i was thinkign GA :)

Be my guest. It's a large state.

Stingroo
02-23-11, 08:40 PM
Your extended cranking might be fuel pressure related. Try turning the key 5 seconds on, 5 seconds off three times in a row before starting. This will ensure full pressure on startup... Just a thought

Worth a shot. Thanks for the tip!

Slow work sucks. What do you do?

Stingroo
02-23-11, 09:08 PM
Ah, so like 90% of our state. Gotcha.

V-Eight
02-23-11, 09:16 PM
Old, but needed to be posted

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj2/cbarns/mechaphile.jpg

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-23-11, 09:23 PM
I washed my van twice today, and I topped off the washer fluid. That's about all I do with the Regal too, wash it once weekly at work, gas it up and change the oil every 5,000 miles.

ben.gators
02-23-11, 09:23 PM
^
The guy says he is not ready to say the story to his mom, but he says the entire story with all of creepy details to a magazine...

Sevillian273
02-23-11, 09:25 PM
I just keep it to myself... but I do change my condom every 3000 miles. :shhh:

cadillac kevin
02-23-11, 09:27 PM
that guy needs serious help- or a girlfriend. one of the two

ga_etc
02-23-11, 09:31 PM
The TA is a "boy car", so maybe he needs a boyfriend.

Sevillian273
02-23-11, 09:33 PM
Yeah but hes totally in the glovebox about it.

ben.gators
02-23-11, 09:37 PM
The TA is a "boy car", so maybe he needs a boyfriend.

Oh, it's getting complicated, he seems to be bisexual, he does it with TA and Beetle....

billc83
02-23-11, 09:37 PM
Yeah but hes totally in the glovebox about it.

:histeric:

Destroyer
02-23-11, 09:40 PM
I broke the arm rest on my seat in my van. :thehand:

Stingroo
02-23-11, 09:50 PM
That sucks.

Destroyer
02-23-11, 10:10 PM
That sucks.Yeah that. Don't know what you got till it's gone. It's a captain type chair and I love the arm rest. The gears/mechanism that holds it up must have broke, now it just falls down. I'll have to fix it. :annoyed:

Aron9000
02-24-11, 01:27 AM
Yeah that. Don't know what you got till it's gone. It's a captain type chair and I love the arm rest. The gears/mechanism that holds it up must have broke, now it just falls down. I'll have to fix it. :annoyed:

Just get a piece of wood or dowel rod, cut to length, insert between armrest and floor.:p

ga_etc
02-24-11, 01:31 AM
Just get a piece of wood or dowel rod, cut to length, insert between armrest and floor.:p

Someone's been in TN too long.

Stingroo
02-24-11, 01:32 AM
Seems logical enough for me. Until a real fix can be made at least. lol

Jesda
02-24-11, 02:01 AM
Someone's been in TN too long.

lmao!

ben.gators
02-24-11, 03:47 AM
Worth a shot. Thanks for the tip!

Slow work sucks. What do you do?

It can be because of a bad fuel pressure regulator too... As far as I can remember you have recently replaced the FPR, am I right? or it can be a bad fuel pump... as sevillian said the problem seems to be because of fuel and fuel pressure, not battery or electrical system

by the way Roo, are you a member of Caprice forums too?

Jesda
02-24-11, 04:45 AM
New Fusion is a fine looking car :cool:

Stingroo
02-24-11, 07:58 AM
It can be because of a bad fuel pressure regulator too... As far as I can remember you have recently replaced the FPR, am I right? or it can be a bad fuel pump... as sevillian said the problem seems to be because of fuel and fuel pressure, not battery or electrical system

by the way Roo, are you a member of Caprice forums too?

Me? On forums? Of course! :) Working from the front on back to see what's up with it though. It'll get fixed. No worries.

Today... blah. Class. :(

Submariner409
02-24-11, 09:33 AM
Finally got the custom CAI installed in the STS................

Sevillian273
02-24-11, 09:38 AM
HAHAHA! The sour cream & onion ones are good for 50hp over stock! Don't forget the dip!

thebigjimsho
02-24-11, 10:54 AM
I need to get these rugs washed. So much salt makes it look like sand...

OffThaHorseCEO
02-24-11, 03:08 PM
alignment yesterday turned out to be unnecessary. shop found out the front tires had some belt separation. 2 new tires required. Did that today for the grand total of $330 including mounting balance and road hazard.

OffThaHorseCEO
02-24-11, 03:10 PM
also, dont know if this counts as doing something TO my car, but last night i bought 2 pair of infinity kappa perfect 6.1's got a killer deal on em

Also scored big on ebay, 4 channel infinity amp for the kappas, 111w RMSx4 for $11 + shipping

its FOR the Allante even though it hasnt been done TO it yet

ThumperPup
02-24-11, 04:02 PM
what did i do to mya car today lets see nothing how ever what soeone els did to my car today is what pisses me off
just got back from Body shop estimate is at 1150.55 cent
and no camera was in the parking lot and someone scraped the car whyll i was in the store casuing the 2 passanger side doors to be scratch rear door to be dented and middle of door outer molding to be scraches up prfeaty bad
all in all
now this is going to cost me 500 for a deductable
because some jerk that runs scared and doenst want to live up to the fact they hit someones car did that ok rant is over thats waht happend to my car today

OffThaHorseCEO
02-24-11, 07:06 PM
that really sucks man. some people have no respect

ThumperPup
02-24-11, 07:43 PM
that really sucks man. some people have no respect

im still waiting to hear back from the claim rep
they are trying to figure out what it would go under
at first the rep though Collision
then i said why not comp car was not in motion during accident
then rep went to talk to supervisor
then he came back saying well it might not have been a car so if it wasn't a car and perhaps a shopping cart hit the car but that damage no way i would think it would be a shopping cart
but they said if it could be considered that then it would be Comp and not Collision

then also i said even if its not
can it be considered vandalism the guy or girl had to be doing something stupid to get there car that close to mine they said well it was probably the there bumper that hit mine
so they are trying to figure out what is will be under
if its Collision then im out 500 but my dad works with the guy who owns the body shop alot and he said that his price he got me when i went in he gave me the 1150.55 after taxes but id probably only pay about 1000 of that at the most
so at least my 500 wont be a full 500
how ever
im hoping it comes back under Comp and then my Deductable is only 250 and if he does it in at 1000 then if i get it under comp it will only cost me a 100 out of pocket

this is just really pissy no matter how much it is its more then it should be it shouldn't be anything cause ppl need to respect others property

RightTurn
02-24-11, 07:56 PM
Interpreter, please report to Aisle 5. :coffee:

ThumperPup
02-24-11, 07:59 PM
Interpreter, please report to Aisle 5. :coffee:

hey it was Aisle 8 man get your numbers str8 lol

and look above its fixed now at least:thepan::stirpot: i think

Stingroo
02-24-11, 07:59 PM
Dude HUGE score on that amp. Nice job.

Today, I vacuumed out my car and washed all the windows because of all the pollen on them. The floor is clean finally. :)

Sevillian273
02-24-11, 11:22 PM
Of all the speakers I've owned, my Infinity's have been by far the best. They can take a beating too.

I hate this freakin pollen. On a black car, forget about it...

cadillac kevin
02-24-11, 11:47 PM
I came out to my van today and found a crease in the right rear quarter panel. I know it wasnt there yesterday. guess I'll have to get out a 2x4 and a hammer.
last time someone hit one of my vehicles in the college parking lot, I got a scratch on the dent inside a dent inside a dent on the fender of my caddy (yes I'm serious.)

Stingroo
02-25-11, 12:03 AM
I came out to my van today and found a crease in the right rear quarter panel. I know it wasnt there yesterday. guess I'll have to get out a 2x4 and a hammer.
last time someone hit one of my vehicles in the college parking lot, I got a scratch on the dent inside a dent inside a dent on the fender of my caddy (yes I'm serious.)

http://cdn2.knowyourmeme.com/i/1123/original/xzibit-wtf.jpg

In other serious thread-related news: I FINALLY HAVE A WORKING HORN! It's been almost a year LOL

Sevillian273
02-25-11, 01:03 AM
Beep beep. You have officially been pimped.

Drove it about 40 miles. 19.6 mpg!

Adjusted cruise control cable position as it was holding the throttle open slightly, Idling at 1100 rpm. Damnit I spent an hour looking for a vacuum leak...

If i post everything I do to my car(s) this thread will get very long very fast.

GizmoQ
02-25-11, 01:51 AM
Tuned up to 5000RPM and ran outta injectors. Bought Blizzaks from Jesse and drove 386 miles home. 80MPH at 1700RPM (that's one hell of an overdrive)

Submariner409
02-25-11, 10:11 AM
OK - yesterday (Post #78) it was the custom CAI - this morning I replaced the HVAC actuators for the defroster. Cleared codes and no more lights !!! Yay !!!

Stingroo
02-25-11, 10:39 AM
Bahahaha. I lol'd hard.

Destroyer
02-25-11, 11:28 PM
I have some things to sort out on my '67 Cutlass. I have like no patience so I farted on my car today. :histeric::cool2:

Submariner409
02-26-11, 10:13 AM
Recharged the R134a, reset the high pressure switch, greased the starter cord, and the A/C is ready for Spring. (Changed the right rear light bulbs, too.)

GizmoQ
02-26-11, 01:21 PM
Of all the speakers I've owned, my Infinity's have been by far the best. They can take a beating too.

http://www.myemoticons.com/images/communicate/slang/true-dat.gif

Just remember not all levels work the same. The Kappas are strong, the Reference components are killer, but you gott give 'em plenty of power!

Sevillian273
02-26-11, 03:08 PM
I have 4 reference 6x9s fed by a rockford punch 4ch amp. Sounds killer. I almost went for the kappas but after hearing the ref's I doubt I'd notice the difference.

ThumperPup
02-26-11, 04:22 PM
Today i checked the fuel pump see if i could hear it sounded like i could but latter sounded like i couldn't
checked fuse again looked good
tried to start battery was around 10 hood jumper cables up jump from 10 to 13.4 13.5 got has hi as 14.0 so no chance that the batter is the problem
checked fuel rail again not even air nothing
put another 2.5 gallons in hoping that would help tried to start
no go no start final decided giving up for today

gary88
02-26-11, 04:48 PM
Still have two, maybe three weeks before I take my car out of storage, but I got the 2011 navigation discs today so I decided to see what's new (I was still on the 2007 disc).

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/1502/img7313.jpg

New feature is showing where red light cameras/speed traps are :2thumbs:

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/6230/img7314z.jpg

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/1728/img7316c.jpg

thebigjimsho
02-26-11, 04:57 PM
That is officially the MUTHAEFFIN PIMP!

ThumperPup
02-26-11, 04:59 PM
Recharged the R134a, reset the high pressure switch, greased the starter cord, and the A/C is ready for Spring. (Changed the right rear light bulbs, too.)

omg just noticed this is bad lol bad i tell you dang

ThumperPup
02-26-11, 05:01 PM
Still have two, maybe three weeks before I take my car out of storage, but I got the 2011 navigation discs today so I decided to see what's new (I was still on the 2007 disc).

dang man
now that is the shiznit pimpin

Submariner409
02-26-11, 06:59 PM
:cookoo:...:suspect:...:helpless:...:nono:...:bang head:...:getaway:

........and the new NAV discs aren't too shabby, either.

V-Eight
02-26-11, 08:14 PM

That is sick. I'm jelly

billc83
02-26-11, 08:18 PM
OK. A long day of work followed by a long day of working on the Bricklin.

1) Distributor cap and new spark plug wires done.
2) Installed new thermostat. The previous owner installed a 160 degree one (seriously?). Back up to 180.
3) Had to drill and tap some new paths for the radiator screws. The new ones are 5/16, except the bottom left (a fun surprise if the new owner has to change out the radiator, if I sell).
4) Plugged up the valves. Now, the air will only push the doors up; gravity will let them shut (I honestly don't know why the original plan was to have them pneumatically close...)
5) Went to NAPA to pick up belts. A warning to all - DON'T BLINDLY TRUST WHAT YOU READ ON AN INTERNET FORUM. The belts I wrote down from the Bricklin Forum were completely wrong - I had to drive home to get the old ones to verify!
6) Ordered new radiator hoses while at NAPA. They'll be here Monday, hopefully with my new air compressor and Mazda Pulse Generator.
7) Installed new belts - Power Steering, A/C, and Alternator (Smog pump has been removed - no emissions for me). After that, it was time to call it a day.

Overall, the mechanicals are almost there. I just have to reinstall the radiator and fan, dial in the carb, and hunt down any vacuum leaks (which I'm sure will be plenty). Next week I'll finalize the pneumatic system and then it's back to the interior (and my Corbeau seats should ship "first thing next week" according to the seller)!

After that, we just wait for the body panels. Hopefully the entire thing will be done by the Summer.

hueterm
02-27-11, 03:03 AM
Got rid of it...

ben.gators
02-27-11, 03:09 AM
I went to a DIY shop and rented a lift to track down C1711 trouble code. After conducting different tests it turned out that CVRSS module is bad.... I removed the CVRSS module and and now it is in front of me...

Jesda
02-27-11, 03:48 AM

Baller!!!! :cool2:

Playdrv4me
02-27-11, 04:02 AM
I went to a DIY shop and rented a lift to track down C1711 trouble code. After conducting different tests it turned out that CVRSS module is bad.... I removed the CVRSS module and and now it is in front of me...

Good luck with that...

ben.gators
02-27-11, 04:19 AM
Good luck with that...

The good news is couple of people in the forum had the same problem and somehow they discovered that an small burned resistor on the board is in charge of this mess! They could repair the board simply by replacing the resistor! The module itself is about 2200$, but a 1$ resistor solved the problem! :D

Tomorrow morning I will go to RadioShack to buy the resistor to see what happens....

Playdrv4me
02-27-11, 04:20 AM
Wow! That's awesome!

orconn
02-27-11, 11:10 AM
That's really great! Keep us informed as to the success of this repair.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-27-11, 12:00 PM
Put $30 worth of 91 octane into the Regal yesterday, at $3.65 per gallon. Went from 1/8th tank to 3/4 tank. Jeez! I can remember in '04, when I had that Roadmaster, it KILLED me to put more than $30 worth of gas into it, now $30 won't even fill my much smaller tank (17 gal v. 23.5).

thebigjimsho
02-27-11, 02:21 PM
Put $30 worth of 91 octane into the Regal yesterday, at $3.65 per gallon. Went from 1/8th tank to 3/4 tank. Jeez! I can remember in '04, when I had that Roadmaster, it KILLED me to put more than $30 worth of gas into it, now $30 won't even fill my much smaller tank (17 gal v. 23.5).
Don't speak too soon. With the conflicts in Africa and the Middle East, expect gas to be higher than in '08. $80 fillups were becoming the norm. And that was for regular...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-27-11, 02:23 PM
Tap into the reserves in North Dakota!! Tap tap tap!

ga_etc
02-27-11, 04:15 PM
Put a drill in Palin's front yard.

gdwriter
02-27-11, 05:33 PM
Put $30 worth of 91 octane into the Regal yesterday, at $3.65 per gallon. Went from 1/8th tank to 3/4 tank. Jeez! I can remember in '04, when I had that Roadmaster, it KILLED me to put more than $30 worth of gas into it, now $30 won't even fill my much smaller tank (17 gal v. 23.5).Filled up last night: $59.15 for 17.716 gallons of regular at $3.33. That 376 miles includes a round trip to Portland and a week commuting to work. Still, a $60 fill-up is a bit unnerving, especially knowing it's going to get worse. Probably much worse.

gary88
02-27-11, 05:37 PM
In the suburbs I saw $3.59 for regular, downtown it's close to $4.

Stingroo
02-27-11, 05:47 PM
$3.31 here. :(

Finally got my steering wheel sorted. Horn works, steering wheel secured. All good. My friend lost the nut that held the wheel on. Long story. All sorted now and I love the looks now. :)

OffThaHorseCEO
02-27-11, 05:54 PM
Warm day today. Rinsed the car off put the center caps on and snapped some quick pics
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/Offthahorseceo/2011-02-27_17-09-36_688.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/Offthahorseceo/2011-02-27_17-08-20_731.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/Offthahorseceo/2011-02-27_17-10-39_811.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/Offthahorseceo/2011-02-27_17-07-12_485.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/Offthahorseceo/2011-02-27_17-06-34_167.jpg

Btw ive been eyeing these kappa perfects for a while. Theyre rated to handle 100 watts rms and ill be feeding them that much so we should be good

mhamilton
02-27-11, 06:23 PM
With a nice warm-up in the weather, decided to finally pull my battery and fix the cut coolant sensor wire. At some point in the past the previous owner got the "low coolant" message that wouldn't go away (typical of these magnetic sensors to stick), and so the mechanic's ace repair job was to cut the plug and short the wires...

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/6402/cutwire.jpg

I had planned on buying a new surge tank (figured the sensor was still stuck), but apparently my good cooling system maintenance had freed it up :) I tested the sensor while the wires were disconnected, and by some miracle it was closed! (coolant full, and this was after draining the system completely last weekend for the pump gasket change). So all I had to do was repair the cut wire and was back in business!

Stingroo
02-27-11, 06:38 PM
Gotta love those shadetree mechanics.

mhamilton
02-27-11, 06:53 PM
^^^ wasn't even a shadetree to blame... this guy has been running a shop for decades. My aunt was the previous owner and I remember when she got the "low coolant" message. I told her she needed a new tank, would be like $50 in parts + whatever labor.

I had the car for almost a year before I noticed the cut wire next to the battery. I even called my aunt to tell her what I found, she adamantly defended him. I told her, "this is the same mechanic who's 'repair' was to unplug the washer fluid level sensor on your Mercedes?" God knows what else he hacked on that car...

Stingroo
02-28-11, 05:46 PM
Today's entry:

Painted my steel wheels red. Looks much nicer than the silver did. Yes, I know I need to turn my whitewalls out. I will after Spring Break if funds allow (necessary fixes are coming first).

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/189710_1906068578054_1431987960_2274879_631329_n.j pg

Jesda
02-28-11, 06:37 PM
I left it parked and rode my bike around. Kind of weird to go a whole day without driving.

MacMuse
02-28-11, 07:05 PM
warmer weather (above freezing), lower than normal traffic volume on expressway, during a couple long on-ramps I reacquainted myself with the 95mph reading on my speedometer. Hello, long time no see.

Sport Mode didn't want to let go of the RPMs, it held 3rd gear at 3500RPM while I coasted for a 1/4 mile. had to bump it into 5th to get her to relax a little - I wasn't going to keep pushing the gas like that for the whole drive home.

Submariner409
02-28-11, 07:05 PM
Nasty, drizzling rain here today - car in the garage, drove the truck.

orconn
02-28-11, 07:18 PM
^^^ that hubcap looks like it's smiling at me!

Stingroo
02-28-11, 08:18 PM
It is. It's happy to be on the car. :) I'm totally in love with the smoothies. I've had a few people ask me about them while driving, it's pretty cool to see how much something that easy makes a car stand out (excluding on-campus... I already stand out there, being the largest vehicle there is :lol:)

billc83
02-28-11, 08:29 PM
Large car for a large personality.

Stingroo
02-28-11, 08:36 PM
And a dorm room full of stuff. :lol:

Destroyer
02-28-11, 10:35 PM
Warm day today. Rinsed the car off put the center caps on and snapped some quick pics
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/Offthahorseceo/2011-02-27_17-09-36_688.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/Offthahorseceo/2011-02-27_17-08-20_731.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/Offthahorseceo/2011-02-27_17-10-39_811.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/Offthahorseceo/2011-02-27_17-07-12_485.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/Offthahorseceo/2011-02-27_17-06-34_167.jpg

Btw ive been eyeing these kappa perfects for a while. Theyre rated to handle 100 watts rms and ill be feeding them that much so we should be good
That car is.............unique! Enjoy it. :yup:

ben.gators
03-01-11, 02:26 AM
That's really great! Keep us informed as to the success of this repair.

Went to Fry's Electronics, paid 0.95$ for a pack of 1k ohms resistors, and replaced the burnt resistor on the CVRSS module with a new one.... and wooooo... the problem is solved. The code c1711 is gone! This code had set service suspension system massage and 90 mph speed limit! Now the code is gone and no more stupid massage or speed limit... Went to have a one hour test drive and apparently there is no limit for speed anymore! :D

Stingroo
03-01-11, 07:25 AM
Nice! A $1 repair is always good. :thumbsup:

The-Dullahan
03-03-11, 12:30 AM
Today's entry:

Painted my steel wheels red. Looks much nicer than the silver did. Yes, I know I need to turn my whitewalls out. I will after Spring Break if funds allow (necessary fixes are coming first).

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/189710_1906068578054_1431987960_2274879_631329_n.j pg

If funds allow? You already HAVE whitewalls on, but they CHARGE you to change them? Wow, that's all Pepboys is good for, they switch my tyres around for free (But I always tip them anyhow)

Stingroo
03-03-11, 12:51 AM
Pepboys was where I got the tires, and they still wanted like $30 to switch them. It's BS. Dad has connections with Tire Kingdom down by the house (his friend is the new manager) so they'll probably swap them around for free. :)

ThumperPup
03-03-11, 07:59 PM
Picked her up from the Shop started her up was so happy to finally see a working gas needle and the fuel range working for the first time in 22 months that i have owned it
drove home to only remember i forgot the att guy was coming to set up u-verse today
so he was waitng about only 5 minutes he said when i got home

then went back out around 2 dropped her off at the body shop signed the papers saying they can work on her
asked them to sandblast the hood also and repaint it they said no sand blasting and they wouldn't refinish it because they wont do work that they cant gurantee so thats a no go but 2 passenger side doors will be repairs from the dent of the hit and run and then repainted moldings repaired or replaced also
said she will be ready Monday or Tuesday

Then Enterprise came and picked me up
was expecting a 300 or a Lucerne but they did not have it so they brought a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 3k on it
said it was just purchased for there fleet 5 days erlier and drove from the west coast to ohio on a one way trip so now i have a car that is brand new for a week atleast
but not happy so going to see if i can get a 300 or lucerne tomorrow perhaps

billc83
03-03-11, 10:36 PM
Really not very much.

I set up the Bricklin pneumatics with the new compressor but didn't fire it up to test everything.
Bought some new stainless bolts and lock washers for the radiator.
Took out the battery and battery box on the Mazda praying that the sensor I got will fix the transmission issue.
Looked at my e-mail you find my Corbreau seats finally shipped! :cool2:

Tomorrow is the big work day...

GizmoQ
03-03-11, 10:52 PM
Took FireFox in for an oil change. My tech in the service department started a commotion about 10 minutes after I sat down in the waiting room. I wondered how long it would take. By the time I rounded the corner there were 5 or 6 techs/advisors taking pictures under my hood. Got her home and programmed my tablet for the OBDII interface and checked codes - supercharger over boost warning in history. Guess I'm going to get that a lot till the retune. Washed, polished, and covered till its time to go back to Warsaw. Front tires, 245/45ZR18, are in and will be mounted this weekend on my Z06 (summer) wheels. Back tires, 275/35ZR18, are on back order. Don't need the set till April, anyway.

cadillac kevin
03-03-11, 11:31 PM
I started working on the caddies body. removed most of the rocker trim (theres quite a bit of it). found a few spots of rust that I need to treat, and some rust in the bottom panel seam on the backside of the doors and trunk hidden under the chrome trim. looks like I'm gonna have a fund spring and end up with a half primer, half cream caddy.
I also checked the fluids (dont run the car anymore since the accident.) I found out why it smelled bad whenever I fired it up when I worked on it (like having power accessories when working one it- and it makes it easier to move around the yard when it runs)
anyways- the oil is charred on the top and bottom of the measurable area of the dipstick, and a light carmel color in the middle. I've never seen oil like that (its new oil too- under 1500 miles on it) I also checked the coolant to find alot of it is gone, and theres oil in the bottom of the resevoir with a thin layer of coolant on top of it. I already knew the trans dripped when I ran it, but I think its leaking now even when the car sits. its amazing how being cut off can screw up your car. I guess I wont be keeping the engine block as a spare for my lesabre anymore. anyone need a 400 lbs olds doorstop with 67k miles.?

Aron9000
03-04-11, 02:55 AM
^Sorry to hear that shit man.:nono:

Lets see, on the 91 Brougham:

Yesterday I had a looksee at the brakes. The left front caliper was sticking, I couldn't even get the bolts loose to remove the damn caliper.:helpless: I knew that caliper was bad, and I've done a standard pads/rotors change out on my old Camaro. I really didn't feel confident in doing brake work that would require bleeding the brakes.

Put the front wheels back on, did an oil change, also changed the air filter.

Today I took it to my guy David at C&F Tire in Franklin(great guys, always done right by our family for over 15 years). $421 later I have two new front rotors, a new left front caliper, new pads, a new left front brake line, and a new rear seal on the axle where it was leaking diff fluid from the right rear brake drum. Also repacked the front wheel bearings, and rotated the tires, both free of charge.

Overall I'm doing pretty damn good with the Brougham. The last big outlay of $$$ I had with her was in August 2009 when I had to put a new headliner in her. She's due for a coolant change, fuel filter, and spark plugs pretty soon, but those are pretty easy jobs I can do myself.

Playdrv4me
03-04-11, 03:27 AM
^Sorry to hear that shit man.:nono:

Lets see, on the 91 Brougham:

Yesterday I had a looksee at the brakes. The left front caliper was sticking, I couldn't even get the bolts loose to remove the damn caliper.:helpless: I knew that caliper was bad, and I've done a standard pads/rotors change out on my old Camaro. I really didn't feel confident in doing brake work that would require bleeding the brakes.

Put the front wheels back on, did an oil change, also changed the air filter.

Today I took it to my guy David at C&F Tire in Franklin(great guys, always done right by our family for over 15 years). $421 later I have two new front rotors, a new left front caliper, new pads, a new left front brake line, and a new rear seal on the axle where it was leaking diff fluid from the right rear brake drum. Also repacked the front wheel bearings, and rotated the tires, both free of charge.

Overall I'm doing pretty damn good with the Brougham. The last big outlay of $$$ I had with her was in August 2009 when I had to put a new headliner in her. She's due for a coolant change, fuel filter, and spark plugs pretty soon, but those are pretty easy jobs I can do myself.

Sounds like a trooper, how many miles on her now?

Sevillian273
03-04-11, 07:42 AM
Get a 'Mighty Vac' from harbor freight. It comes with a one-man vacuum bleeder kit. It's really a piece of cake.

Playdrv4me
03-04-11, 06:26 PM
Tore apart the dash and installed the VCIM factory bluetooth module in the 'Lade. Unfortunately, looks like ill be putting in the factory Nav to utilize it to its fullest. Ashame because as much as i like the factory Nav unit, i really like all the direct access buttons and simplicity of the non nav radio.

EDIT: Scratch that, I can use the dial pad on my phone so I don't need the Nav screen after all!

billc83
03-04-11, 10:23 PM
Installed new pulse generator sensor on the Mazda. Hasn't fixed the transmission issue, but it seems to be doing it less and I can predict it.

On the Bricklin: Reinstalled radiator. Tightened up belts. Found that the power steering pump is leaking so I'll need to do something else (dammit, and the PS pump is a b**** to get to). The new compressor is more than enough to power the components. There's a tiny air leak but it hasn't affected testing.

Now, the big news. THE DOORS ARE BACK ON THE CAR! The doors and hatch go up and down with the touch of a single button. Fully operational except for the latches (also powered by pneumatics) which only need to be plugged in. Probably the most excited I've been - the project's really been a hastle for me and finally I'm making some real progress, it seems. Air consumption has been dropped to ~5 psi per use which is much better than it was beforehand.

Aron9000
03-05-11, 01:04 AM
Sounds like a trooper, how many miles on her now?

130k, not even broken in real good yet.

OffThaHorseCEO
03-05-11, 12:23 PM
not today but last night.

again not really to the car, but i made final measurements multiple times and finally started putting together the subwoofer box using 3/4" MDF. Basic layout is done and being held together with wood glue. Picking up silicone sealant today to seal all the edges and will also be tightening it all up with some wood screws.

Allante is up on jackstands right now awaiting an oil change and spark plug/plug wire change as well as a heater core flush

Submariner409
03-05-11, 12:28 PM
Exchanged 3 quarts of coolant, set tires at 32 psi, checked wheel nut torque, stared at the boxes of EBC slotted rotors and Redstuff pads sitting on a shelf and thought "You need to get motivated". Spring is coming........

GizmoQ
03-05-11, 12:44 PM
Replaced a coolant bypass hose on the Eldorado (set a low coolant code so I had to find the leak). Replaced the Throttle Position Sensor and Idle Control module, too, since I was there.

Changed my halos from CCFL to Ultra Bright LEDs and I don't like them. They're brighter, yes, but they're no longer color matched to the rest of my bulbs. I'm running 8000k for high, low, and fogs. The CCFLs were special order 8000k so the matched. The LEDs look like 4 or 5000K. I'll leave them in for a while to see if I get used to them.

Playdrv4me
03-05-11, 01:26 PM
Replaced a coolant bypass hose on the Eldorado (set a low coolant code so I had to find the leak). Replaced the Throttle Position Sensor and Idle Control module, too, since I was there.

Changed my halos from CCFL to Ultra Bright LEDs and I don't like them. They're brighter, yes, but they're no longer color matched to the rest of my bulbs. I'm running 8000k for high, low, and fogs. The CCFLs were special order 8000k so the matched. The LEDs look like 4 or 5000K. I'll leave them in for a while to see if I get used to them.

Yea I really liked your CCFLs. For most things I always like the latest technology, which in lighting is LED... but for the halos CCFL just seems to fill out the circle more nicely and evenly.

GizmoQ
03-05-11, 01:38 PM
Yea I really liked your CCFLs. For most things I always like the latest technology, which in lighting is LED... but for the halos CCFL just seems to fill out the circle more nicely and evenly.

Yeah me, too. But the CCFLs/ballasts couldn't handle the cold - replaced both ballasts this winter and they still don't fire everytime below 30 degrees. Since the Eldo is primarily inclement weather car now I figured I'd give the LEDs a try. We'll see how they last???

thebigjimsho
03-06-11, 12:13 AM
Washed, clay barred, polished and added a coat of sealant to the Town Car today. It's not as nice as new, but for a car with 199,000 miles it's frackin' mint...

ga_etc
03-06-11, 08:01 PM
Finally got a plate to go on the front of the Roadmaster. I was tired of looking at the plain grey tag holder.

http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv220/austin99etc/IMG_20110306_181627.jpg

Stingroo
03-06-11, 08:22 PM
Gross. I think the gray looked better. :thumbsup:

ejguillot
03-06-11, 08:27 PM
Today? Nothing. Yesterday, however...

Replaced the rear shocks with a used set out of a 2001 STS with 78K miles. 100 day warranty, $50 each! Pretty good deal, I think.

ga_etc
03-06-11, 08:34 PM
Gross. I think the gray looked better. :thumbsup:

That settles it, it stays.

billc83
03-06-11, 08:48 PM
Ordered Dynamat for the Bricklin.

Scouring the internet for a power steering pump.

Stingroo
03-06-11, 09:59 PM

When you come down for the FL meet I'm gonna cover your car in gator magnets.

ga_etc
03-06-11, 10:09 PM
Then be prepared for GA stuff to be showered on the wagon. It's almost the right shade of red too...

Playdrv4me
03-06-11, 10:09 PM

Replaced the rear shocks with a used set out of a 2001 STS with 78K miles. 100 day warranty, $50 each! Pretty good deal, I think.

That WAS a good deal!

Stingroo
03-06-11, 10:32 PM
Then be prepared for GA stuff to be showered on the wagon. It's almost the right shade of red too...

Bring it on son.

ga_etc
03-06-11, 10:48 PM
http://www.bizzytop.com/images/aint-skeered.jpg

thebigjimsho
03-06-11, 10:49 PM
Son?

ga_etc
03-06-11, 10:53 PM
http://www.stuckon.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/darth-vader.jpg

Father

ben.gators
03-07-11, 12:30 AM
:histeric:

ben.gators
03-07-11, 12:31 AM

How much difference do you see?

ejguillot
03-07-11, 09:47 AM
How much difference do you see?

It's considerable - the old ones were factory original and at 156K miles completely worn out, with leaking air boots (sagging rear end) and no shock absorption.

The new ones, with 1/2 the miles and good air boots, get my car to where it was when I bought it 4 years ago - with shocks that still have some life left in them. I had replaced the fronts with the Monroe aftermarket equivalent ones at about 110K miles, so 45K on the fronts and now 78K on the rears.

When the time comes that these are worn out, the car will have over 200K miles, and I'll have to decide what to do then. I doubt there would be any good used shocks for my car available in a salvage yard by 2014.

OffThaHorseCEO
03-07-11, 01:07 PM
last night i test fit the subwoofer box im building to make sure it will fit where its going, it fit perfectly:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/Offthahorseceo/utf-8BUm9ja2Zpc2gtMjAxMTAzMDctMDAxMzkuanBn.jpg

the box isnt done yet of course.

started to finish the speaker box. i went to walmart to buy a jigsaw silicone sealant and a compass, for drawing circles. They had everything but the compass. Bought a 50 cent ruler and improvised:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/Offthahorseceo/utf-8BUm9ja2Zpc2gtMjAxMTAzMDYtMDAxMzguanBn.jpg

unfortunately i miscalculated the radius by an inch so the speaker wouldnt fit. fabricated a back up plan similar to the original and finally got the right radius in and got one hole cut then stopped for the night.

Also, popped the top off in preparation for our trip down to florida. noticed the pulldown motor was acting up again cycling at the wrong times. Removed the ground to it today and fixed that!

Sevillian273
03-07-11, 08:35 PM
Convertible tops = unavoidable FAIL

Stingroo
03-07-11, 09:10 PM
What's going in said box? :)

cadillac kevin
03-07-11, 09:44 PM
got a set of repro front bumper fillers in the mail today from 1980 coupe. makes me wonder why caddy didn't make them out of ABS from the get go- its alot more durable than the poly propylene or whatever they made the factory originals out of. and they don't decompose when you wash the car.
also got a wood grained piece for the left rear door from dr. menard to replace my original one that wont stay in place (2 broken screw mounts.)

cadillac kevin
03-07-11, 09:45 PM
double post

ThumperPup
03-08-11, 07:13 PM
Picked her up from the body shop noticed the radio did not work
pulled shift panel out looked at connectors it was not conected wondering why they had to unconect the radio to work on the body hmm not sure also noticed the dash pad was not cented so went asked what they did
they said some stuff i didnt understand but oh well
now waiting for next week they had to order another part the window trim molding for the passanger door got damaged when they took it apart said thats like a 600 dollar part INS will pay but they have to order it so have to take it back for that when they get that in but
anyways went around it looked say it was looking good

went to gas station filled up
checked oil
drove home

OffThaHorseCEO
03-08-11, 07:20 PM
Sting, 3 8 inch rockford fosgate P2s powered by an audiobshn a8000t which should send about 210 watts to each. Not a monster of a system but its going right behind the seats. Akso, i looked at specs of other "banging" systems ive had before and this one outspecs em. Back then i just saw 1000 watts max and thought i was doing big things, not know each 10 was really only getting 120 real watts. Im eager to see whay this will sound like since it will be my most powerful system yet and the first box ive built.

Today im in west palm beach florida, tomorrow i will visit the legendary dick hussey at allante source for a pair of pearl white doors

Sent from my Dell Streak

Stingroo
03-08-11, 11:14 PM
Aw man you're in WPB? Stalk Sal. :lol:

Playdrv4me
03-08-11, 11:16 PM
Sting, 3 8 inch rockford fosgate P2s powered by an audiobshn a8000t which should send about 210 watts to each. Not a monster of a system but its going right behind the seats. Akso, i looked at specs of other "banging" systems ive had before and this one outspecs em. Back then i just saw 1000 watts max and thought i was doing big things, not know each 10 was really only getting 120 real watts. Im eager to see whay this will sound like since it will be my most powerful system yet and the first box ive built.

Today im in west palm beach florida, tomorrow i will visit the legendary dick hussey at allante source for a pair of pearl white doors

Sent from my Dell Streak

What's wrong with your doors?

ThumperPup
03-08-11, 11:23 PM
What's wrong with your doors?

he just wanted an excuse to go to WPB and stalk sal
lol

OffThaHorseCEO
03-09-11, 09:47 AM
Haha naw. You can bearly tell in the pic cause the light hits them just right.

Some ass repainted the doors. Since theyre pearl white it would have been hard to match the color anyway so thats issue 1. The person who painted apparently didnt bother to go one level finer on his sanding, so you can see the sandmarks on the doors. Its REALLY ugly once you know its there

Sent from my Dell Streak

thebigjimsho
03-09-11, 10:35 AM
I sold it. Well, yesterday...

thebigjimsho
03-09-11, 10:36 AM
And do we really need to know posts were sent from a Dell Streak?

Submariner409
03-09-11, 01:51 PM
Just got back from a run to 125 on my favorite 3-mile road which parallels a farm field over in Caroline County.

Sent from my ancient Toshiba M35X laptop with remote mouse and WiFi card...:alchi:

billc83
03-09-11, 02:05 PM
A summary of yesterday and today's work:

- Dynamat just arrived. Going to lay it out (but not completely install) just to see where I'm sitting.
- Just took off the hatch. Going to have the rear window uninstalled professionally and then crack into the panel to remove the sweet, sweet innards.
- The hatch steel U-channel, along with some hood components, and window regulators will be shipped to Virginia to a Bricklin specialist. He's makes fiberglass replacement panels for the car, which are an upgrade from the original acrylic panels.
- The new Corbeau seats have been put in the car for testing purposes. They look great! Some modification will have to be made for final installation (a mounting bracket will have to be made if I want to keep the sliders). I now have a slightly less cramped cockpit, but a little more legroom would be nice!
- Talked to Rich's Custom Upholstery in Seattle about interior work. They've been around forever and know they're game. Still figuring out the final layout of the interior, but it's panning out nicely. Most likely will drop of the interior panels one by one to get them wrapped.

Yesterday I was quite frustrated with the whole project. Less-so today; it's good to see it start to come together.

johnny kannapo
03-09-11, 02:17 PM
I did internet searches to find shock & strut oil/fluid specs used in F45-FE3 production.

Submariner409
03-09-11, 02:35 PM
I did internet searches to find shock & strut oil/fluid specs used in F45-FE3 production.

johnny, ???......... some sort of a 10W hydraulic oil equivalent for the active valved struts/shocks ???

ThumperPup
03-09-11, 03:18 PM
went out stoped by the body shop
asked them about some pain air bubles it looked like it had they said its just dirt and should come out after a bit
then they said the insruance private adjuster the insurance guy send out is arguing with them about replacing the
Passanger front window trim
said you can just glue the rubber plastic back in place
well no you cant cause then there are creases and they where not there when i droped the car off
so now they have to dail with the insruance company about this
so left the body shop kind of upset
stoped and filled up 3 gallons of gas still getting used to the fuel level guage and all working

drove around in the rain would have goen for a car wash but hense the drove around in the rain coment lol

OffThaHorseCEO
03-10-11, 01:00 PM
Sorry about the whole dell streak thing. i was using tapatalk and it autosigns i guess, didnt bother to go back in and fix, whatever.

So on the way down to Florida, the Allante developed a horrible miss, if i took it up to 80 it got worse to the point it made the whole car shake. I had no idea what it was because it wasnt throwing any codes. Finally it bogged down pretty badly and threw code e041, cam senspr circuit malfunction. I immediately emailed Dick at Allante Source the code and he let me know it was ok to "limp" the car to him so he could fix it. Went ahead and replaced the whole distributor, while he was in there i got him to replace the Idle Speed Control motor, the air filter, a couple of bulbs, and top up the brake fluid.

The car runs beautifully now and made it all the way back home without incident. The guys at the shop were all friendly and definitely knew their stuff.

Unfortunately, we were not able to find suitable doors to replace mine. The final option is a full repaint.

Stingroo
03-10-11, 01:06 PM
Wait so you drove all the way down here without a good set of doors ready and waiting to be installed?

:hmm:

johnny kannapo
03-10-11, 01:48 PM
johnny, ???......... some sort of a 10W hydraulic oil equivalent for the active valved struts/shocks ??? 10w does seem to be the standard. There are many different shock fluid offerings from synthetic, dino, silicon, mineral. It's difficult to nail down specifics some fluid suppliers are putting up data but its hard to find anything out on GM OEM sruts.

The F55 has the most details out there but that fluid is a whole different animal.

I would gather the lack manufacturing details info is intentional. Amsoil & others does have selective weights in shock fluid.

I get wheels turning in my head to make some of these costly repairs back down to earth. I need to depend on others to do the R&D and it's scarce.

Submariner409
03-10-11, 02:00 PM
Thanx.................Car..........Nothing: Today - rainy, 46 degrees, crummy, warmed up quickly overnight due to the front approaching, so everything in the garage is moist with condensation. Not a car tinkering day.

Later, I might check the clamps on the new custom CAI install I did in Post #78.

OffThaHorseCEO
03-10-11, 02:04 PM
Wait so you drove all the way down here without a good set of doors ready and waiting to be installed?

:hmm:

Well, i wouldnt say that. my gf is on spring break and its still chilly and rainy here in NC. we enjoyed a couple of days of sun and beach.

The reason the doors werent ready and waiting to be installed is because the car is a pearl white, which is supposedly nearly impossible to match. he has a bunch of pearl white doors, but he couldnt tell if they matched with the car 3 states away. I could have easily sent him the gas cap to match but then i wouldnt have been able to chill at the beach for 2 days.

Stingroo
03-10-11, 02:06 PM
I suppose that's fair then. lol

ga_etc
03-10-11, 09:33 PM
Drove it to Cobb county to look for a replacement for it. Hasn't panned out yet.

ben.gators
03-10-11, 10:25 PM
I sold it. Well, yesterday...
you sold your V? which one? 04 or 09?

Playdrv4me
03-10-11, 11:46 PM
lol, was wondering when someone would catch that.

gary88
03-11-11, 05:05 PM
Took it out of winter storage :dance:

http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/3520/img7763.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Xo1CGyl8HQ

Then headed straight to the dealer for some maintenance work under warranty. Got an oil change, new wiper blades, new microfilter, and a vehicle inspection done.

http://i.imgur.com/2JIpk.jpg

Playdrv4me
03-11-11, 05:11 PM
Checked trans fluid, still looks red.

ThumperPup
03-11-11, 05:37 PM
dug out of 6 ibnches of snow and said thank good this is my last ohio winter with hopes

JimmyH
03-11-11, 06:23 PM
Trust me, I'm a professional. 23 years as a marketing copywriter.

Sorry to dig up an old post, but, umm, didn't you screw up a print ad or something? :lol:

oh, and the thebigjimsho did not sell either of his Vs.

Submariner409
03-11-11, 07:11 PM
...........made sure the car was still in the garage and had not gone off on its own...........shot two squirrels at 4 - dinner on the Weber.

orconn
03-11-11, 07:20 PM
Took it out of winter storage :dance:

http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/3520/img7763.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Xo1CGyl8HQ

Then headed straight to the dealer for some maintenance work under warranty. Got an oil change, new wiper blades, new microfilter, and a vehicle inspection done.

http://i.imgur.com/2JIpk.jpg

You already paid for all that stuff!

ThumperPup
03-11-11, 07:28 PM
...........made sure the car was still in the garage and had not gone off on its own...........shot two squirrels at 4 - dinner on the Weber.

lol u know i have woken up and ran down to check at the hold house to make sure the seville has not run of on its own
now i just park it smack in the middle of the drive way and look out my bedroom window and see i there and im happy

Playdrv4me
03-11-11, 09:01 PM
Just finished ghetto-rigging my heated and cooled seats back into operation by bending a pin to make proper contact with a BURNT connector. Thanks, GM!

ThumperPup
03-11-11, 09:22 PM
Just finished ghetto-rigging my heated and cooled seats back into operation by bending a pin to make proper contact with a BURNT connector. Thanks, GM!

i want cooled seats

cadillac kevin
03-11-11, 09:23 PM
started on rust removal on the front doors. the winter salt being stuck against the previously rusty doors really rusted the bottoms. nothing eaten through yet, but some spots are really bad. passengers door has rust spots from the inside to the outside where the sheetmetal folds over at the bottom. I wish the prev owners would have actually washed out the doorjambs. would have saved me a headache

OffThaHorseCEO
03-12-11, 11:28 AM
havent done anything today. going to call around and try to get some paint estimates again. Does anyone know of a white metallic that isnt pearl? I saw one of the new ford edges with a metallic white that didnt look pearly. I really liked that color. preferably a really bright metallic white

Aron9000
03-12-11, 02:40 PM
Some of the newer Caddies have a less pearly white, its more like a standard white with metallic sparkles in it.

OffThaHorseCEO
03-12-11, 02:46 PM
that sounds good. I just want a nice white paint job. not just plain white, but cant afford pearl haha

fords color is called white suede, they also have a white pearl. on cadillac i only saw white diamond tricoat aka pearl

Playdrv4me
03-12-11, 03:55 PM
Yea white diamond tri-coat is a three stage paint which is what makes it so expensive. Cadillac also had a weird color called white lightning for a while that had tinges of yellow in it, but I think it was also three stage (and a temporary replacement for white diamond).

OffThaHorseCEO
03-12-11, 04:03 PM
GOOD NEWS!!! (i hope). A guy my brother used to work with said he can match the pearl. We're gonna give it a shot this week...

Playdrv4me
03-12-11, 04:09 PM
Hmm... Skeptical, but optimistic.

OffThaHorseCEO
03-12-11, 04:32 PM
me too...

hes saying 850 for the doors, and he's going to blend into the adjacent panels.
Being skeptical i asked what if i just decided to do the whole car a metallic white? He said 2k, whole car...

Im wanting to lean torward doing the whole car, but thats 2000, and to be honest i do love the pearl white, but it would be awesome to have fresh bright white paint

Playdrv4me
03-12-11, 04:35 PM
I guess it's worth a shot. I mean, even 2000 for the whole car sounds low to me for white diamond, but some guys really are good at what they do and know how to do it without much overhead, or just need the cash. Worse case if you don't like it, you can do the whole thing after that.

OffThaHorseCEO
03-12-11, 04:54 PM
2000 wouldnt be white diamond, just white metallic.

Hes doing this work on the side using his employers facilities. With their blessing of course, since their current focus is buying totalled vehicles and stripping, parting, and scrapping them.

OffThaHorseCEO
03-12-11, 04:56 PM
the bad thing about pearl is if i ever bump into something or someone keys it and it requires paint again, im back at square one

Playdrv4me
03-12-11, 04:57 PM
Ahh ok, still seems worth a shot for the doors alone.

OffThaHorseCEO
03-12-11, 06:29 PM
update, whole car diamond white tricoat, 2300. He guarantees ill be happy with it.

Playdrv4me
03-12-11, 06:40 PM
update, whole car diamond white tricoat, 2300. He guarantees ill be happy with it.

Good luck! Can't wait to see pics!

Stingroo
03-12-11, 07:48 PM
:postpics: indeed.

ga_etc
03-12-11, 07:49 PM
Listed mine for sale on CL yesterday. Anyone interested?

thebigjimsho
03-12-11, 08:50 PM
Sorry to dig up an old post, but, umm, didn't you screw up a print ad or something? :lol:

oh, and the thebigjimsho did not sell either of his Vs.

you sold your V? which one? 04 or 09?
Jimmeh is correct. I was being intentionally obtuse. Since Sal doesn't let us list cars we drive, only Cadillacs, I don't list my Town Car.

I sold my '07 TC Executive L on Tuesday with 199,500 miles and picked up my '11 on Tuesday. It took 2 days because Ford was wasted much of Tuesday and part of Wednesday checking the credit for Home James Inc., not Home James! Inc. even though they were given my address, amongst other things...

But I sold my TC in West Orange, NJ and the buyer drove me 20 miles north to Wayne, NJ which is one of the rare Lincoln fleet dealers who have TCs in stock. And my friend lives in Staten Island so I had a place to stay for a couple days.

thebigjimsho
03-12-11, 08:52 PM
Listed mine for sale on CL yesterday. Anyone interested?
Craigslist is da bomb. It's how I sold the TC. I almost feel guilty that I have nowhere to send the fee to...

Stingroo
03-12-11, 08:56 PM
"Home James! Inc." Oh my god. That's genius. :highfive:

thebigjimsho
03-12-11, 09:03 PM
"Home James! Inc." Oh my god. That's genius. :highfive:
Thank you, sir!

Of the many things in life that irritates me, cliche transportation names is high on the list. Especially turds like Above All Trans and Best Trans and Elite. I can just give people my company name when they ask what I do and they know. And while maybe 2 or 3 people have ever actually said that to me, many, many have asked if I hear that phrase.

So I rolled with it when I started my business...

Playdrv4me
03-12-11, 09:06 PM
West Orange, NJ sounds familiar... Isn't that where Sandy lives?

On that note, it's been an awful long time since we heard from him last.

Stingroo
03-12-11, 09:07 PM
It makes me want to take a trip to Massachusetts and ride in a Town Car (no manstew).

thebigjimsho
03-12-11, 11:06 PM
You must pay extra for teh stew...

Stingroo
03-12-11, 11:08 PM
I shall politely decline your offer, sir.

ga_etc
03-13-11, 01:10 AM
We need pics of the '11!

gdwriter
03-13-11, 01:39 AM
Filled mine up twice today; was on empty, so I needed a fill up before heading to Portland to see my girlfriend and meet her family for the first time. Decided to top it off when I came home since gas in Salem is cheaper than in Independence or Corvallis. Averaged 27 MPG on the round trip with the cruise set at 71 MPH on I-5. Pretty damn good for a big car with a V8. So at current gas prices, it costs me about $15 to go see the gf.

ThumperPup
03-13-11, 01:43 AM
Filled her up Still getting used to gas guage
how come it was reading half tank but only took 7.5 gallons
guess maybe it reads like that on purpose perhaps

Stingroo
03-13-11, 07:46 AM
Packing it this morning (but not packing Mike Heuter style. :lol:) to go home for Spring Break. Wooooooooooooooooooo!

gary88
03-13-11, 12:38 PM
Filled up, $58.88 for 14.87 gallons of Shell 93.

gdwriter
03-14-11, 01:23 AM
Sorry to dig up an old post, but, umm, didn't you screw up a print ad or something?Why thank you for the reminder. :rtfinger:

Stingroo
03-14-11, 08:20 AM
Had a fun drive back. Now the process of fixing things shall begin!

Shadetree mechanic by day - studious individual by night! FML. :lol:

ThumperPup
03-14-11, 10:53 AM
Drove it to the Progressive Claim service center
and asked lots of questions
found out that with them what i need is to have the car appraised at stated value ones i get the custom work doen pay higher primume but still have it covered on the entire cost of what i have put into the car
so thats what i did with the car today

billc83
03-14-11, 12:01 PM
A summary of the last few days:

- Had the rear hatch glass uninstalled. It literally took 5 minutes and the shop didn't even charge me, just asked I come back when it's to be reinstalled, which I will.
- Disassembled the hood.
- Took measurements of the seats and sliders so a mounting bracket can be made.
- Took the power steering pump to be rebuilt, as my efforts to find a replacement were futile! The power steering pump is the LAST major mechanical item that needs a looking at. The engine should start up next week!

Going to package and ship the hatch, hood, and window regulators later today.

OffThaHorseCEO
03-14-11, 01:30 PM
A summary of the last few days:

- Had the rear hatch glass uninstalled. It literally took 5 minutes and the shop didn't even charge me, just asked I come back when it's to be reinstalled, which I will.
- Disassembled the hood.
- Took measurements of the seats and sliders so a mounting bracket can be made.
- Took the power steering pump to be rebuilt, as my efforts to find a replacement were futile! The power steering pump is the LAST major mechanical item that needs a looking at. The engine should start up next week!

Going to package and ship the hatch, hood, and window regulators later today.

NICE! It would be nice if you could get a vid of the beast awakening from its slumber

OffThaHorseCEO
03-14-11, 01:59 PM
Ok, so, the box is finished, its heavy as hell and is a pain in the ass to put into and take out of the car. oh well, once its in for good its noot coming out.

Hooked it all up and hit a roadblock and possible disappointment. The positive terminal on one of the amps is seized. and the bolt is now stripped. I hooked everything else up and tried holding the positive cable to the amp but it seems as though the amp itself might be bad too. im hoping its just because the cable itself isnt hooked up properly. this was the subwoofer amp.

Tested the 4 channel infinity amp, the one i actually expected to be bad, and it worked perfectly

Also, never got the car to the paintbooth, forgot i had to put the hardtop on first. got that done last night, dropping it off tonight hopefully!

JimmyH
03-14-11, 02:14 PM
Jimmeh is correct. I was being intentionally obtuse. Since Sal doesn't let us list cars we drive, only Cadillacs, I don't list my Town Car.

I sold my '07 TC Executive L on Tuesday with 199,500 miles and picked up my '11 on Tuesday. It took 2 days because Ford was wasted much of Tuesday and part of Wednesday checking the credit for Home James Inc., not Home James! Inc. even though they were given my address, amongst other things...

But I sold my TC in West Orange, NJ and the buyer drove me 20 miles north to Wayne, NJ which is one of the rare Lincoln fleet dealers who have TCs in stock. And my friend lives in Staten Island so I had a place to stay for a couple days.

Home James! Inc. That is brilliant! How is it I never knew this? That should be your user title.
And there are all kinds of folks listing their non-Cadillacs under the cadillacs they drive. I chose not to.

Stingroo
03-14-11, 03:07 PM
Like me!

Anywho...

Today marks one year of wagon ownership for me. This is awesome. :) So to celebrate, I did a few things:

New brake calipers and pads. They were bad. Really bad, and one of the calipers got stuck, so I replaced them both. Total cost? Under $50.
New hood struts. Now the hood stays up and won't eat me! Yay! Total cost? $0. These were a gift from dad.
Fixed an exhaust leak that my dad found. Two of the bolts down by the header collector were gone, and one was broken. Took the broken bolt in, matched some up, replaced. Total cost? $10.

Other miscellaneous expenses included two cans of brake clean (only needed one), a bottle of brake fluid, and a large container of Gojo soap. Misc. cost? $10.

So for $80 I can now stop, work on my car without getting eaten, and now, unfortunately, it's much MUCH quieter. Needs duals next Christmas break FOR SURE. :thumbsup: I'll take a video of the newer quiet exhaust today.

orconn
03-14-11, 03:11 PM
Congratulations, Roo, sounds like a day well spent!

Stingroo
03-14-11, 03:21 PM
Yep! Had fun with the car and with dad.

Next project: oil cooler lines to stop my oil leak, and then figure out how to swap my seats around....

JimmyH
03-14-11, 05:41 PM
Like me!

Anywho...

Today marks one year of wagon ownership for me. This is awesome. :) So to celebrate, I did a few things:

New brake calipers and pads. They were bad. Really bad, and one of the calipers got stuck, so I replaced them both. Total cost? Under $50.
New hood struts. Now the hood stays up and won't eat me! Yay! Total cost? $0. These were a gift from dad.
Fixed an exhaust leak that my dad found. Two of the bolts down by the header collector were gone, and one was broken. Took the broken bolt in, matched some up, replaced. Total cost? $10.

Other miscellaneous expenses included two cans of brake clean (only needed one), a bottle of brake fluid, and a large container of Gojo soap. Misc. cost? $10.

So for $80 I can now stop, work on my car without getting eaten, and now, unfortunately, it's much MUCH quieter. Needs duals next Christmas break FOR SURE. :thumbsup: I'll take a video of the newer quiet exhaust today.

sounds like alot of work, especially for someone who does not like wagons :sneaky:

Stingroo
03-14-11, 06:00 PM
You sir, are a fool.

JimmyH
03-14-11, 06:10 PM
or was it hatches

gdwriter
03-14-11, 06:23 PM
Home James! Inc. That is brilliant!

http://twistedsifter.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/guinness-brilliant.jpg

Submariner409
03-14-11, 09:33 PM
.............to the car, nothing. Hauled down my spare intake manifold and set of injectors. Scoped out the injector spray holes (4) in a slight rectangular pattern - 2 holes (jets ?) for each side of the two-valve port. Considered playing with a Dremel tool and fairing in the lower section of the injector bosses to improve airflow through the spray pattern into the siamesed ports........see the flat area just on the port side of the manifold injector boss ? A little fairing and polishing...........

V-Eight
03-14-11, 09:36 PM

Must be a common problem on the LO5, had to do the same thing on my truck.